Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats the worst state you were in after drinks?

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Fozzie Bear

Back in my college days I woke up one morning, fully clothed with my pillow stuck to the side of my head, hair and beard. I had puked during the night and rolled about in it until I woke the following morning. The puke had dried all over my head and pillow and gone crusty and brittle. The smell was something else.

The day before we had met a few lads and lassies, skipped college and went on the lash. It was some random Tuesday, totally unplanned. We eventually got kicked out of the pub so we fell into an offie got 3 bottles of Paddy Powers and off home.

Anyways at some stage I had was found facing into the corner of the hallway with my head pressed to the wall to stop myself falling over and muttering away to no one in particular. I had to be pushed up the stairs to bed as I was incapable of making it up without falling backwards. I was thrown onto the bed with a pillow put either side of me to stop myself rolling onto my back. I woke in the morning with a damp patch of drool in front of me and the pillow stuck to my face with chunky dried vomit consisting of half digested chips, burger and smelling of whiskey. Thank God they had the sense to put me face down on the bed in case I puked. To this day even just the smell of whiskey turns my stomach in knots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

1.Fell asleep on the floor at a friends house. 2.Tripped on a friends set of stairs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Last New Year's I got very drunk before going out. VERY drunk. We made Muppet's Christmas Carol into a drinking game. Everytime someone said "christmas", "humbug" or looked sad or sang we had to drink.
    Got to the club at around half 11, had a jagerbomb and I was pretty much out of it. Apparently at 12 o clock I was walking up to random girls and asking "would the lady care for some intercourse?" in my poshest voice possible. After being turned down a few times I announced to everyone "I CAN'T GET LAID. LETS LEAVE."
    Went into work the next day with the worst hangover I've ever had. A customer asked me where the the beech finish was. I growled "**** should I know!?" and wandered off to get sick in the toilet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭Subtle Troll

Have a read back of this thread and think of the taxes levied on the drink, on the addictive cigarettes we can only buy a minimum of 20 at a time, and think about the 'head shop' hysteria over something that had the potential to cost the government its drunken addicted sheep who pay for their cushy lifestyle.

You should all be ashamed of yourselves, I am quitting the fags at the moment and reconsidering my drinking habits. I am going to try more un-taxed drugs and intend to either vote opposition in the upcoming election, or wipe my arse and soil my vote in protest.

Shame on you all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭punchdrunk

Have a read back of this thread and think of the taxes levied on the drink, on the addictive cigarettes we can only buy a minimum of 20 at a time, and think about the 'head shop' hysteria over something that had the potential to cost the government its drunken addicted sheep who pay for their cushy lifestyle.

You should all be ashamed of yourselves, I am quitting the fags at the moment and reconsidering my drinking habits. I am going to try more un-taxed drugs and intend to either vote opposition in the upcoming election, or wipe my arse and soil my vote in protest.

Shame on you all.

only half your username is accurate

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Indeed. That really wasn't very subtle.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Lizzzard

mild heart attack

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭kc87

was in may. went out with with one me mates for a couple drinks at 3 on a friday and woke up saturday with a broken rib and punctured lung. still no idea how it happened but think it was a good nite before that happened

• Closed Accounts Posts: 386 ✭✭seensensee

You should all be ashamed of yourselves, I am quitting the fags at the moment and reconsidering my drinking habits. .

Quitting cigarettes can be tough, you experience wild erratic emotions, uncontrollable urges, gross dissatisfaction ect ect but I am glad you highlighted "the drink". Time for a dose of newspaper reality...

Alcohol related deaths have doubled in recent years

"The number of alcohol related deaths in Ireland has doubled in recent years, according to a study by the Health Research Board.
    The study has found that 1,775 people died as a result of problem alcohol abuse between 1995 and 2004.
    The number of alcohol related injuries also rose by nearly 90% in the same period, while overall consumption levels were up 17%.
    The HRB says young women are especially putting themselves at risk, with under-18s accounting for almost half of all women discharged from hospital following alcohol-related incidents."
    http://www.independent.ie/breaking-news/national-news/alcohol-related-deaths-have-doubled-in-recent-years-1209214.html

This thread is great anecdotal evidence to the bland, boring, well ignored statistics.
    http://alcoholireland.ie/?page_id=110

Drinking too much is nothing to be ashamed of, indeed it's part of growing up, although many never grow out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭jdooley28

1. in a cell 2. in a fat girls bed 3. in my own bed covered sick, cury cheese chips and ketchup.. 4. in a girls t-shirt that was pink nd had a bunny rabbit on it, some walk of shame

• Advertisement

punchdrunk wrote: »

What parts of yours are accurate, the drunk bit maybe? :p
    Terry wrote: »
    Indeed. That really wasn't very subtle.

Don't take the names literally, doesn't make sence in 90% of cases so why would it in mine?

Yours might though, you might be named Terry.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭patrickbrophy18

punchdrunk wrote: »

Maybe, subtle troll is an ironic username.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭themandan6611

bout 10 years ago in Break for the Border, free bar at a work due, drank 10-15 shots of jager, sambuca & 4-5 pints etc etc. Unable to walk so was bundled into a taxi, got fukced out of taxi (dont know why), started walking somewhere, no idea wheer I was, with hands in pockets - tripped and fell head first - nightlink home.

