Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Great Heath 10km Run

• 18-09-2010 5:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭

Anybody doing this, its on 28th of November, whats the projected route like??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭DustyBin

Have you got a link?
    What part of the country is it in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

Sorry i'm new to this, dunno how to create a link. Its on the Run Ireland website on the events page and its in Laois.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 dunkelgrun

Here's the link to what looks like a fairly flat course
    http://www.mapmyrun.com/view_route?r=571128437266738384

Link to RunIreland
    http://www.runireland.com/events/great-heath-10k-run

Thanks Dunkelgrun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

30 with a t shirt..................25 without.............................:rolleyes:

10KM in Portarlington this weekend and 15 euro with chipped timing.

I live in Laois and 25 is a complete joke of a price for a 10KM.

• Advertisement

30 euro with t shirt is bit steep alright, dunno if there offering chip timing for the race.

Well as i said Portarlington this weekend is 15 with chipped time.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 gislegend

The Heath 10k is chipped. You get tshirt, medal and goodie bag for the 30e. You'll find most races are around the 25e mark. The course is far more scenic than the Portarlington one which is basically just around town roads.

So 15 for a medal, t shirt and "goodie bag" i'd rather pay 15 just run.

I have loads of t shirts etc. Its a good option to have a cheaper entery without the above for those who run fairly often and aren't interested in t shirts and goodie bags. They just want a well run properly measured course !

As i said Waterford half is 22 with no goodie bags etc and is very popular because its cheap and very well run ( excuse the pun )

Just my 5 cent..............

Ok Elvis hope ur 10k in Portarlington went well. Your more than welcome to come over and compete in our event. There's 1st, 2nd and 3rd place prizes in male and female categories (100e voucher Colgans 1st). Also a unique medal on completion plus refreshments in the clubhouse afterwards. Dressing rooms and showers will also be made available to athletes. The t-shirt is optional and you can choose your own charity for sponsorship cards. You can either register through Run Ireland or take an application form through race organisers. The run is enjoyable and challenging, with no major climbs to speak of. Ran it myself the other day and looking forward to giving it a good rattle on the day.:)

• Advertisement

gislegend wrote: »
    Ok Elvis hope ur 10k in Portarlington went well. Your more than welcome to come over and compete in our event. There's 1st, 2nd and 3rd place prizes in male and female categories (100e voucher Colgans 1st). Also a unique medal on completion plus refreshments in the clubhouse afterwards. Dressing rooms and showers will also be made available to athletes. The t-shirt is optional and you can choose your own charity for sponsorship cards. You can either register through Run Ireland or take an application form through race organisers. The run is enjoyable and challenging, with no major climbs to speak of. Ran it myself the other day and looking forward to giving it a good rattle on the day.:)

Only back on the road from 8 week injury layoff and ran the distance on Thurs so didn't want to push it too hard and do it again within 3 days ( time disgusted me as well:D )

Just wondering will the distance be certified by AI ?

Optional t shirt is a good move BUT still pricey at 25...........one in Marley Park in Dublin on Nov 28th and its 15 with a medal. As i said with the climate we live in a there are a number of races and different prices are there for all to see.

But good luck with it and if it doesn't clash with training for Waterford i'll more than likely do it.

Ha ha I'm fairly sure you'd burn 10e worth of petrol driving to Marley park mate. Anyway price is what it is. AI certified? Must check that out. I'm in the surveying business so I'm fairly sure I've the measurements spot on:D. Hope to see you there fighting fit.

Ha ha I'm fairly sure you'd burn 10e worth of petrol driving to Marley park mate. Anyway price is what it is. AI certified? Must check that out. I'm in the surveying business so I'm fairly sure I've the measurements spot on:D. Hope to see you there fighting fit.

I actually have an annual train ticket so my 10 quid would be in my pocket............

I'm just wondering what is the justification for the high price ?

I mean have Athletics Ireland measured it and signed off on the distance being 10KM.

No point having a fundraiser if you can't raise funds. Enjoy the race:rolleyes:

No point having a fundraiser if you can't raise funds. Enjoy the race:rolleyes:

All i'm saying is you'll get a lot more people at 15/20 then 25/30. As said i can do a half marathon for cheaper than you no t shirt price.

Also recent 10KM in Portlaoise & Portarlington were both 15 euro. The Heath hasn't 10 euro worth of senic beauty;)

• Registered Users Posts: 13 seanryano

<seanryano given a warning for pimping- mod>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭ronnie085

Any coarse map for this race, thinking bout headin down????

Here is the link:

http://www.mapmyrun.com/view_route?r=571128437266738384

Regards,

Sean Ryan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭scargill

Is there a closing date for entry for this event? Can I just turn up on the day?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭BeanFlicker

scargill wrote: »
    Is there a closing date for entry for this event? Can I just turn up on the day?

+1

also what numbers would ye be expecting at it.?

• Advertisement

Yeah you can register on the day between 9.45 to 10.30.

Just signed up, looks like flat coarse and correctly measured hopefully :rolleyes:,going to give PB a battering here :D before the end of year review, flying in training since DCM. Using it as a tester before Waterford to hopefully update my half PB too, although that not as soft as my 10K

is it still on with all this snow and ice?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

ronnie085 wrote: »
    is it still on with all this snow and ice?

No I got a text from the organisers saying it is postponed until the 12th December.

The Great Heath 10k run takes place on the 12th of December at 11:00am from the GAA clubhouse. The race was postponed last week due to adverse weather conditions. All participants will receive a goodie bag and a medal on completion of the course. Prizes will be awarded to 1st, 2nd and 3rd placed Ladies and Gents. You can enter on the day, by filling in an application form available from club members or on the internet at http://www.runireland.com/events/great-heath-10k-run

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭runnerboy

just wondering is this race going to be held this weekend, i havent entered online in case it doesnt. god knows when it will be on if it is cancelled. i am mad for any race anywhere at the moment, so hopefully it does go ahead. anyone any info if it is going ahead

Dear Runner,

The Great Heath 10k Committee along with the civil authority will do an inspection at 11am tomorrow morning of the 10k route. From which a decision will be made whether the race will take place on Sunday the 12th of December.

Regards,

The Great Heath 10k Committee

Dear Runner,

Despite a promised thaw in the cold weather we regret to inform that the Great Heath 10k run will be postponed until the 30th of January 2011 at 11:00 am. The committee were going to give it a day to check conditions but the reality is sheltered parts of the route simply will not thaw in time. We also had to consider that it's a busy time of year for people and we have to give fair notice. The weather conditions have hampered all training plans and the new date will give people a chance to get back training after xmas. All runners who registered online are automatically registered for the new date. We the committee would like to thank all runners for their patience and look forward to seeing them in the new year for what will be a terrific race.

Regards,

The Great Heath 10k Committee

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 452 ✭✭NEDDURC

Have signed up for this. I know it's abit dear but not too far from where I live and want to keep up some momentum this year after the Aware 10k on Saturday. Ran 53mins then so aiming maybe below 50 if I can train abit this week and weather is decent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭BeanFlicker

is it still good to pay on the day?

Sure is.....

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭deisecelt

Good run, me first too. Is there pics of it online?

Will be yes. Just getting them in today and we'll edit. We got plenty of finish line pic's. We'll send out another email once ready.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 452 ✭✭NEDDURC

I enjoyed this run, weather was pretty good and course was relatively flat. Ran it in 50mins which is 3mins better than the Aware 10k two weeks previous so am happy with that.

Advertisement