Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Does Ireland have any Nuclear missiles? And how many fighter jets do we have left?

• 18-09-2010 5:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭

just wondering Does ireland have any nuclear missiles?? and how many fighter jets do we have ive heard we have 3 but two are broking i think?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭laugh

RobitTV wrote: »
    just wondering Does ireland have any nuclear missiles?? and how many fighter jets do we have ive heard we have 3 but two are broking i think?

Are you having a laugh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭Liber8or

Epic thread. Potential rising...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭Agent J

The sheer horror of even thinking of this government with nuclear launch capabilty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

We've no nuclear missiles. Just nuclear subs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

We cannot even build an incinerator because of a bunch of old women living nearby and you think we have fighter jets and nuclear missiles.

OMFG!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

haha!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Superbus

Shhhhh... it's a secret.

North Korea won't know what's hit 'em.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭ILA

No nukes
    No jets anymore

We used to have a few Fouga Magisters that were bought from the French but they were sold on again and now we have a few propeller driven, missile equipped PC-9s.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Just a nuclear government that are on the brink of blowing up the whole country

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭themadchef

We make tea, not war.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

We have a rubber dinghy for a navy, a few lads armed with hurleys for our military, a Cessna 2 seater aeroplane from the 60's for our air defence and you're asking if you have nuclear weapons?

Are you having a laugh?

The Faroe Islands could invade us tomorrow - That's how shíte our defence is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,456 ✭✭✭Riddle101

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

I seriously doubt Ireland has nuclear weapons. It would take a lot of money and resources to do such a thing, which we don't have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

Nah we only have old non transparent missiles.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

We have 10 choppers
    A trained melee dog
    An inflatable boat
    And 3 handguns

We're totally ready for the US invasion

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭MarcusFenix

....ha:D:pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

no, dont get it, whats the punch line again?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭PeterIanStaker

The only nuclear things we have are the farts that came out of Cowen the morning after the shindig in Galway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Our police force have sticks and harsh language to keep criminals at bay, and you think we have nuclear warheads?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

what with Shannon full of american troops and the Irish sea filled with Brittish submarines we've no room left.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

krudler wrote: »
    Our police force have sticks and harsh language to keep criminals at bay

as well as the ERU and the RSU who are armed........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

as well as the ERU and the RSU who are armed........

Yeah but they're not regular police, they're super police

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

OP seriously! Where have you been all this time? We haven't got one plane capable of breaking the sound barrier. No nuclear weapons I'm afraid, but give me a scatter of Guinness and a nice curry and I can go 'nuclear' with devastating effect.

krudler wrote: »
    Yeah but they're not regular police, they're super police

Ah,forgot about that! Kinda like batman!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

When a country can count me within its ranks it doesn't need nuc's.

Well maybe one, so I can allow Chuck Norris to escape.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭Johnny Utah

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭chughes

Mods, this thread is in the wrong forum. It should be over in the Xbox forum. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭stooodent

what would wille o dea do with ICBMs...

stooodent wrote: »

Not much I would suspect since he doesnt hold any office which relates to the use of ICBMs!

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭areu4real?

just wondering Does ireland have any nuclear missiles??

I don't really need to say anything, I picked this username for posts like that

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

stooodent wrote: »

Plant them in a local SF office and then leak it to the press.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Do we have any army helicopters at all?

Tried to google it before and well i think the answer is no. So to ferry troops around, we have to use the roads.:eek:

gurramok wrote: »

Tried to google it before and well i think the answer is no. So to ferry troops around, we have to use the roads.:eek:

The army use the Air Corps choppers for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭PCros

gurramok wrote: »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Modern_vehicles_of_the_Irish_Army

and we have 8 boats...yey!

We are neutral after all.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,654 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

I think we have one nuclear missile left. its stored in Thomastown in Kilkenny next to St. Nicholas' crypt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Jaafa

A lot of people seem to underestimate the army. At least our special forces are one of the best in the world. Our snipers are third in the world after the US and Canada.

Our army is more than capable for our needs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Revolution9

Who needs Nukes when we have this man?

bigwillie.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 882 ✭✭✭darragh16

Is it true that when the IRA were decominssioning they handed over a surface to air missile?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

http://www.na-ireland.org/

Seriously....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

This is the cutting edge technology of the Irish air 'force'.

Jaafa wrote: »
    A lot of people seem to underestimate the army. At least our special forces are one of the best in the world. Our snipers are third in the world after the US and Canada.

Link, source?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭kirving

This is the cutting edge technology of the Irish air 'force'.

They're called the "Irish Air Corps", at least get the name right if you're gonna slag them off. Thet're more than adequate for our needs. How much does it cost to keeps a Eurofighter Typhoon in the air for an hour would you guess?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Poccington

PCros wrote: »
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Modern_vehicles_of_the_Irish_Army

and we have 8 boats...yey!

We are neutral after all.

No we're not.

They're called the "Irish Air Corps", at least get the name right if you're gonna slag them off. Thet're more than adequate for our needs. How much does it cost to keeps a Eurofighter Typhoon in the air for an hour would you guess?

I know this, didn't I provide a link to a video that mentions the Irish air corp.

Poccington wrote: »
    No we're not.

What international conflicts are we not neutral to (apart from northern Ireland).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Poccington

What international conflicts are we not neutral to (apart from northern Ireland).

The current conflict in Afghanistan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

Okay - All those in favour of allowing the OP to re reg ... The shame! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,659 ✭✭✭Chaotic_Forces

dlofnep wrote: »
    We have a rubber dinghy for a navy, a few lads armed with hurleys for our military, a Cessna 2 seater aeroplane from the 60's for our air defence and you're asking if you have nuclear weapons?

Are you having a laugh?

The Faroe Islands could invade us tomorrow - That's how shíte our defence is.

A bunch of fellas with hurleys are much better than prissy men learning how to do squats in the showers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

When a country can count me within its ranks it doesn't need nuc's.

Well maybe one, so I can allow Chuck Norris to escape.

Eliezer White Squeamishness's response to terror cell leaders:

Fitting punishment - meet me for a one on one training session, and this is for real. I'd start by breaking an elbow, then a slow knee bar to shatter first one, then the other knee. I might consider smashing the other elbow then, noth sure what method I'd use, but I have a few in my arsenal.

Then I'd break for lunch, but leave my son to practice his Judo too - a few collar chokes maybe.

Next day I'd consider smashing the fvckers spine, just the lower part. I would't want to risk killing him at this early stage.

Then I'd get my mate Tony (he's gay and a sadistic bastard) to armed himself with his biggest and nastiest double-end and ruin the guys intestines.

Third day, I'd strangle him with my bare hands and while watching his life ebb I'd invite him to pray with me for Gods forgiveness, but kill him before prayers end.

In a final fitting tribute I'd post a photo of him and I in the Nerds pix thread on this forum and you'll all applaud me fine work.

Amen.

:eek::D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭foxinsox

Jaafa wrote: »

Our army is more than capable for our needs.

The special forces and snipers must be extra extra super duper secretive special forces and undercover snipers..

never even realised we had any! :eek:

EDIT :

I wrote this after 12 hour shift at work.... I was thinking of the defence of Ireland, brain had shut down and wasn't thinking of army abroad....UN troops and EUFOR stuff...

I'm not a complete bimbo was just very tired! ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Merch

ILA wrote: »
    No nukes
    No jets anymore

We used to have a few Fouga Magisters that were bought from the French but they were sold on again and now we have a few propeller driven, missile equipped PC-9s.

I think they would probably be unguided rockets
    unless they actually have some kind of guided weapons which I doubt

• Advertisement
Advertisement