Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

problem with upc phone service in dublin 8

• 18-09-2010 1:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭

hello

Im having problems with my phone, since last night i cant make or receive calls, and it keeps making a continuous sound (like the line is down or something) when i pick it up

the broadband and tv work fine but I m not sure where is the problem

anyone else in the area can give me some feedback

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Dublin 8 (off Cork Street) here. No problems with phone here (I checked calls, incoming and outgoing)..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 debt

Just beside James Hospital. Have the same problem as you described. It has been going on for a couple of weeks. Made lots of phone calls to upc. Told that yes there is a problem 'nationally' the engineers are working on it. Not feeling particularly confident. It seems to work intermittentedly.

I was first told to switch the router/modem off and on again, then told that my line would be monitored for 3 days and now that the engineers are working on it.

I am going to ring them again today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭kenmc

My phone and broadband are down, Dublin 14, since sometime over the weekend - only got back last night @10 and it was gone then. There's an announcement on the helpdesk about a known issue that they're working on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭j4vier

just on the phone trying to ring upc as well

if u dial 1908 and go through the steps for help with the phone service, there is an automated that says they are investigating faults similar to the one that i have so i believe i m not the only one.

hopefully they ll sort it out as i need the line!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭kenmc

i'm back

• Advertisement

still no phone here

phone works now but the broadband hasnt been working properly all day
    anyone else can confirm?

Advertisement