Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unstable Angina - Heart Dissease

Options
  • 18-09-2010 7:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭

my father has it, how does it effect those on here who has it?

he is a pessimest generally and shy's away from doing stuff anyway over the years one day he is practically running up the stairs, another he goes much slower in a plodding kind of way, but yet its not the angina directly responsible for it :confused:

he's had days when he gets it for no reason according to him, and will spend the day in bed.

He's always saying "doctors say I must be doing something right"
    and he uses this as a justification to carry on living a miserable quality of life. Yes you making his stats look great dad, but your..

He seems to think that because he is 'lasting' this long that it justifies living an extremely cautious life and a quantity of life rather than a quality of life thing. If it was me Id rather enjoy the years I had [quality] rather than survive for much longer with a miserable existence [quantity]

how do those with the same condition treat themselves? do you enjoy what you can and leave the rest up to fate or the other way?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

Unstable angina can strike at any time mine liked to wake me up in the middle of the night,you would think your end was nigh.medication will control the angina,you need to do things at a steady speed,no rushing about.Its takes a while to get your head around it.

Advertisement