Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 questions

Options
  • 18-09-2010 2:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭

1. house 1st fixed a few years ago just been sold- does it have to be brought up to 4th edition

2. also there's a 'main bond' in situ for ground floor copper piping

upstairs is acorn- but hotpress is copper extending up to tank in attic-i presume i'll have to run main bond to hotpress??
    (as copper extends into attic )

i was original contractor btw

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,745 ✭✭✭meercat

to answer your first question
    its not retrospective so you are ok with your existing first fix
    lifted off reci website..................

Introduction
    Following the publication of the National rules for Electrical Installations 4th Edition ET101:2008, it was decided that the date of
    implementation would be 30th September 2009. This meant that all electrical installations completed after this date must comply with
    the 4th Edition. A situation has arisen due to the recession whereby many electrical installations have been left in an unfinished state
    since 2008. The installation would have been designed to the 3rd Edition, and, presumably, intended for completion before September
    2009. At some future time, when the completion process of the electrical installation is resumed, the question arises concerning which
    Edition of the Rules should apply. A similar situation can arise in the case of large projects which were begun before September 2009.
    The requirements to be observed are given below.
    Certification of Electrical Installations begun before 30th September 2009 for compliance with the 3rd edition
    Installations completed before 30th September 2009 may be certified for compliance with the 3rd Edition.
    Installations begun before 30th September 2009, and in a substantial state of advancement, may be completed and certified in
    accordance with the 3rd Edition.
    For the purpose of these guidelines, the date of the installation is considered to be the date on which work commenced on site. The
    date should be verifiable.
    A project designed in accordance with the 3rd Edition, where work did not commence on site before 30th September 2009, must
    be revised so as to comply with the 4th Edition.

as to your second
    i would definitely run 10square and bond the cylinder
    as to you

Advertisement