Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Serj Tankian's latest?

Options
  • 18-09-2010 10:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone hear it yet? Elect the Dead it is not!!!!!!!!!!

Not what I was expecting even after reading about all the experimentation and instruments etc. and hearing 2 of the songs over recent months. Not sure I dig it much even after 3 listens. It's got guitars just not the one's we know and love :(

On a positive the man's voice is still supreme! Deffo an acquired taste on this one I think, maybe a few more listens. The lead track Disowned Inc. is my favorite off it right now , and also liking Gate 21.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭caspa307

ive only listend to it once, but yeah im with you its not elect the dead quality(fantastic album) ill have a few more but i dunno about this one i really dont

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

Nah, this just isnt gonna work for me. 'Borders are' just got annoying and I had to skip it. Once Iv listened through this Ill give Elect the Dead a spin. Havent listened to that in months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Revolution9

Havn't got it yet, but it was never going to out do Elect The Dead.

Is he making a music video for every song again?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Gave it two listens, and won't be wasting anymore time on a poor album.

The album title is the only thing that is spot on about it.

One full listen and one half hearted attempt. DELETED.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

I loved the SOAD albums but wasn't too impressed with his debut so only had a listen to the 30 seconds samples on Itunes but I can definitely say I will not be buying this album. What the hell is he thinking?

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Joe_Dull

Elect the Dead is a good album and I loved it when I bought it, but it hasn't stood the test of time for me. I'd listen to SOAD's albums far more often than ETD now. Sounds like this one is another step in the wrong direction :(

And don't even get me started on Scars on Broadway...!

Joe_Dull wrote: »
    And don't even get me started on Scars on Broadway...!

Serj had nothin to do with Daron's bad acid trip.

Serj had nothin to do with Daron's bad acid trip.

But still ... :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

I quite enjoyed Scar's, more so than Darren's songs with SOAD by and large :o

• Advertisement

calex71 wrote: »
    I quite enjoyed Scar's, more so than Darren's songs with SOAD by and large :o

Daron at least co-wrote wrote practically all the music for System, and most of the lyrics!

EDIT: On track 3, actually really enjoying it so far :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Joe_Dull wrote: »
    Daron at least co-wrote wrote practically all the music for System, and most of the lyrics!

EDIT: On track 3, actually really enjoying it so far :o

I know, I was talking more about the songs he featured more prominently on vocals vs his stuff with scars.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭MickShamrock

Didn't care for "Elect The Dead", so will definitely not be checking this one out based on the reviews of it I've seen.

Advertisement