Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Council rehousing familes in Co Clare

• 18-09-2010 5:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭

Why is this happening ?

1st of all its not a "Limerick Scumbag" thread as i dont know who the families
    are, but apparently a lot of the new council built houses and respond houses
    in Shannon and the surrounding areas are and will be given to Limerick families
    who are to be re-housed instead of clare based ones, are there back handers
    being given across the "border" or is this a common practice :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Carry

There is a border between Limerick and Clare? :confused:

I think that I was lucky that I escaped border controls and customs when smuggling stuff from Limerick to Clare...
    But then there is such a large smuggling operation between Clare and Limerick City that customs probably gave up.

Also, I hope very much that all the Clare people working in Limerick have work permits. And anyway, where will it all end with all those immigrants from Clare taking the jobs away from the good Limerick people?

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Same in Tipp

Lots of families from Limerick rehoused in Newport and Tipp Town which are not far from the county border

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭el dude

Empty house next to use, think it's been sold to the council. Hoping to **** we don;t get some scumbag Limerick family moved in.

Why these scumbags, who have to be removed from one place, only to then be given a new house, a new neighbourhood to terrorise, and make peoples lives a misery.... i do not know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Carry

You are all very parochial.
    Why should Limerick people be more undesirable than Clare people?

Scumbags are everywhere, even in the pastures of Clare with farmers who live here for at least 400 years.

Your arguments, lads, are of the not-in-my-backyard-and-only-my first-cousins-variety. What does it say about you? Did you ever live outside your own parish?

Ireland of the thousands welcome? Only if you are a tourist, pay and leave. If you're lucky.

Give those people, who are moving to Clare, whoever they are, a chance - for sugars sake!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭CptSternn

Its a good idea.

If you take a problem family out of an area where they are acting out, you remove them from the situation and both sides will calm down.

Once put into a new environment, there is a good chance without the same environmental stimuli around that they will not behave in the same manner.

If they do choose to follow down the same path, the good news is, Co. Clare are much better at handling these situations compared to Limerick. We have more Gardai with lots of free-time who can sort them out, compared to the usually quite busy force in Limerick.

Lets also not forget about the courts here in Clare. They are way less lenient compared to those in Limerick. Especially if they find out you were moved to Clare because of problems and you continued to cause problems once removed. I've had to sit through court in Ennis, Limerick, and in Dublin and these days you will find Clare is much more harsh went it comes down to sentencing comparatively.

• Advertisement
Advertisement