Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Motor Tax on line

• 18-09-2010 5:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Thought it might be interesting to see how people are getting on with taxing campers.
    I've just taxed mine on line, in Mayo, in exactly the same way as a car.
    No mention of test but I did have mine D.O.E.'d earlier in the year for my own peace of mind, but I did not pay extra to get the final cert. from tax office (as far as I'm concerned the pass sheet from the garage is good enough). Perhaps, having had a test, this is why I could tax it ?.

Other people's experience will be interesting.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 124 ✭✭salamander27

I taxed mine online as usual. No DOE done. None asked for. Local office is Galway.
    I'm beginning to think this whole DOE for campers was born out the DOE centres asking the RSA for guidance on how to test a camper because Dolmen started asking people with vans over 15 years old to get a DOE done.
    There has been no legislative changes to require the DOE to be done on campers, but I think i'll keep on top of the maintenance just in case there is one coming down the line!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

We just got our renewal for Motor Tax for the motorhome in the post. Same as usual - 88 Euro. Nothing about DOE's or anything like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭dfbemt

Same here. All done and no probs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Macspower

done and dusted no problems no test

was actually stopped at a tax and insurance checkpoint at the weekend and he just look at the the discs and waved me through

Advertisement