Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

boards.ie MTB spin - roadies welcome ( gauging interest )

• 18-09-2010 3:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 502 ✭✭✭

Hey,

Following on from this thread the idea of a boards.ie MTB spin was floated so I thought I would see if there were enough folks interested and possibly organize something.

Nice and simple just all get together and have a run ride out all levels of skill and fitness welcome not out for savagery. Ideally we would head somewhere reasonably all weather so as not to tear the ground up to much.

I know the board here is mainly bias towards road biking but I'm sure we can source MTB's / pads etc if folks wanted to try their hand on two wheels of a different sort.

Prob Ballinastoe or Ballyhoura depending on what folks were interested in.

Anyway post up if you may be interested, mid October if that suits?

Adrian

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

I'm in! I've barely used my bike since I got it and definitely on for a group spin!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭fenris

sound good!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Lawdie

Yep in for an Nice and simple.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

Pencil me in. More likely if Balinastoe as opposed to Ballyhoura, but could make a weekend of it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

I'm in if its Ballyhoura,was only there today :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭strummer_ie

Pencil me in too :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭thebouldwhacker

I'd be up for Ballyhoura.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭abcdggs

I'd love to give it a go, would you say there's much opportunity to rent/borrow a MTB though as i've only a road and FG Bike

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 502 ✭✭✭adrianshanahan

abcdggs wrote: »
    I'd love to give it a go, would you say there's much opportunity to rent/borrow a MTB though as i've only a road and FG Bike

I will sort out a killer rental deal for anyone who needs it, I know the guys at Ballyhoura charge €45 for the day, I'm sure I can get something for half that with newer bikes.

Adrian

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭c montgomery

I will sort out a killer rental deal for anyone who needs it, I know the guys at Ballyhoura charge €45 for the day, I'm sure I can get something for half that with newer bikes.

Adrian

I think they charge 40 for a full day on weekends, 25 for a half day and 35 for a full day midweek.

They sell all their bikes after 25 rentals so none of their bikes are old.

http://www.trailriders.ie/ is their website if anyone want to check them out.

Rented before from them and their sound:)

+1 for a spin in ballyhouras

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭abcdggs

Adrian
    That would be very much appreciated, getting to like mtbing could be incredibly detrimental to my bank balance though.

I think they charge 40 for a full day on weekends, 25 for a half day and 35 for a full day midweek.

They sell all their bikes after 25 rentals so none of their bikes are old.

http://www.trailriders.ie/ is their website if anyone want to check them out.

Rented before from them and their sound:)

+1 for a spin in ballyhouras

Sorry dude,

I wasn't aware of all the facts, either way we will try sort out the best deal for those who don't have their own bikes etc

And make it as fun and inclusive as possible for everyone.

A

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

I'd go for Ballinastoe if the pace was suitably slow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 197 ✭✭novarapid

be on for Ballyhoura

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

I'd try to make it if ye were at Ballyhoura. Maybe there could be a ballyhoura and ballinastoe cycle???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Ballyhoura's a bit of a trip just for a day spin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Vélo

I think 2 spins could be organised. We did this last year, about 10 of us headed to Ballinastoe. We even went to Johnnie Foxes after for a bite to eat. We looked great going in cover in muck and some even wearoing lycra!

Lumen even did it (most of it) on a cross bike.

3244806056_ebd4ba7540.jpg?v=0

I'd be on for Ballinastoe and I know someone else who might also, it just depends when it's on. Kids are now back playing hurling and rugby!

I'm taking Friday off, so I'm dedicating that day that sprucing up the MTB.

Organise a spin for early October?

Hey,

Are Saturdays or Sundays better for most folks?

Adrian

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

Hey,

Adrian
    six a one, half dozen of the other for me.
    IE murphys law will apply equally to both, no matter when you fix it for, somehow a "life or death":rolleyes: task will be forced on me on that day.

• Advertisement

Hey,

Adrian
    Most people here seem to go out on spins on Saturdays, but it seems to be very 50:50. It all depends on which night is your drinking night :D

Ok Folks,

Details are up HERE

Adrian

Advertisement