Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Helix Earring bubble

Options
  • 18-09-2010 10:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭

any advice on getting rid of the bubble on my helix piercing? :cool:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Could be hypertrophic scarring. Is it like this?

HypertrophicEar.jpg

If so try using chammomile tea bags. Make a mug of chammomile tea and let the tea bag stew for 10 mins or so. Take the tea bag out and let it cool slightly so it's not boiling hot but still warm. Put it around your piercing gently and leave for about 10 minutes. Might take a week or so to see some results but it can be very effective.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭.Conor.

Could be hypertrophic scarring. Is it like this?

HypertrophicEar.jpg

If so try using chammomile tea bags. Make a mug of chammomile tea and let the tea bag stew for 10 mins or so. Take the tea bag out and let it cool slightly so it's not boiling hot but still warm. Put it around your piercing gently and leave for about 10 minutes. Might take a week or so to see some results but it can be very effective.

Yeah its exactly like that!
    Grand, I'll give that a go :) Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

yeah chamomile tea soaks work a treat! worked wonders for me

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

It's great stuff alright. You could also use a drop of tea tree oil but it's much harsher on the skin and piercing. If the chammomile doesn't work then give the tea tree oil a go as a last resort.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 543 ✭✭✭CK2010

It's great stuff alright. You could also use a drop of tea tree oil but it's much harsher on the skin and piercing. If the chammomile doesn't work then give the tea tree oil a go as a last resort.

yeh i use tea tree oil on everything but found it too strong for my piercings, it dries them out and makes them itchy, so i mixed it with vitamin e oil (which i also use alone on piercings too) on a cotton bud and it worked wonders for me!! may have been the oil, may have been the tea tree, guess il never know!

• Advertisement
Advertisement