Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking around O'Connor Park - Rant!

Options
  • 18-09-2010 5:56pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,313 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Some of the Parking near the stadium is crazy!

The only controls in place seems to be a few bollards outside the stadium.

But they way some people park is a serious health hazard. They park on the path leaving no room for people to walk on the path, Park in a way that blocks the view for people trying to drive onto the main road. Parking outside people's houses - in some cases blocking drive ways.

I know that parking facilities are scarce and people have to park somewhere but I wish people could display some thought and just think, Will my car be a hazard here? If the answer is yes just park a little further away.

Rant Over!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Thank you! Some people are so ignorant! We were passing O'Connor Park a few weeks ago when a match was on - needless to say there were cars parked all up along both sides of the road, on the path. We even saw a man struggling to get a buggy past the cars- luckily there was just enough room but imagine if he had to go out on the (usually busy) road? :( There seem to be a few cones thrown here and there, but as you said there is no real control!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭Dusty87

lizt wrote: »
    T! We even saw a man struggling to get a buggy past the cars- luckily there was just enough room but imagine if he had to go out on the (usually busy) road? :(

If it was an underage match it was probably me:p
    Or any other person with a buggy for that matter. Tis cat in places alright

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭Storminateacup

Parking around the stadium shouldn't be allowed. Tullamore is a fairly small town, easy to get around. There's enough parking around the town, and O'Connor Park isnt a hundred miles walk, in fairness.

Couple of clamps, or parking tickets, ect.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Cherrycola

I agree, whatever match was on over the weekend(or was it last week? anyway..) the parking was all over the place!
    As i was driving into town, some poor woman was trying to exit from the health board car park(which wasnt even full yet everyone was parked on the roadside! :rolleyes:) and she had to nearly drive the car out completely onto the road so she could get a clear view, madness and an accident waiting to happen. I could barely see her coming out either cos of the cars packed around the entrance

Why not level that shell of a hospital on the bypass and make a huge carpark for the stadium! Doesnt that road lead up through Puttaghaun?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭Storminateacup

Yeah that "hospital" would be way out by puttaghan, nearly on the ballydaly/tinnycross road. Not sure if it would be a good carpark though.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭TomTom

I was at the match at the weekend and parking was bloody crazy. I had a buggy with me and had to park a fair bit from the stadium and walk the road most of the way up as footpaths were either completly blocked or water had pooled up a fair bit. I left after the first match and the place was worse. When I pulled out two cars tried for the place at the same time, like a pair of dogs going to see who gave in first. Might add that both cars only had one person in them, male about mid forties. both looked like they would be well able for the walk up from texas carparl

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭Dusty87

TomTom wrote: »
    both looked like they would be well able for the walk up from texas carparl

No, you see, that would be using the head.

Advertisement