Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

alpharooms refund

Options
  • 18-09-2010 10:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Has anubody had any problems getting refund from alpharooms due to the ash cloud in april

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭collegeme

Would hold my breath with this crowd...like trying to get blood out of a stone:mad:

still waiting on compensation (not a full refund) 2 years now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭91011

What is the refund for?

If its for hotel rooms, then unless the rooms were cancelled within a cancellation period, there may not be a refund due.

the eu legislation is about air travel and responsibilities that airlines have for their passengers - unfortunately hotels / booking agencies don't come under this and you'd have to check t&c's to see if refund is due

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 otoolej4

The refund is for our stay in Lanzorote. When the whole ash cloud crisis was going on we were due to fly out on the Monday but couldnt go till the Thursday. When we got to our apartments they told us our room was cancelled but we hadnt cancelled it.So the manager said it was no problem he would get it sorted during our say. So all week he was emailing the company Alpharooms deal through but got no responce. So in the end we had to pay for our stay out of our own money
    When i got home i checked my credit card and payment had been made to Alpharooms so we had paid for our stay twice. I sent an email to them and got one back saying they would look into it.
    They eventually agreed they had been paid twice and would refund me but months later still waiting for refund.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Credit card charge-back, or Small Claims court. Stop waiting for a company that obviously has no intention of refunding you.

Advertisement