Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

good cooler for a i7 930?

Options
  • 18-09-2010 3:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭

hey guys im after building my first build and it has an i7 930 in it and im looking at eventually overclocking it could ye recommend me a good affordable (and hopefully easy enough to install) cpu cooler motherboard is a gigabyte UD3R if that helps

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

H50 or NH-D14.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

thanks the NH looks nice

If my V8 is anything to go by, the D14 is massive!

The H50 I think performs slightly better or worse, can't remember, either way it's cheaper (last I checked).

well i have a haf 922 and its massive so i should be able to fit it (my ocz ram is also fairly small) tbh im happy i didnt go with the 932 as i wouldnt be able to fit it anyplace :)

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Carne

I have the same motherboard and got myself a Noctua NH-U12P SE2 cooler and had no problem with installation and it performs great too.

• Advertisement

the superior D14 is about €10 more on Amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Carne

The D14 is a better cooler but it's huge and I'm not certain if it will fit inside his case.

He has a 922, my V8 has plenty of space :)

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Scorpion venom

h50 or h70 :) :P

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

He has a 922, my V8 has plenty of space :)

Your V8 is an obese midi-tower cooler; by comparison the D14 is a maxi-tower cooler that makes your V8 look like Baby's First Heatsink :pac:

• Advertisement

so i take it the d14 is good :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

so i take it the d14 is good :D
    im a true believe,r of if ya want to know if something will work with your build just google NH-D14 haf 922 , then you will see other people,s builds .then you will see if you have to cut the case or not .im still a noob and i always think with these guy,s that are mega builder,s i alway,s will be lol but serious,ly google is your friend hope this does,nt sound bad but i,m pist wrighting it and it,s worked 4 me in the past and i,v built a couple of nice pc,s now to know

google is probably the greatest site ever created :) ive learned so much from it (probably more than i ever learned in school), anyway from what ive read it will fit in, also seen a few videos of it in the case anyway isnt the 922 meant to be actually wider than the 932? if so it would definitely fit it

Advertisement