Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

some welcomed additions to wexford shops!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭heathersonline

McLoughlin wrote: »
    http://www.funtech.ie/ Opening soon on the main street

Where are they going do you know?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

Where are they going do you know?

Just Top of Anne St next to Cex

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

vicwatson wrote: »
    Wexford getting a Rockin' Joes??

REFUSED Planning

• Registered Users Posts: 11,276 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

REFUSED Planning

Anyone know why?

If you go here http://www.wexford.ie/wex/Departments/Planning/

and search for ref number 20150779 you can read the file, reasons are given at the end under "notification of decision".

I see there were 3 objections to it, though they haven't scanned and posted the objection letters that I can see

• Advertisement

People that live in the flats above it and concern over "anti social behavior" and there is enough fast food joints in the area were the reasons

People that live in the flats above it and concern over "anti social behavior" and there is enough fast food joints in the area were the reasons

Not quite true. They were the objections but one of the main reason was because it was contrary to the development plan.

Such bull**** reasons.

If someone is willing to pay rent they should be able to open whatever they want.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭heathersonline

Where were they looking to open?

• Registered Users Posts: 78,404 ✭✭✭✭Victor

mdwexford wrote: »
    Such bull**** reasons.

If someone is willing to pay rent they should be able to open whatever they want.

Fireworks factory? Slaughter house? Nuclear power plant?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭Corvo

Victor wrote: »

This better not apply to strip clubs...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭To Elland Back

mdwexford wrote: »
    Such bull**** reasons.

Dear God! That would result in there being no need for our Town Councillors. Crazy talk :)

If thats the reason for stopping it, these people have obviously never been around Abra late at night, or as I prefer to call it - Basra.

Greenacres parents were objectors, like wtf interest have they got? they dont even live near there afaik

Greenacres parents were objectors, like wtf interest have they got? they dont even live near there afaik

No surprise there...

Victor wrote: »

Sure, brothel, child labour factories, anything you want.

Seems like Rockin' Joes Diner is open in Cornmarket

https://www.facebook.com/rockinjoeswexford/

Anyone go to Rockin Joes yet?

Trying it today, will report back.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭barneystinson

Corvo wrote: »
    Trying it today, will report back.

Surely that's like reporting back on a McDonald's, it's a franchise operation like!

• Advertisement

Surely that's like reporting back on a McDonald's, it's a franchise operation like!

True, but not one I've ever eaten in. Wind it in, or I'll see you on the Quay at 7:30pm, fists and feet only.

Anyway, got the Mexican Burger, Fiery Fries and Strawberry Milkshake. Mate got Mexican Burger, Cheese & Bacon Fries and Vanilla Malt.

Plenty of grub, burger was very fresh and very spicy, which was a pleasant surprise because I hate buying something that says spicy that amounts to a few dustings of paprika. Service was slow enough, but the place was jammed so it did take the full hour between 1-2 between ordering and eating. Total price between two? €25.00.

Very good, would go back no problem. 'Shake was extremely good, with extra helpings.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭jordata

Passed by Rockin Joes 5 separate times today. There was a queue outside each time so a busy start. Can't comment on the food though as I didn't stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭irishgoldberg

Anyone know what's happening at hynes jewellers? Lots of guys dressed in black outside it and it's locked up.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭Big Vern

Anyone know what's happening at hynes jewellers? Lots of guys dressed in black outside it and it's locked up.

Not sure the full story, dispute over lease was one story I heard. I heard a solicitor in town was involved and the people there today were acting as security. Maybe the bailiffs were involved as well.
    But it's not really nice to see this sort of thing going on, especially on the main street

Big Vern wrote: »
    Not sure the full story, dispute over lease was one story I heard. I heard a solicitor in town was involved and the people there today were acting as security. Maybe the bailiffs were involved as well.
    But it's not really nice to see this sort of thing going on, especially on the main street

Thread here - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057587432

I see The Wrens Nest closed recently. Amazing that it lasted as long as it did, don't think it was doing particularly well for food or drink.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Just noticed the To Let sign yesterday.

Place never last there. Every couple of months it changes hands.

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Just noticed the To Let sign yesterday.

Place never last there. Every couple of months it changes hands.

You'd have to be off yer head to consider setting up there, whole place needs gutting / revamp.

I though The Wrens Nest was owned run by Mick Berry for years did he sell it to someone else ?

It had a small local following and was pretty busy when the Spiegeltent was on the Quay.

I hear Hynes will be opening a new shop soon I hope all the customers that suffered when Hynes closed before got their money and possessions back.

• Advertisement

I though The Wrens Nest was owned run by Mick Berry for years did he sell it to someone else ?

It had a small local following and was pretty busy when the Spiegeltent was on the Quay.

I hear Hynes will be opening a new shop soon I hope all the customers that suffered when Hynes closed before got their money and possessions back.

Mr Hard Done By Hynes? Didn't he owe rent, and that's why he got kicked out? Not sure I'd lease a premises to him.

Advertisement