Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tekken Tag Tournament 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Plenty of new screens with some new characters popped up at Famitsu today.

I've included the character shots for everyone shown, but there's plenty of in game stuff to see at the above link.

lS3r2ghHeJlRa2oE1G2MoZN2Ejh239G8.jpg

Cg8IvNV2tH9d9NYv12AkMQ1WR8r8zkZ9.jpg

TT3UwRxqw5KXb619PBNLm8pbuk37lmqf.jpg

Lyi27ljq5DT5R9696OEEDky7uKxHe8MT.jpg

IGwVn22rOSps3DH8m19Yg5p316O7DSea.jpg

XF1Zo5Ff7Nc6msW9X8AQz55G4Py8sjp4.jpg

aZvt87825hfkNH45gu9eRBx7r8N62ExW.jpg

And a statue of Yoshi which is apperantly his look for the game.
    PuP7jhiGc1M4WUXClF2RlBU2N659sHsd.jpg

This poor fella didn't deserve a high quality render.
    KXWnK9fS2st68W7B1YNvPNS1SJy7Syl5.jpg

And finally, what a shot :pac:
    PgYcMSDAeMNka1xpeH4zEV6QO756ez3o.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

They've really toned down the size of Asuka's funbags... and yet somehow made her better.

Equippable items for attacking your opponents? Wha?
    In this week’s issue of Famitsu, Tekken Tag 2 is featured, and there are portraits of Kazuya, Bob, Xiayou and Zafina. The article also touches upon a couple of the gameplay mechanics that will be implemented into the title.

Like in Tekken 6, items will be incorporated into the game. They won’t just change the appearance of your character, but you can also use them to attack your opponents. In TTT2, there will be a large number of variations for each item. Tag attacks will also play a big part of the game, especially because TTT2 will be taking Tekken 6’s wall system. Basically, you will be able to smack opponents into the wall and eventually destroy the walls (like in Tekken 6) but you will be able to continue your combo after this happens by calling in your partner for support. You’ll have to call your partner before the wall collapses though, so there will be some timing required.

The rage system will be making a return as well, but things won’t work exactly as it did in Tekken 6. This time around, it will be your partner who will go into rage mode once the requirements are met. Oh yeah, and the requirements to go into rage mode will depend on the characters in your team. So it may be easier or harder to activate it depending on your character choice.

tekkentagtournament2mag.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

Sairus wrote: »
    Equippable items for attacking your opponents? Wha?

They were in Tekken 6 and were not much use. More of a taunt if you even bothered using one in a fight more than anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

New pics. Note the pixelation on the character select screen.

http://shoryuken.com/content/tekken-tag-tournament-2-preview-build-screens-aou-show-3608/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

GorySnake wrote: »
    They were in Tekken 6 and were not much use. More of a taunt if you even bothered using one in a fight more than anything else.

I love Lili's penguins.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

I loved Tekken Tag Tournament when it came out so I will definitely be grabbing this when it's released.

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭BigStupidGuy

DID ANYONE SEE THE NEW VIDS FOR TT2????? It looks friggin awesome!!!!

Jaycee has replaced Julia Chang and has all her old moves + a lot more (including stances etc...)

Jun Kazama and true Ogre are back as unlockable characters!

You have to watch these....

Trailer...

http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=120459

and some more gameplay footage..

http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=120462

Enjoy!! (since I main Julia I'm very excited!!) :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

I love the Lili and Azuka high five. ^_^

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

I love the Lili and Azuka high five. ^_^

They can't hide it any more, next stop: lesbianism. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭BigStupidGuy

Yes all girls should put their differences aside for that very reason.......... so they can high 5! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

Yreval wrote: »

Sounds interesting:
    Tekken Tag 2: Nina, Anna, King and Armor King are featured in Famitsu this week. They don’t show any tag throws for the King/Armor King duo but for Nina and Anna they show their tag throw where Anna plants her heel into the opponent’s head while Nina steps on their back. They touch upon the character customization for a bit, promising over 30 items per character this time around. Shown in the magazine are Heihachi with traditional Japanese geta and a fish on his back, Asuka in formal Japanese army fatigues (albeit with a very nice miniskirt instead of pants), Jin with classic samurai armor (very similar to what Taka-arashi has in VF5 Final Showdown) and Bob with… something. I don’t know the inspiration behind it. They also mention that certain items will trigger special sequences. For example, when King equips his heavyweight belt item and then defeats the opponent with a running powerbomb (his air throw, I believe, I totally forget), then King will stay in the plant position and his partner will come out and perform the classic wrestling 3 count.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭eco2live

I wonder what we will have to fight on the final stage this time.

A combine harvester or maybe a space station or a laser firing dinosaur so big that we can only see its feet.

Tekken games always have a bizarre end boss that can kill you at any time it likes. Normal moves and the idea of reach don't factor. I wish programmers would stop doing that in fighting games. Just give us a an old master like in the kill bill movies or a ninja or even a fat slob. Anything but a big pile of spinning polygons.

Was playing tekken 6 a few minutes ago and the final boss is a head wrecking bastard (hense the rant :))

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

If you can use throws the final team/boss, then it'll be a groundbreaking step for Tekken. :p

eco2live wrote: »
    Tekken games always have a bizarre end boss that can kill you at any time it likes.
    The recent Tekkens maybe, the older ones not so much.

