Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

advice appreciated

Options
  • 18-09-2010 11:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi everyone in the process of choosing a webdeveloper and getting a site set up retail of branded fast moving consumer goods.
    from what i can gather seo smm sem and stock control are main priorities.
    have come across this firm http://www.teclan.com/index.html and would appreciate a few 2nd points of view as i am pretty pretty green in the web thing and would like first effort to be a sucess as it aint cheap
    many thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 585 ✭✭✭MrDarcy

OP ecommerce is best approached on a "results" basis. Getting the right/wrong IT consultant can be the difference between your internet sales strategy putting you out of business or alernatively complimenting or growing your business.

The costs associated with a successful internet sales strategy are not to be laughed at. The difference between getting your consultant or partner right or wrong are very simple, because either way you will be charged a lot of money for functionality... I have a colleague who paid hundreds of thousands of Euro for a web based IT solution and the whole thing was a complete disaster from start to finish.

The best strategy I can recommend is get several recommendations from people in business that you know. I've found that people who are not IT literate tend to get absolutely bamboozled with bullsh*t by independent IT consultants, its almost like watching a lion move in on a wilderbeast sometimes I think...

Advice is be very careful with your money and don't ever find yourself in a position where you are writing cheques for work and you are not fully and I mean FULLY aware of the work that had to be done...

Advertisement