Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

some welcomed additions to wexford shops!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

Jengagirl wrote: »
    Great - is that in this weeks paper?

On the Wexford People Facebook page

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭RadioRetro

Gentleman was saying to me yesterday evening that there's a rumour TK Maxx is going into O'Neill's old shop opposite Carrig Don on South Main Street. Anyone heard similar?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Zhane

RadioRetro wrote: »
    Gentleman was saying to me yesterday evening that there's a rumour TK Maxx is going into O'Neill's old shop opposite Carrig Don on South Main Street. Anyone heard similar?

Costa coffee is going into oneills. That place is too small for TKmaxx. That's supposed to be going into the empty stonebridge retail space.

Yeah, I thought of the size issue hence the question as I believed it unlikely. The Paul Quay move is a goer so. Lovely stuff, cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭WexfordWarrior

N.I.B. Bank Premises sold.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 Jengagirl

oldyouth wrote: »

241536: Drinagh Retail Park, Sinnottstown, Wexford. (W2012090)

Wexford Borough Council
    Change of use of part of Unit A to restaurant; modifications to elevation to include additional signage; erection of translucent covers to part of garden centre.
    Case reference: PL85 .241536
    Case type: Planning Appeal
    Decision: Grant permission with revised conditions
    Date Signed: 21/05/2013
    Parties
    • John Kearney (Applicant)
    • Billy Devereux (Appellant) (Active)
    • Cathal Fanning (Appellant) (Active)
    • Cathal Fanning, (Appellant) (Active)
    History
    • 21/05/2013: Grant permission with revised conditions
    • 18/01/2013: Lodged
    Documents

new ladies accessories shop opened up across from heatons where the old turkish barbers has moved from and a home care help premises or somthing along those lines fitting out in a shop on the quays where tk maxx is supposed to be going.

That would be the Paul Quay units where the Home Minders place is.

Scaffolding down on the ex-O'Neill's and future Costa coffee shop on SMS, space looks great.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

RadioRetro wrote: »
    That would be the Paul Quay units where the Home Minders place is.

Scaffolding down on the ex-O'Neill's and future Costa coffee shop on SMS, space looks great.

Another Coffee Shop ? Jesus just what we don't need on the town.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Zhane

McLoughlin wrote: »
    Another Coffee Shop ? Jesus just what we don't need on the town.

If they are willing to open, employ and take an empty unit off the market I really don't care what goes in them (within reason anyway)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 marnieb

Costa coffee is great I love their coffee, never bitter, I look forward to it opening:o

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Jengagirl

oldyouth wrote: »

Looks like Barkers are still fighting this according to yesterdays paper :mad:
    They are trying to open for early Oct apparently so lets hope this wont delay it any further

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

TK Maxx to apply for planning in Paul Quay development

Surely great news for the town, great to see inward investment and retail confidence

Great News Vic. That'll be great to have them in town. Did anyone see that a "to let" sign was erected on the building where costa coffee was roumered to be going (o'neills old premises on main street). I wonder is this for a flat upstairs or is it for the actual main building itself?

Was it 100% that costa coffee was going in there? work has seemed to of stopped.

Also I see Michael Tierney has decided to put the Auburn terraces up for sale... The main reason for Dunnes not redeveloping back in 2009 was because he was going to put a boutique hotel into those houses... I wonder will Dunnes Stores now try to redevelop once more, if and when, these houses have been sold on to somebody else? Hmmmmmmm

Great News Vic. That'll be great to have them in town. Did anyone see that a "to let" sign was erected on the building where costa coffee was roumered to be going (o'neills old premises on main street). I wonder is this for a flat upstairs or is it for the actual main building itself?

Was it 100% that costa coffee was going in there? work has seemed to of stopped.

Also I see Michael Tierney has decided to put the Auburn terraces up for sale... The main reason for Dunnes not redeveloping back in 2009 was because he was going to put a boutique hotel into those houses... I wonder will Dunnes Stores now try to redevelop once more, if and when, these houses have been sold on to somebody else? Hmmmmmmm

Would be great if Dunnes did but look at the mess up in waterford/killkenny with the ferrybank project.

Xtra Vison is safe its now own by the same crowd as HMV here's hoping Xtra Vison will become a mini HMV type place.

AFAIK these houses have protected status so will be difficult to do too much with them.

Thats a completely different situation though Mcloughlin I reccon. Waterford City council never wanted that ferrybank development in the first place and unfortunately for them it was built in the tiny landstretch on the kilkenny boarder so the decision was out of their hands.

Also people in that vacinity already had a large dunnes stores in city square they could avail of and also several other large supermarkets in Tesco's poleberry, ardkeen, lismore and now even ballybegg. They also have a superquinn on the tramore road roundabout.

The city centre from ferrybank is 2mins away so it was an absolutely crazy idea in the first place and not only that, the sheer size of the building and all it would of housed was just far far too large for an area like ferrybank to accommodate.

The Wexford Dunnes Stores is now the only one in town since the main street store closed and also has a loyal customer base. Basically it has a "monopoly" on dunnes stores in wexford town :)

I think its well in need of an upgrade, thats for sure, and hopefully they will reconvene their plans and are allowed to reconvene if and when this is sold.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭Corvo

It's about time he did too.

Dunnes seriously needs a re-furb too.

Will anything ever be done with the old cinema across the road?

Corvo wrote: »
    It's about time he did too.

Dunnes seriously needs a re-furb too.

Will anything ever be done with the old cinema across the road?

Local Arts groups wanted to use the cinema for events and exibitions and approached the owner Tom Donnelly but didn't/couldn't get a positive responce from him the offered to take care of the maintenance in return as part of the roof is falling in ()and probably has by now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

Wexford People had the TK Maxx story in this weeks edition and also had something about a hairdressers moving into the O'Neill premises. Apparently to be run by someone involved in one of the local Chinese restaurants and the work was stalled pending his return from a trip to China. No names or quotes.

NIB building to be occupied by Stone Solicitors. There are quotes for that.

• Advertisement

The O'Neills shop mentioned in the paper and that your talking about Druss is the one at the very far end of town by where Michael/Billy Kellys pub is. At the corner of Barrack/King Street. Its not the one in the middle of town but good to see another business opening up and occupying a space :)

Strange, passed by the SMS former O'Neill's and there's a "For Rent" sign up.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

New Pharmacy going into old convenience shop on Abbey street/georges street corner.

Town is full of pharmacys but still good to see place being used again.

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    New Pharmacy going into old convenience shop on Abbey street/georges street corner.

Town is full of pharmacys but still good to see place being used again.

Im assuming that the people running it hope that people from the Abbey Street Medical Centre will pop into the Abbey Street Pharmacy.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

McLoughlin wrote: »
    Im assuming that the people running it hope that people from the Abbey Street Medical Centre will pop into the Abbey Street Pharmacy.

never thought of that :o

• Registered Users Posts: 11,276 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Yep ill certainly pick up my prescriptions from there now when I come out of the doctors, clever idea.

mdwexford wrote: »
    Yep ill certainly pick up my prescriptions from there now when I come out of the doctors, clever idea.

Saves the hassle of driving from Doctors down town searching for parking now you can just park in Abbey Street go to Doctors and then collect your medicine on the same street , brilliant stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭heathersonline

See the ptsb building is sale agreed anyone heard anything?

That shop near the Paul Quay development is "Irish Home Minders"

http://irishhomeminders.com/

• Advertisement

See the ptsb building is sale agreed anyone heard anything?
    As druss said;
    NIB building to be occupied by Stone Solicitors.
    Was in the local papers. Not trying to be snarky.

Advertisement