Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

reardens bouncers...

Options
  • 18-09-2010 8:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭

is it just me or are these bouncers the biggest **** in the city (two of them in particular..!).

last night I was turned away from the place for about the 6th time.. ffs. quite obvious they have a thing against me, I think I got in there once in the last year. It was pretty clear I was as sober as the pope when I walked in there last night and go past one bouncer but the second said I was drinking and usual sober crap so I walked out.

My mates inside came out and when they tried to reason with him they were also turned away, crazy ****! we ended up going elsewhere.

my dutch friend was turned back about a month ago by one of the same n0b head bouncers, what a joke. last time i'm setting foot in that place, making a fool of themselves tbh. i was perfectly presentable and sober, not like I traveled from south hill or anything.

tbh, I did slag one of the about a month ago when i was walking home, (still sober!), so he could see i was not even drunk, i guess he passed the word to his inbred friend about me. about 1 or 2 of them are ok, but I have eyed 2 of them as utter dogs.

have no problem getting in anywhere else, that is all..!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

is it just me or are these bouncers the biggest **** in the city (two of them in particular..!).

last night I was turned away from the place for about the 6th time.. ffs. quite obvious they have a thing against me, I think I got in there once in the last year. It was pretty clear I was as sober as the pope when I walked in there last night and go past one bouncer but the second said I was drinking and usual sober crap so I walked out.

My mates inside came out and when they tried to reason with him they were also turned away, crazy ****! we ended up going elsewhere.

my dutch friend was turned back about a month ago by one of the same n0b head bouncers, what a joke. last time i'm setting foot in that place, making a fool of themselves tbh. i was perfectly presentable and sober, not like I traveled from south hill or anything.

tbh, I did slag one of the about a month ago when i was walking home, (still sober!), so he could see i was not even drunk, i guess he passed the word to his inbred friend about me. about 1 or 2 of them are ok, but I have eyed 2 of them as utter dogs.

A ha I knew there was a reason for this...:p:p

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056035687

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

-Corkie- wrote: »
    A ha I knew there was a reason for this...:p:p

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056035687

lol, not really. whats so bad about feeling bad about that crash, he was a great video game designer

lol, not really. whats so bad about feeling bad about that crash, he was a great video game designer

I couldnt resist lad when I seen this thread..:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

I couldnt resist lad when I seen this thread..:D:D:D

ah, I know what ya mean but that had nothing to do with it, besides I am well used to getting turned away from there by now, i sent a text to the lads inside before i went in and said I probably wont be allowed in just in case..!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Honestly? I've found the lads there fine. I've never had trouble with any bouncers in any club in Cork. I don't understand how people do get in trouble, unless they look very young, and then it's understandable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,563 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

It may be time to go somewhere else on a night out. Preferably somewhere less ****.....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

The bouncers at the Cattle Mart are well known dipsticks, its a requirement of employment, as has been posted find a better class of establishment for your nights out on the town.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I was dragged to Reardens one night, and I despise the place. As I walked to the door, the bouncer stopped me and said "How're you doing? Feeling thirsty?". I glared at him and replied witheringly "Not even remotely". He looked really surprised and just stepped back to let me in :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭Nukem

Every time I am dragged (by the missus) there I pray for the bouncers to refuse me so I dont have to go into that shunting yard:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

I've not had a problem with them. I'm not in there often, but if I am, it's just a matter of walking up, saying hello, and walking in. no bother.

• Advertisement

There is no way I would go near it on a night out in the city. Fcuk that paying to get into a place to fight your way to the bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Seriously, WHY are you trying to go in there after so many refusals? It may be there fault the first 2/3 times for being dicks, but at a certain point it's you.

I have never been there and will not go there, too crowded and there are far nicer bars with far cooler people in this city.

Do they have a cover charge?

Unless it's a proper night club, I won't pay in, for your 10 euro or whatever, you get the privilage of paying to check your coat, fighting a few hundred people to get to a bar that only serves pissy drink, try to talk to people over the sound of music which is played with the bass pumped up at around 130 Db. Is it really worth it? And to top it all off, the crowd is kinda sucky. And to top it off, rude bouncers, possibly rude barstaff?

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭ddubs

Never had a problem with them myself, I however second the argument for it being a complete dump. On top of that they serve without a doubt the worst pint iv ever had in cork. I get coaxed in there quite often and by god bottles are the only way to go. Avoid at all costs..

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭scuby

they are knobs to be honest... out of all the places i've been in cork over last 15 years.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭bladebrew

im sure i have mentioned it before but they refused my garda age card in there before, i was stunned, they only accept full driving licence or passport, it was the middle of the afternoon, so no bouncers but with barstaff like that who needs them:)

bladebrew wrote: »
    im sure i have mentioned it before but they refused my garda age card in there before, i was stunned, they only accept full driving licence or passport, it was the middle of the afternoon, so no bouncers but with barstaff like that who needs them:)

If they asked me for id I would be clean delighted.....:o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭bladebrew

If they asked me for id I would be clean delighted.....:o

:D:D i should add i was 19 at the time, at 25 now i doubt i would be asked!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭themonboys

99.9% of all Cork bouncers are like

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭castie

Locking this.

Ive said before this forum isnt for people to air grievances against security or establishments.

x in the city consider this a warning

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement