Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

some welcomed additions to wexford shops!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭EASYNEWS

Where is the 'The Little Yard' is this a part of 'The Yard' restaurant ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

EASYNEWS wrote: »
    Where is the 'The Little Yard' is this a part of 'The Yard' restaurant ?

Yeah a Tapas Bar

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

I see Andy Doyle (Michael Tierney) has applied for a change of use of the beer garden to a licensed area in Morris's

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

McLoughlin wrote: »
    I heard that the Red Chair thing may be moving into The Little Yard.

I heard that it was moving to fusion cafe

Dinkie wrote: »
    I heard that it was moving to fusion cafe

Where ever it goes it needs allot work promoting it .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

Where ever it goes it needs allot work promoting it .

I think a Tapas Restaurant, using the same standard as The Yard, will sell itself no bother. I can't wait to try it. Word will spread quickly if it is good

oldyouth wrote: »
    I think a Tapas Restaurant, using the same standard as The Yard, will sell itself no bother. I can't wait to try it. Word will spread quickly if it is good

I meant The Red Chair those open mic nights are badly promoted in town as for Tapas are If im honest i haven't a clue what they are but like you said if the food is good it will do well.

The Yard facebook page will have information about it

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Yard-Restaurant-Wexford/247213088871

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

I meant The Red Chair those open mic nights are badly promoted in town as for Tapas are If im honest i haven't a clue what they are but like you said if the food is good it will do well.

The Yard facebook page will have information about it

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Yard-Restaurant-Wexford/247213088871

Well, i've only been at a couple of them, but the place was fairly full both times.

It was actually a really nice night. Very relaxed.. and I could have a coffee/ hot chocolate without looking wierd.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,682 ✭✭✭Corvo

Dinkie wrote: »
    Well, i've only been at a couple of them, but the place was fairly full both times.

It was actually a really nice night. Very relaxed.. and I could have a coffee/ hot chocolate without looking wierd.

I had been to a couple of them also. They did some great wines there.

But my god the heat :(

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭WexfordWarrior

pass by the red chair all the time on my way home and they are usually always packed out the door literally! Some nights are quieter but nearly always a good crowd!

O Neills on the main street gutted inside and work going on in there late into the night, whole place is opened up. big space.

Also seen a mini jcb in corrys tonight and people starting work in there, late at night.

• Advertisement

A rather unwelcomed addition to Wexford Shops this week as a small group of squatters have moved into the Dunnes Stores site on Wexford's main street.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭RadioRetro

Really? Must check that out later.

RadioRetro wrote: »
    Really? Must check that out later.

Management and Security in Redmond Square talking about it yesterday evening Dunnes are not that happy about it.

No signs of life when I passed by yesterday afternoon, twice. But then it is a big place.

Observed this week;

Scaffolding up the front of the former O'Neill's shop opposite Cairrig Donn on Wexford's South Main Street and loads of banging and crashing inside.

The Click computer shop has moved from North Main Street opposite St.Iberius Church to the premises in Key West formerly occupied by McNamara's Pharmacy (I was told the original franchisee is also no longer involved in the venture but don't know the veracity of that).

Work continues in Uncle Sam's on South Main Street to repair the damage caused by the upstairs fire.

Remodelling work in the right hand unit on Paul Quay (to the left of the car park entrance) so somebody's deffo opening up in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Any idea what is going into O'Neills ?

Saw scaffolding there this morning.

Does anyone think The Bullring market should be open everyday at least during the summer ?

Saw some tourists walking around there this week and seems a waste having those huts empty.

I agree, McLoughlin, and no idea, Ted.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭WexfordWarrior

well the planning permission notice is finally up on the staffords building on paul quay. The permission application says they're applying for extra retail space on the ground floor and also using the reception lobby area as part of the shop. the complete retail floor space will be 2,645 sq.m

Also there will be "three projecting new bus stop signs" , one on paul quay, one on oyster lane and one on the corner of paul quay and osyter lane. TK Maxx must be about to start work in there :)

hammering and all sorts going on in corrys yesterday afternoon when i passed also, so all going well we should have 3 more decent additions during the summer :)

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭heathersonline

Parcel motel is also now open in boggans garage besides the hospital and in topaz in new Ross. well worth signing up if you interested in online shopping at all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

Parcel motel is also now open in boggans garage besides the hospital and in topaz in new Ross. well worth signing up if you interested in online shopping at all

Brilliant! The first time I used Parcel Motel, I had to time my order to coincide with a work trip to Dublin and sweat about whether it would actually arrive on time. Now I just need to walk up the road. Its a fab service.

hammering and all sorts going on in corrys yesterday afternoon when i passed also, so all going well we should have 3 more decent additions during the summer :)
    The door was open when I passed the other day - they're stripping the place back to the brickwork and have demolished sections of the rear wall.

New chipper in Talbot Green I heard? Mr Tj's or something like that??

Thought there used to be one already there?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,682 ✭✭✭Corvo

Anything happening with either of the now vacant banks? Permanent TSB or the one across from Hamiltons?

I imagine there is plenty of space in TSB especially and would make for a great location for a store or food place.

The TSB building is up for sale.

In other news, Uncle Sam's chipper on South Main Street re-opened yesterday after the damage caused by the fire upstairs was repaired and the interior refitted.

vicwatson wrote: »
    New chipper in Talbot Green I heard? Mr Tj's or something like that??

Thought there used to be one already there?

There was but the chippers around that neck of the woods change hands every so often for various reasons.

There was but the chippers around that neck of the woods change hands every so often for various reasons.

OK.

Have you sussed the new one out yet?

Any good?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

I hear Meadows & Byrne got the full planning permission for Drinagh. Good news

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Jengagirl

oldyouth wrote: »
    I hear Meadows & Byrne got the full planning permission for Drinagh. Good news

Great - is that in this weeks paper?

• Advertisement

I saw a post on George Lawlor's FB page about this. Didn't see it in the papers.

Advertisement