Malice wrote: »
    The recent Tekkens maybe, the older ones not so much.

True

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,659 ✭✭✭Chaotic_Forces

GorySnake wrote: »
    Good day today for announcements! Tag juggles look cool, I hope that "Like Im going to team up with you" bit at the end doesnt mean certain teams arent possible or worse, set teams only :(. That would be a really crap thing to reveal in a trailer.

I think it might be a bit of a combonation really. If you have both Kazamas then they can do certain moves. But I'm fairly sure there'll be sort of assists, as in even if it's say Jin amd Bruce, if you launch with Jin, Bruce can come tagged in with a knee or two. But I'd say there are also certain tags with certain teams.

Now that I look at more of the videos, it seems like the combo thing works as in you taking control of the second character so you might get some impressive juggles.
    eco2live wrote: »
    I wonder what we will have to fight on the final stage this time.

A combine harvester or maybe a space station or a laser firing dinosaur so big that we can only see its feet.

Tekken games always have a bizarre end boss that can kill you at any time it likes. Normal moves and the idea of reach don't factor. I wish programmers would stop doing that in fighting games. Just give us a an old master like in the kill bill movies or a ninja or even a fat slob. Anything but a big pile of spinning polygons.

Was playing tekken 6 a few minutes ago and the final boss is a head wrecking bastard (hense the rant :))

Just Tekken 5 and 6. Jinpachi had the stun that you could only block by crouching and blocking and NANCY/Azael... yes, they are hard.
    Tekken 1 - Tag just had normal people.

I think it might be a bit of a combonation really. If you have both Kazamas then they can do certain moves. But I'm fairly sure there'll be sort of assists, as in even if it's say Jin amd Bruce, if you launch with Jin, Bruce can come tagged in with a knee or two. But I'd say there are also certain tags with certain teams.

Now that I look at more of the videos, it seems like the combo thing works as in you taking control of the second character so you might get some impressive juggles.

Just Tekken 5 and 6. Jinpachi had the stun that you could only block by crouching and blocking and NANCY/Azael... yes, they are hard.
    Tekken 1 - Tag just had normal people.
    *cough*TrueOgre*cough*

I hope they tone down the juggling a bit. Somtimes Tekken is like basketball.

• Advertisement

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    *cough*TrueOgre*cough*

True Orgre was a cakewalk though. If he flew up and breathes fire just either run forward and give him a throw from behind or juggle/sidestep.

I thought the post was more about the fact that the bosses were basically "WTF how am I meant to kill it".

True Ogre and Ogre were horrible used by the AI; Jinpachi (Tekken 5 style) are seriously overpowered/broken. Same with Azael and NANCY I would think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Yeah I think the point was that even True Ogre functioned like a normal character, he could be thrown, had to block normally, etc.

Yeah I think the point was that even True Ogre functioned like a normal character, he could be thrown, had to block normally, etc.

Same with Jinpachi. Except he had a giant demon mouth for a stomach shooting out fireballs that were usually nigh-on impossible to dodge if done rapidly.

The stun was a fecker though: Jump? Stunned. Stand? Stunned. Standing block? Stunned. Crouching block? BLOCKED IT, YES! But of course he would just attack again and you'd be screwed.

Tekken 6 really did away with all ideas of normality though.

In a business sense though, those bosses make sense.

If the player has gotten through that many CPU opponents without being challenged, that means the operator is not making any money from him playing.

So, when you lose, you either get off the machine 1 minute faster, or you put another coin in. Either way, the operator wins.

Also, it's not like they're SNK-Boss hard...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Everytime he says Tekken there it sounds like he's having a fit...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

That's the voiceover chap from NHK World.

I'm going to go outside now.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Aurongroove

a lot of characters strengths/weaknesses will be balanced out by tagging. Characters with poor launching options can get their team mate to launch then tag in and players without attach reversals will be able to tag out (of unblockable traps etc.) and tag in someone with an attack reversal.

I cant wait to play 3 and 4 player tag (where one team is two players)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Aurongroove

yeah
    T5 & 6 is the only tekken with a giant monster final stage bosses.

T1 and 4 had Heihachi as you'd play with him.
    T2 Devil (grab-able and human sized hit box)
    T3 True Ogre (grab-able and human sized hit box)
    TTT Unknown (grab-able and human sized hit box)

Even Jinpachi was vaguely human sized, I don't remember if you can grab him or not, I just used fast short frame mid attacks to win him

an easy way to kill Azazel is with delayed jump kicks (such as the standard up/forward * 3). it's a standard jump kick I believe every normal character has (not their up/forward + 3, but up/forward, neutral, 3)

providing you get the distance of the jump right, it works almost perfectly everytime. they must have forgot to right in a defense of such a out of the way move into the AI.

also high hitting unblockables which could normally be well avoided by remaining on the ground will hit Azazel even when he's lying flat. If the attack travels in from a decent distance, and you time it right Azazel's AI won't "realize" it will hit him and he'll attempt to lie there to avoid being hit.

works to great effect with Beaks running spin kick unblockable (with is normally useless) and Leo's elbow charge
    both unblockables come in from distance, but I think I hit him with Pauls at one stage as well.

lousy tactic, but hey, he's just an AI boss. does it really matter how you win against him?

Advertisement