Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disposing of a broken microwave oven

Options
  • 18-09-2010 3:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭

We had to replace our microwave a few days back. Is there somewhere in South/South-West Dublin we can safely dispose of the old one?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

stovelid wrote: »
    We had to replace our microwave a few days back. Is there somewhere in South/South-West Dublin we can safely dispose of the old one?

Thanks in advance.

There is a list of places here http://www.dublinwaste.ie/question_10.html

Ballymount is where we ditched out electrical stuff last year if I recall.

Shouldn't the place you bought the new microwave have taken the old one? That's what you are paying the prf for I would have thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Fogra

Thanks in advance.

Did you buy it in an electrical store? If so, they are obliged to take your old one as you pay a prf charge on the new one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

My wife bought the new one and didn't bring the old one in unfortunately. I'm not sure if they would accept the old one now.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,249 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Powercity usually take stuff anytime without asking for purchase details

Free to dispose of in Ballyogan and probably other recycling centres

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Any recycling yard must take this stuff FOC, if they try to charge you quote WEEE as this charge is incorporated in the purchase. I have left computer cases with all the guts removed without any problems.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

My wife bought the new one and didn't bring the old one in unfortunately. I'm not sure if they would accept the old one now.

If you still have the receipt, I'd say you could bring it back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Sorry to bump this up but just to let people know who might need to do the same thing: as people helpfully suggested here, I brought it down down to the recycling centre in Ballymount and was able to dispose of it for free.

Advertisement