Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bogwood and Ph levels

Options
  • 18-09-2010 7:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭

Has anyone notice a drop to normal good levels of Ph and nitrates when they add bogwood to their tank?
    I was told that bogwood will help keep your tank water at a safe Ph level without the need to water change as often and it cuts back the amount of chemical drops you add to the water.
    Anyone notice this or is this the norm?

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Bogwood chances PH levels. I think it lowers them. Doesn't do much else. What PH level is safe depends on type of fish

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭Fishyfreak

It will lower PH slightly for a few months. After a while it will waste and have no effect.

You still need to do regular water changes, regardless of how much bogwood. Whoever told you that is talking cr*p.

Please God stop adjusting your PH with chemicals, disaster waiting to happen. Fish need stability. Google "Ph shock".

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭skipz

Yeah i thought as much. Cheers for the advice;)

Advertisement