Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spurs V Arsenal Carling Cup

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭slegs

Once you get out of the group stages in the CL anything is possible. Sure its tough to win these competitions with the quality thats there but its not inconceivable. We have no need for an inferiority complex. The EPL is a tough league and we finished fourth in it. We are up there with any team on our day.

The EPL and CL have to be the top focus. We may not qualify for the CL for a few years again. We have to go balls out for it now taking each game as it comes.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

keane=cock wrote: »
    i think he may have learned some lads arent ready
    I thought Sandr, Livermore and Caulker showed great promise last night we weren't a team though which was going to happen as it was the first time most of the team played together I would have no problems with Caulker being used in the premier league this year Sandro only got stronger as the game went on as he came to terms with the game Livermore didn't do too much wrong. It should be remembered the two penalty's killed us until that we had a great chance second half we played really well Robbie added an awful lot to the team in my opinion great experience and I can tell you they all will have learned a lot from last night really when I think about it only Bently and Naughton were dissapointing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

On a slightly different note on the game, it was very disappointing to see half the fans leave after 4-1. I myself stayed until the end last night and was so glad i did because the chants that were sung were inspiring and i must say uplifting after such a poor result. The sound of "when the spurs..." at 4-1 down was amazing. Bring on West Ham at the weekend onwards and upwards, lets get the goons back in the league and do the double over them COYS.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Also the Gooner fans did come up with a very witty chant "Shall we make a DVD?". I guess we asked for that one

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

mickman wrote: »
    i cant understand why people are so pissed at the team selection. we had no centre halves available so that selection was forced. people are always on this forum saying "Play gio" , "gio is world class" etc ,he was played last night and was a disaster. bentley earns 40k a week and is a "big name" player so he got a game. everyone was also calling for sandro , saying "cant wait to see sandro play" etc, he gets a game then along with livermore who people are always calling for as well and ye throw it back in harrys face

dont be so nieve in thinking that bale, modric, vdv , crouch, king etc would play last night. we have FOUR competitions this year and we cant play our first 11 in all of them. we HAVE to prioritise and champs league and premiership and our top two. fa cup then and lastly league cup (dosent matter who we were drawn with)

so get over harrys selection, it was a team full of internationals that people are always saying give them a chance. they got their chance and most of them blew it.

harry learned nothing new last night, no one stood out

Excellent post, couldn't agree more. Where were the calls for the first team before the match?
    I'm in no way happy that we lost last night but now we're one of them clubs (for at least this season) that can look down on the CC, along with United, Arsenal and Chelsea. Even City will be prioritising this competition, we're not.
    And hopefully we'll meet them in the CL semi's and take revenge!:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭yiddo59

KingdomYid wrote: »
    Also the Gooner fans did come up with a very witty chant "Shall we make a DVD?". I guess we asked for that one

In fairness that was good craic alright eventhough the club make dvds for all games.
    THFC wrote: »
    Excellent post, couldn't agree more. Where were the calls for the first team before the match?
    I'm in no way happy that we lost last night but now we're one of them clubs (for at least this season) that can look down on the CC, along with United, Arsenal and Chelsea. Even City will be prioritising this competition, we're not.
    And hopefully we'll meet them in the CL semi's and take revenge!:P

That would be the Man u who've won 3 of the last 6 League Cups and the same Chelsea who've won 2 of the last 6? Odds are one of them will win it again cos they have a winning mentality wheras for all our progress we're still lacking that!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

i cant understand why people are so pissed at the team selection. we had no centre halves available so that selection was forced. people are always on this forum saying "Play gio" , "gio is world class" etc ,he was played last night and was a disaster. bentley earns 40k a week and is a "big name" player so he got a game. everyone was also calling for sandro , saying "cant wait to see sandro play" etc, he gets a game then along with livermore who people are always calling for as well and ye throw it back in harrys face

dont be so nieve in thinking that bale, modric, vdv , crouch, king etc would play last night. we have FOUR competitions this year and we cant play our first 11 in all of them. we HAVE to prioritise and champs league and premiership and our top two. fa cup then and lastly league cup (dosent matter who we were drawn with)

so get over harrys selection, it was a team full of internationals that people are always saying give them a chance. they got their chance and most of them blew it.

harry learned nothing new last night, no one stood out
    True mickman,in the first couple of pages of this thread people were looking for fringe players to get a run now there all complaining.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

I thought Sandr, Livermore and Caulker showed great promise last night we weren't a team though which was going to happen as it was the first time most of the team played together I would have no problems with Caulker being used in the premier league this year Sandro only got stronger as the game went on as he came to terms with the game Livermore didn't do too much wrong. It should be remembered the two penalty's killed us until that we had a great chance second half we played really well Robbie added an awful lot to the team in my opinion great experience and I can tell you they all will have learned a lot from last night really when I think about it only Bently and Naughton were dissapointing.

my sentiments exactly

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

tippspur wrote: »
    True mickman,in the first couple of pages of this thread people were looking for fringe players to get a run now there all complaining.:rolleyes:

I certainly dont have an issue with the fringe players getting a game, it's the poxy attitude of the Bentleys of this world that sickens my bollocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Feel a little bit better now seeing that City,Liverpool,Chelsea went down tonight,(misery loves misery;))

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,032 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

tippspur wrote: »
    Feel a little bit better now seeing that City,Liverpool,Chelsea went down tonight,(misery loves misery;))

Would you not be feeling worse considering that there's less quality opposition to face?

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Everything In Its Right Place

when you play in three competitions at the same time somethings gotta give. teams like man u and arsenal have been rotating their squads for years so they are more used to it. the most important game for us is the game against west ham and then twente. CC is just a side quest. also i think the game came to early in the competition. Spurs and arsenal sounds like a semi-final rather than a 3rd round game. we need gomes hes really good at organising the defence unlike cudicini who is all over the place at times

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

Hatch99 wrote: »
    I certainly dont have an issue with the fringe players getting a game, it's the poxy attitude of the Bentleys of this world that sickens my bollocks.

Bently is a flop- nothing harry can do about that. he gives him the chances and he never takes them.
    yiddo59 wrote: »
    In fairness that was good craic alright eventhough the club make dvds for all games.

That would be the Man u who've won 3 of the last 6 League Cups and the same Chelsea who've won 2 of the last 6? Odds are one of them will win it again cos they have a winning mentality wheras for all our progress we're still lacking that!

we are not in the same bracket as united and chelsea yet and anyone who thinks we are are deluding themselves

Bently is a flop- nothing harry can do about that. he gives him the chances and he never takes them.

He's the manager, there is plenty he can do.

He's the manager, there is plenty he can do.

like what exactly. they cant stop his wages cos he dosent make an effort. when a players signs a contract they hit gold. if the club terminate his contract then they have to pay him off

its well known that bentleys attitude is terrible and is happy out living in london drawing his wages.

like what exactly. they cant stop his wages cos he dosent make an effort. when a players signs a contract they hit gold. if the club terminate his contract then they have to pay him off

its well known that bentleys attitude is terrible and is happy out living in london drawing his wages.

Im not talking about his wages etc...thats a no-brainer !

He should have been let go in the summer (on loan most likely as nobody could afford him) as it was there for all to see that his attitude was a disgrace at times last season. Sure Harry himself said last season that he wasn't in the sqaud at times as his attitude in training was a joke.

I put it like this, Wenger or Ferguson wouldn't put up with a twat like him. He'd have been long gone.

Im not talking about his wages etc...thats a no-brainer !

He should have been let go in the summer (on loan most likely as nobody could afford him) as it was there for all to see that his attitude was a disgrace at times last season. Sure Harry himself said last season that he wasn't in the sqaud at times as his attitude in training was a joke.

I put it like this, Wenger or Ferguson wouldn't put up with a twat like him. He'd have been long gone.

he was due to go to fulham on loan but it fell through at last minute as it wasnt clear we were going to get vdv.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Bodie Doyle

For all our talk that Livermore did ok in the CC game, Harry doesn't seem to think he can cut it or maybe wants to get him more experience in the lower divisions-That twat Roy Keane has just signed Livermore on loan until January.

he was due to go to fulham on loan but it fell through at last minute as it wasnt clear we were going to get vdv.

That was only a last minute mickey mouse thing when clubs are trying to get anybody in to give themselves more bodies etc..

Personal abuse from a mod? This calls for an out-right ban...!:p:D:D:D

• Advertisement

Advertisement