Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

wireless problem

• 18-09-2010 3:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 706 ✭✭✭

i have a problem with my laptop
    it wont see my wireless connection
    when i scan wireless networks i get the other ones in the neighbourhood
    but not mine
    my sons laptop is working fine on the network
    the modem is a netopia 247 NWG
    hoping someone can help
    thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭bhickey

Is your Netopia set to broadcast its wireless SSID? Connect to it via an ethernet cable and go to http://192.168.1.254 to check.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 706 ✭✭✭dolittle

i presume it is as my sons laptop is working normally and can see our wireless network

dolittle wrote: »
    i presume it is as my sons laptop is working normally and can see our wireless network

Once a laptop has connected once and saved the wireless settings then it can reconnect to the wireless network from then on even without the SSID being broadcasted.

So could you just check as opposed to assume?

will do
    back in a mo

yes set to broadcast

• Advertisement

yes set to broadcast

Feck! What operating system are you on? Have you ever connected the laptop to this network before? If you know the SSID and the key details then you might just be able to manually set it up.

the laptop was always working normally on it
    had to disconnect the modem on thursday night
    powered back on my sons laptop working as normal
    but mine wouldnt see our modem , will see others in neighbourhood but not mine
    operating system vista
    when i search for wireless networks the only one it doesnt see is mine

had to disconnect the modem on thursday night

Anything strange in or around that time? Was it misbehaving? When your son scans, does he actually see the network? It could be that he's connected to the Internet via another wireless network and therefore is just assuming that everything's okay.

hes deff connected

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 953 ✭✭✭hearny

Try changing the channel that the router is broadcast on. Its probably on auto Start with 7 test it and move up as far as 13 trying every one along the way. Check that any device you connect will work ok. You may get some interferrence from other routers so you may have to change it again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 953 ✭✭✭hearny

Sorry I forgot to say th option should be on the same page that you checked the ssid settings

will give that a shot

Advertisement