Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Twix Fino

Options
  • 18-09-2010 3:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43,934 ✭✭✭✭

Bought one in my local shop not too long ago.. not tried it yet!

marsTwixFino.jpg

Details here:
    Chocolate giant Mars Inc has launched a "lighter" version of its Twix bar in the UK.

Available from next month, Twix Fino will have a third fewer calories than the standard Twix, while a wafer will replace the biscuit in the original chocolate bar. Twix Fino contains 94 calories per piece.

All I can tell you is it's VERY light in weight... the replacement of biscuit with wafer does make it a helluva lot lighter.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

That sounds very nice actually!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Sounds nicer than it is tbh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Its ok, seemed like they replaced a lot of the toffee centre too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Meh it's a Twix version of Mars Delight really.
    Not impressed, it's so light it's practically empty and very little caramel stuff in the middle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

I didn't bother trying it yet,I've seen a lot of different Twixes out lately(dark,orange etc).I did love the mars delight bars star-pants,haven't had one in aaaages.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Magic Eight Ball

star-pants wrote: »
    Meh it's a Twix version of Mars Delight really.

Agreed. It's like eating air.. unsatisfying!

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Lornen

Mate of mine got one the other day and gave me a bite.
    It is very much like a Mars Delight, but without the good bit in the middle.
    Tastes a bit like cardboard..

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Haven't been eating chocolate lately...but was in boots today and couldn't resist picking one of these up. What a waste of money, I'd have been better off eating air. Tasted of nothing. Was like it just crumbled in my mouth and disappeared.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,730 ✭✭✭sudzs

Tasted of nothing.

Have to disagree with ya, definate taste of dust there! ;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭imitation

Its a diet bar as opposed to a luxury bar really, there main way of bringing down the cals was just to fill it with air and whatever that wafer stuff is.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Falcon Crest

It's rubbish. Give me the real twix anyday! The reason it has less calories is because there's less of it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

sneaky way of getting less bar for your money

• Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭RoryMurphyJnr

long time fan of the twix
    tried the Fino complete rip off

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭branners69

First and last time tonight that I will be having one of these!

What is the point, the biscuit base is one of the major selling points of a normal twix. With the Fino they have taken out the best bit, waste of space!!

Advertisement