Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sid Meiers Civilization V Collector's Edition

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Funglegunk

brianon wrote: »
    So what do we think of it so far ? Played about 4 hours so far and love it. Plenty of little bugs (graphical) but nothing major. I'm new to civ so this is fresh meat :)

I envy you being new to civ. :) Such an amazing game.

So has anybody played the new one? Have played about 2 hours myself, seems slightly harder than Civ IV to me. Love the fact that you can't stack units onto one square now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

Played about 2 hours, still haven't finished my first game as Japan, so I'm loving it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

Played the demo and was liking it, a lot of changes though, not sure how it'll standup to Civ 4 tbh.
    Funglegunk wrote: »
    So has anybody played the new one? Have played about 2 hours myself, seems slightly harder than Civ IV to me. Love the fact that you can't stack units onto one square now.

That was one thing that kinda annoyed me about Civ4, it seemed to be all about stacking up massive amounts of units onto a single square and spamming attacks, and a few good units in the stack meant the weaker ones couldn't be touched.
    From what I read in a review though the AI tends to make stupid decisions though, such as sending out cannons before ground troops, hoping that if that's true it's eventually addressed somehow (Patch or expansion pack).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

Yeah. Ai in combat seems to be making some strange decisions. Not all but some. Still kicking my arse though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

ok so can someone help straighten this out for me was big on civ 3 didnt like 4 really.
    1. The other city states , basically you need to suck up to them constantly to stay on their good side? Theres no way to strike a permanent alliance?
    2. If you have extra gold can you up the amount spent on science or happiness ? or do you just build appropriate buildings to boost those?
    3. In comparison to civ 3 where you could build most building in most cities providing you werent at war much , you dont really have the time to do that in this game ya?
    4. the social polices ? you can just have one active at a time ya?

• Advertisement

1. You can declare war with the city (other people and states might not like this) and annex or puppet the city
    2.Buildings only, I think
    3. Don't know how to answer this, only played IV and V
    4. You can have many as long as they don't collide.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 bobaggio

hey, I'm trying to buy and then download from the internet. I tried to download from Direct2drive and it won't let me download cos of my IP. thought this game was available to everywhere since yesterday

D2D have it? But it's a Steamworks game!

Anyone else unable to reduce some cities health to 0? Also, same thing happens to AI it seems, Elizabeth was attacking Vienna, it always had a little bit of health left and would take 0 damage till it got at least one more unit of health, at which point it would repeat itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

Not noticed that really. I've only once managed to crush a city :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,185 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I just barely managed to take the Aztec capitol, and it seemed to be at 0 for a few turns. I think it was just that i was barely doing any damage to it, after most of my units were wiped out defeating their armies.

Really enjoying it, though i'm a little lost at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

D2D have it? But it's a Steamworks game!
    It seems odd to me too. Sure loads of the digital download services boycotted Modern Warfare 2 because of the integrated Steamworks in MW2.
    Seems very odd that they would have this change of heart. So It does use Steamworks then?

Advertisement