Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ATM eating money

Options
  • 18-09-2010 9:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Hi, I tried to take out money from an atm, i entered in my password and the amount i wanted to withdraw , got my card back, and was awaiting money to come out, but none did? .I checked my online account and the money was withdrawn

Anybody ever have a similar experience?

Could someone have tampered with the atm machine?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

What happened me once , is that when the slot opened to release the money , my 5 year old daughter put her fingers into the slot ,a nd suddenly the money reversed and returned to where it came from.

My account was automatically creditted again some hours later .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Zen65

Phone the bank immediately, tell them the details including time of day etc. The ATM's are monitored by cameras so they should be able to see that the cash did not come out.

I've heard similar stories and they always end up with the cash being credited to the account again, so don't panic.

Z

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Merch

Blanc wrote: »
    Hi, I tried to take out money from an atm, i entered in my password and the amount i wanted to withdraw , got my card back, and was awaiting money to come out, but none did? .I checked my online account and the money was withdrawn

Anybody ever have a similar experience?

Could someone have tampered with the atm machine?

This happened me recently, the banks are stuck for money you know :D
    But it did happen and the money was then credited back to my account, keep an eye online and follow up with your bank either way.
    It did tell me there was an error but also money was deducted from my account
    which banks atm? I have always kept a close eye on accounts but am monitoring all transactions with more detail since

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Blanc

Thanks all, I actually rang customer service and they said that it should be back in my account within 24 hours ,and if not to go to any branch and fill out a form. I waited for that time and the funds were not back, but as today is Saturday, i will wait till Monday

It is reassuring that it has happened to others!

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

It happens sometimes if the ATM computer has a little blip or sometimes the notes get jammed on the way out and the ATM thinks you got the money but you didn't. As other posters have said, if it hasn't been credited to your account in 24 hours, contact your bank on Monday. They'll send a query up to the ATM department and they'll rectify it on your behalf. This can sometimes take up to 10 days depending on which bank the ATM is looked after.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭Mort5000

Merch wrote: »
    ...the banks are stuck for money you know :D

Nice one :D

Advertisement