Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ticketmaster

Options
  • 18-09-2010 5:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Sorry if in the wrong forum, but is anyone else having problems with www.ticketmaster.ie? I need to buy tickets to a gig and trust my luck for there to be problems when I need it. :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

What sort of problems are you having?

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

Sometimes you can't purchase tickets when their system is down for matanence, they usually do this at night,

If thats the problem your having,

My question about Ticketmaster is, why the hell can they not put up when an event is sold out??! Beside every event it says, find tickets, why not mark the sold out events, as SOLD OUT! It is a bit of a pain to have to go in and seach to see if there are tickets left, anyone know why they don't do this? :confused:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

My question about Ticketmaster is, why the hell can they not put up when an event is sold out??! Beside every event it says, find tickets, why not mark the sold out events, as SOLD OUT! It is a bit of a pain to have to go in and seach to see if there are tickets left, anyone know why they don't do this? :confused:

For alot of gigs, tickets come back on sale. I've gotten good tickets for 'sold out gigs' days before the show. It's to do with credit card orders being cancelled and tickets held for guest lists/corporate lists etc being given back.

People on boards got Row B tickets for Joanna Newsome last week. A friend of mine got a single Arcade Fire ticket as well the week before last...

• Registered Users Posts: 36 maccy

Sorry should have said what the problem was. I am getting a 403 error, "You don't have permission to access / on this server." It's not just my computer it's others in the house as well. I can access ticketmaster.com but when then when I try and redirect to Ireland I get the error. Sad times.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

Issue may be your browser. Not sure what your using but I know Opera was broken for several months in regards to TM. I think they only test with IE and they use some fairly fancy non standard code so other browsers can have an issue. Site is definitely working at the moment.

Regards the sold out thing alot of the time there can be reserved tickets in the system. This is typically for things like wheelchair accessible tickets. Until they are all gone the website won't tag the event as sold out.

The other thing is as Lordgoat mentioned where tickets which had previously been tagged as reserved, typically on artists/promoter instructions but on occasion due to being hung up on credit card reservations, become available. I got tickets for the infamous Arcade Fire Olympia gig on the day of performance from Ticketmaster. Whenever it hasn't totally shut down the option of searching for tickets it is still possible to get tickets... you might just have to have a bit of karma on your side.

• Advertisement
Advertisement