Woke up, pillow covered in blood and sudocream - had a look in the mirror and I looked like gravel man - over to St Vincents and had them pick all the gravel outta my face - got infected with lovely white & yellow puss

O the good old days :D

If you think about it too much, have you been trolled anyway?

Its a mind game, I thought it would be smart, but then people cant look past it, like a kkk member cant see past the colour of someones skin, or look past his own nose if he puts his hood on backwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Cheap Thrills!

Worst state I was ever in after drinks was .....SOBER!!!

Y'know one of those nights where no matter how hard you try, you can't get sufficiently intoxicated! Thats the worst! The WASTE of cash! In vain!!! Arrrgh!!! :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 156 ✭✭Cranky Mc Funhouse

A state of despondency

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

Hit on the bosses daughter and generally acted the douche, swung at one of my mates who was trying to get me into a taxi and went legging it down the road roaring my head off. The next thing I remember is waking up in the cell. There were others but that night sure did stand out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Y'know one of those nights where no matter how hard you try, you can't get sufficiently intoxicated! Thats the worst! The WASTE of cash! In vain!!! Arrrgh!!! :P

After a big dinner or something! I totally understand the frustration!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 mayorose

Defo the worst state I was in was been exceptionally intoxicated, somehow managing to get into a taxi, think the taximan must have dropped me at a cop shop cos I didnt know where I was going, march into the garda station, my coordination absolutely atrocious. i dont even remember waking up in a cell! Remember bits and bobs of my trip to the cop shop but only really came to when this female garda starting screaming at me telling me i was p1ssing her off when she was leaving me home! like honestly and truthfully, i know i was locked but is there any need to use bad language? was at a houseparty one night and cops came in and they started fing and blinding at all of us. has anyone else had any experience of cops and their mouths and the total lack of professionalism?!
    So to answer the question ending up in cop shop=great nights craic

Woke up yesterday morning missing a toe nail on my right foot.. Was dancing on a beach but that comes nowhere close to explaining it. The people I was with don't remember anything happening either..
    Weird. and sore.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 521 ✭✭✭alexa5x5

God that is so annoying! Especially when you’re on a night out with people you don’t know that well, like a work do or something and you just want to get a bit merry so you can relax. But no matter what you drink you can get drunk, just tired and a bit sick!!! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭spudd

had one too many at a fancy dress party lately...last thing i remember is dancing and thinking how sober i was considering the amount i'd had to drink. next thing i know, my sisters piling my into a taxi, getting really thick with me cos apparently i had passed out in the toilet, and someone had to climb over the cubicle to try wake me up. unfortunately not the first time its happened either...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭lg123

i took a pee on the window of my local chipper from the outside at around 2.30pm one night sat night. cant remember it but was kindly remembered by all my mates the following days.

another of my mates cut most of his ear of after a climb in a window went wrong. it was hanging on by a small sliver of his earlobe. the docs sewed it back on real well, no bother now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Rego1

Well that's pretty good...
    The worst one I heard was a guy at a corporate gig that was a very stressed bloke everybody... Ahhh.. poor bloke.. now he was really uptight and when there was a Christmas do at the office where everything was free.. (not a good start for him) so he got stuck into it when it started he began starting with shots of Sambuca.. followed by loads of beer... fast forward to 3 hours later and the night is only getting started and this bloke is stumbling around on the dance floor then....

Projectile vomiting ensued everywhere followed by a falling down on the floor still on the dance floor then hey presto... he shat himself while out cold on the floor puking all at the same time!!
    He single handily had stopped the whole party and it was shut and he was whisked off to the hospital to have his stomach pumped.. he was not a popular bloke when he returned to work a good 2 weeks later due to the embarrassed and shame!!!!

Oh dear

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

It's not ironic, it's an oxy-moron.

Like same difference,
    or giant midget,
    or beautiful monster.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭RMD

Was absolutely ****ed one night in town, was meant to be staying in a mates house that night which was out in cabinteeley. Having no money left and being in such a state I decided I'd walk. I ended up in Cabra after confusing the names, woke up on a rugby pitch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

Found lying unconscious in a doorway on Grafton Street.

Had a load of whiskey and coke, what I thought i belch was actually a stream of said whiskey n' coke coming back right in front of the ex's mother. Just missed her with it.

Found in bed with a girl by my father when I lived at home. In the room I shared with my two younger brothers (ten years younger).

I think I'll leave it at that... I mean the internet is anonymous an' all right *cough*.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Knocked back four cans of Fosters and a naggin of Southy then went to my mates 21st, proceeded to blow all my wages (was only part time so about €100) on booze that night.

Got home and into bed, puked over the side of my bed and worried that someone would see reached into my drawer, pulled out a handful of boxers and used it to slide all the puke under my bed.

Woke up the next morning and had to scoop it all up into a plastic bag and put it in the bin. Then go to work from 1-10.

Not cool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭AAAAAAAHHH

DOC09UNAM wrote: »
    It's not ironic, it's an oxy-moron.

Like same difference,
    or giant midget,
    or beautiful monster.

Same difference isn't an oxymoron, it's just retarded.

• Advertisement
Advertisement