Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AICS chassis 1,5

Options
  • 18-09-2010 3:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 766 ✭✭✭

Hi lads

Is there guntraders in Ireland that sells the AICS stocks for a remmy 700,or do you have to import them from uk or the US?
    And what price they will come in at.
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

Hi lads

Is there guntraders in Ireland that sells the AICS stocks for a remmy 700,or do you have to import them from uk or the US?
    And what price they will come in at.
    Thanks

~€700 AFAIK
    very heavy and overpriced IMvHO
    After holding a couple in my hands I've decided no way José!

If you like Timber
    http://www.gunstocksireland.com/

If you like Synthetic
    Try Edi Graef PSE Stocks
    if you want o be able to have a fancy custom stock

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭vixdname

Howya NorwayViking,
    I myself have an AICS 1.5 for my remmy 700, I got it through the supplier listed below.
    Ring them, they usually have all the different colours, and may if your lucky have the AI 10 round mag in stock aswell if its a .223 your shooting.
    Just give them your credit card over the phone and you'll have your stock via courier within 5 working days.
    They're good to deal with aswell and as you'll see from their website they have lots of lovely other AI stuff aswell !!!!

The stock is beautiful to use in conjunction with a decent bipod, it sits perfectly into the shoulder.
    I put a NightForce 5.5-22X56 NXS scope on it not so long ago and the whole kit fits together brilliantly.
    If you think its gonna be a bit heavy, order an AI Biathlon sling when you're ordering the stock, it slings over both shoulders and sit the rifle behind your back leaving both arms free (To carry the .22LR in my case!!!!)

Have a look at the "After market Accessories" section linked on the left side of the page below, some nice accessories.

In short, I love the stock and wouldnt turn back - it cost about €650

Hope this info helps !!!!

http://www.sportingservices.co.uk/aics.asp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 766 ✭✭✭Norwayviking

~€700 AFAIK
    very heavy and overpriced IMvHO
    After holding a couple in my hands I've decided no way José!

If you like Timber
    http://www.gunstocksireland.com/

If you like Synthetic
    Try Edi Graef PSE Stocks
    if you want o be able to have a fancy custom stock

I know tackle they are quite heavy to carry in the field,but its only going to be for targetshooting to start out with,so it will make a better steady base for that purposeicon7.gif

I know tackle they are quite heavy to carry in the field,but its only going to be for targetshooting to start out with,so it will make a better steady base for that purposeicon7.gif

I know of a few TOP class target shooters using this

http://www.stockysstocks.com/servlet/the-108/mcmillan-a5-stock-tactical/Detail

Far better value than and AICS

Hey now your talking.Nice stock.Might take a look at that one.
    Thanks.
    Do you know if anyone have any experience with this stock.
    Its the choate ultimate sniper/target stock,or the tactical stock?

http://www.choatemachinetool.com/

https://secure.riflestock.com/catalog_page.cfm?PCID=1&MID=1&PSCID=151&Lev=S3

• Advertisement

NorwayViking - Can I refer you to the link below - Shipping - It states at the end of the page that they DONT ship outside of the US.
    Perhaps after jumping through hoops for 12 mnths and paying through the teeth for export\import permits you may get it.

I think your original idea is way more realistic

http://www.stockysstocks.com/servlet/the-template/shipping/Page

vixdname wrote: »
    NorwayViking - Can I refer you to the link below - Shipping - It states that they DONT ship outside of the US.
    Perhaps after jumping through hoops for 12 mnths and paying through the teeth for export\import permits you may get it.

I think your original idea is way more realistic

http://www.stockysstocks.com/servlet/the-template/shipping/Page

Yeah that is so true vixdname,cause they have gone very strict on exports from the US in the past few years.
    Thats why i am trying to get it here locally in Ireland or from the UK, or another European country,to avoid the hassle of gettin it from the US.
    The AICS is a good stock though even though its very heavy,but its perfect for just target shooting.
    I have been looking at another stock as well as you see above,but thats also a US import,so i am not sure i will go trough the hassle with it.

