Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sid Meiers Civilization V Collector's Edition

Options
  • 18-09-2010 3:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭

Anyone know if this (specfically the collectors edition) will be available in retail stores here ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

If you do find out this, will you tell me the prices for the Collector's Edition in, say, GAME?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Looks good tbh.

I remember playing a 4 player game with 3 lads from my clan..but jesus it took days.

Will have a look for CE in liffey valley/smyths when im over for ye

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

Is this digital only here ? Gamestop not getting it in. Neither is xtravision.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

Play's pricing is a little cheaper that a d/l from steam (38e vs 50e) for standard edition.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,185 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

• Advertisement

Thats a good deal.

Edit: hmmmm. I'm seeing €60 for the Deluze edition !

http://www.direct2drive.eu/9620/product/Buy-Sid-Meier%E2%80%99s-Civilization-V-Digital-Deluxe-Edition-Download

Right. Went with steam. pre-loading now.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I am very tempted to pick up the special edition if its available in town.

Hmm, I know the soundtrack is in the special edition, but what else?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I love Civilization. I might not buy it though with the fear that I'd be throwing my life away once again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

So still no sign of where we can get this?

So still no sign of where we can get this?

Well Gamestop and Xtravision told me they would not be stocking Civ V (collectors or otherwise). Seems a bit strange.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Gamestop will definitely have the standard edition for 39.99.

Gamestop will definitely have the standard edition for 39.99.

Dang. I asked them today and they said no. Ah well.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Manach wrote: »
    Play's pricing is a little cheaper that a d/l from steam (38e vs 50e) for standard edition.
    £25 on amazon, why people keep buying from play is beyond me.

demo is out now. downloading on steam.

edit: [URL="steam://install/65900"]steam://install/65900[/URL]

So GAME are getting this in. They have no price yet and don't know what versions (reg, del, Collectors) they'll be getting.

Loving the demo btw. Wish it was more than 100 turns :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Mantel

So far it's

Stocking Civ5
    Game

Not stocking
    Gamestop
    Xtravision

Anyone know if Smyths will be stocking it? I was tempted to get it on steam but as this needs steam anyway, I'd rather spend some euros in a shop (and get it a little cheaper)

Mantel wrote: »
    So far it's

Stocking Civ5
    Game

Not stocking
    Gamestop
    Xtravision

Anyone know if Smyths will be stocking it? I was tempted to get it on steam but as this needs steam anyway, I'd rather spend some euros in a shop (and get it a little cheaper)

Gamestop have them.

Gamestop have them.

I can't understand why they wouldn't BUT my local Gamestop (Parkway, Limerick) told me they weren't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Mantel

Gamestop have them.

There seems to be mixed messages about Gamestop stocking Civ 5. Is it the standard edition or the Deluxe one? Considering it shouldn't be on shelves until Friday.

There seems to be mixed messages about Gamestop stocking Civ 5. Is it the standard edition or the Deluxe one? Considering it shouldn't be on shelves until Friday.

All I know is that I asked Gamestop (in store) in Limerick would they be stocking Civilization V for PC. They said... No.

Standard one is on the shelves in Kilkenny.

Getting this tomorrow(just the standard edition, I figure I can get someone to lend me the soundtrack CD)!

Getting this tomorrow(just the standard edition, I figure I can get someone to lend me the soundtrack CD)!

Lend you eh...hmmmm. How can I be sure you'd delete the mp3 files after you're finished ? eh ! Answer me that !

:( Dammit, my plan foiled!

So what do we think of it so far ? Played about 4 hours so far and love it. Plenty of little bugs (graphical) but nothing major. I'm new to civ so this is fresh meat :)

Installing now :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

anyone manage to get the special edition?

• Advertisement

anyone manage to get the special edition?

Couldn't find it, infact I was lucky to get the game at all, Gamestop only had 3 copies left.

Advertisement