Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Muramasa and Odin Sphere heading to PSN and XBLA?

Options
  • 18-09-2010 2:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭

This would be bloody awesome if it happens. Both of these games were absolutely beautiful so it'd be great if they reached a wider audience.
    Vanillaware's stylish Wii platformer Muramasa: The Demon Blade could be on the receiving end of an HD makeover, according to multiple sources at the Tokyo Games Show.

1UP has reported that the Japanese developer is planning to port an HD version of the Wii exclusive to XBLA and PSN, along with Odin Sphere, its cult 2007 PS2 RPG.

We asked Muramasa's UK publisher Rising Star to confirm or deny, but it pled ignorance. "Our deal was with Marvelous for the boxed retail version of Muramasa, so I believe that if Vanillaware are planning a digital release then it has nothing to do with RSG," said a spokesperson.

Eurogamer's Keza MacDonald awarded Muramasa: The Demon Blade 7/10 back in 2009, branding it "a fleeting but indisputably beautiful affair."

Last year, Marvelous, the game's Japanese publisher, expressed interest in releasing its games on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. Until then it had predominantly made games for Nintendo platforms.

Muramasa heading to PSN and XBLA?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,324 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Muramasa would look amazing in HD.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Would love to see Odin Sphere on XBLA/PSN. Really missed out on that beautiful looking game.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,999 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Would love to see Odin Sphere on XBLA/PSN. Really missed out on that beautiful looking game.

You could still pick it up, can get it pretty damn cheap on ebay. Think mine only cost me about a tenner a few months back.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

No PS2 or backwards compatible PS3 anymore (stoopid BRoD) :(

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Disc-less gaming FTW.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,477 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

As I said on the JRPG thread, HD is made for Odin Sphere, although the funky difficulty curve put me off the game after only a few hours :( Must give it another whirl soon, but the strange battle system definitely didn't pull me in straight away.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,999 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Disc-less gaming FTW.

Give me discs over downloads any day. Even a disc that'll install to a HDD and then run from the HDD. I don't mind how they play, I just want a physical copy!

Odin Sphere would indeed look amazing in HD. Wasn't it originally designed for it but scaled down for the ps2?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,438 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

o1s1n wrote: »
    Odin Sphere would indeed look amazing in HD. Wasn't it originally designed for it but scaled down for the ps2?

Yep it was but not really scaled down, all the art is in HD which is why the scaling looks so smooth.

Advertisement