Hey now your talking.Nice stock.Might take a look at that one.
    Thanks.
    Do you know if anyone have any experience with this stock.
    Its the choate ultimate sniper/target stock,or the tactical stock?

http://www.choatemachinetool.com/

Most of the guys in the early days went tactical stuff, until they realized that tactical stuff was built with a different design spec in mind (toughness & durability rather than Olympic accuracy)

Remember that the the below Sauer is just a Timber stock painted black!
    S_205_Phantom_2.jpg
    I'm sure Enda Walsh could do a much tastier version of same, made in Waterford to the size and shape of your hand if required

Yeah that is so true vixdname,cause they have gone very strict on exports from the US in the past few years.
    Thats why i am trying to get it here locally in Ireland or from the UK, or another European country,to avoid the hassle of gettin it from the US.
    The AICS is a good stock though even though its very heavy,but its perfect for just target shooting anyway.

By actually having one myself, I can totally vouch for the stock and it capabilities - It is pricey but like everything in the shooting game - You Get What You Pay For.

I put up a snap of my rig up here in a little while for you to have a peek, it might help you make up your mind !!! will post it up within the next 20 mins or so.

By actually having one myself, I can totally vouch for the stock and it capabilities - It is pricey but like everything in the shooting game - You Get What You Pay For.

I put up a snap of my rig up here in a little while for you to have a peek, it might help you make up your mind !!! will post it up within the next 20 mins or so.

thanks vix look forward to see it.

• Advertisement

thanks vix look forward to see it.

Next time you are in Athlone I have a lad who can show you AICS Bell & Carlsom Mcmillian and a few others in the flesh.

Try before you buy ;)

Most of the guys in the early days went tactical stuff, until they realized that tactical stuff was built with a different design spec in mind (toughness & durability rather than Olympic accuracy)

Remember that the the below Sauer is just a Timber stock painted black!
    S_205_Phantom_2.jpg
    I'm sure Enda Walsh could do a much tastier version of same, made in Waterford to the size and shape of your hand if required

I am sure its a top of the range tackle,I have shot mainly sauers in 6,5x55se before in Norway,lovely stock,and probably light enough to carry with you in the field as well.
    I have always been a fan of more tactical looking stocks anyway,and something with thumbhole/pistolgrip,just a habit i have picked up from my time in the army i guess.
    And beeing 6 foot 3" and long arms,i feel more comfortable shooting with a thumbhole/pistolgrip stock.

Next time you are in Athlone I have a lad who can show you AICS Bell & Carlsom Mcmillian and a few others in the flesh.

Try before you buy ;)

Thanks tackle i might come to have a look at it,Griffin said he might get me one to,so have to test it out first.

Thanks tackle i might come to have a look at it,Griffin said he might get me one to,so have to test it out first.

Best advice i could give you, Shop around ;)
    More than one RFD in that catchment area ;)

As promised, heres a few pics:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭BELOWaverageIQ

Hi Norway,
    John Greene in kilmacow has a few in stock.
    I have a spare stage 1.5 but it's spoken for and a stage2.
    Brilliant stocks but way way toooo heavy for anything other than target work.

Hi Norway,

Not true - IF you have permissions on the right kind of land (Hilly) you can very successfully hunt also.

I luckily have permissions on plenty of hilly land.
    I lay a ground sheet down once taking a nice spot of high ground and get my brother to work the lamp while I call in Charlie.
    I'm after plugging dozens of foxes with my AICS.

Obviously Vix,
    I have them on two of my rifles but it would not be the first choice of stock to have strapped across your back whilst your trying to drag deer of the side of a hill.

Hi Norway,

Thanks below,its only going to be for targetshooting first of all,think its to heavy to carry in the field.:D
    The only really hunting i would consider doing with it must be elk hunting.where you are waiting on post,and are in a hunting team.
    Maybe suitable for varmint as vix said though,but not to long of a journey with it on your back.

Not THAT obvious when you make a statement like the above - Wouldn't you agree ?

• Advertisement

Not THAT obvious when you make a statement like the above - Wouldn't you agree ?

Lighten up there boss, no need to get your self upset about it.:rolleyes:

Advertisement