Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which town has the worst roads in the County?

• 19-09-2010 12:27am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 282 ✭✭

I think Carrickmacross must have the worst roads in the County not only now but for the last 3/4 years, the main street has been dug up more times over the past few years with mains gas, new sewerage, water mains, ESB etc etc.. Right now the Ardee road is closed and the main street and Blayney road are only fit for a tractor or jeep to drive on!! It's actually dangerous for people to WALK across the fecking main street with all the bumps and lumps of tarmac on top of tarmac and of course potholes!
    Do you agree or is there a worse place in the county?:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 62 ✭✭bikeblue

I fully agree.

There is one good thing about the Ardee road ... Current work cannot make it worse than it already was.

Main road: This does not help the local economy, people are not tempted to stay at home but just take their car in another direction (North ??)

However, they resurfaced the Rockdaniel road and that road looks now very smooth (except the T junction with the Crossmaglen road). The ramps are still missing in the Rockdaniel road, hopefully they won't put in that many ramps as before because there were just a couple of them too much

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Argee with you 100%, roads in Carrickmacross are a disgrace, makes you wonder were your road tax money goes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭indiewindy

P & S Contractors have been digging up Carrick for years, and are redigging the road by the graveyard at the moment, how on earth are they getting away with it, this is taxpayers money being wasted, its disgraceful what is happening, do the local businesses or Councillers not care about the ongoing serious disruption and money wasting that is happening

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭Denerick

Monaghan Town has been a joke recently, they dug up all around the diamond area when it was 100% fine, then they dug up Dublin street causing a big backlog on Glaslough street. Absolute joke, the council just trying to justify their budget for next year. I bet every town in Ireland has the same problem. Add up all the taxpayers wastage and it might just do something for the national debt ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭henryporter

Can anyone remember how long ago P & S started work on the Sewerage Scheme in Carrick? I think the Port Tunnel, Aviva Stadium and several other major feats of Celtic Tiger engineering were completed in far less time. They really are taking the p1ss with this one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭1united

Denerick wrote: »
    Monaghan Town has been a joke recently, they dug up all around the diamond area when it was 100% fine, then they dug up Dublin street causing a big backlog on Glaslough street. Absolute joke, the council just trying to justify their budget for next year. I bet every town in Ireland has the same problem. Add up all the taxpayers wastage and it might just do something for the national debt ;)
    Blayney the same, resurfacing roads & footpaths just so they can be covered in fresh chewing gum - most towns around country are the same every September, pr!cks of councils decide to dig up every road when A) theres no bloody need to and B) kids are back at school and days are too short to get job done quickly. God forbid they could do any necessary work during the summer when it would be least disruptive. All in the interest of using up their budgets for next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭VampiricPadraig

I can't go near the diamond in Monaghan Town with the works they are doing at the Westenra Hotel and WTF is with this new roundabout at Old Cross Square. Absolutely POINTLESS!

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭TopBombing

Carrick has had some road or another closed for years, diversions all over the place, it's a shambles.

How any business is expected to survive never mind thrive in the town is beyond me. It's difficult enough getting customers in the door these days never mind preventing them from driving into the street!!

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Totally agree with everyone on Carrick. There are some right craters left in the ground after all of the road works around the place. Shockingly bad.

cournioni wrote: »
    Totally agree with everyone on Carrick. There are some right craters left in the ground after all of the road works around the place. Shockingly bad.
    And whats worse is they have been at it for years now and still get the job and get paid. I've never seen the likes of it before, they dig up one road and leave it in a worse state when they're finish, then months later they come back to it and dig it up again. Is it any wonder the country is in a mess when you have clowns like these wasting money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭oneillMan999

I disagree, i travel around Ireland a lot and Monaghan, in general , have much better roads than the rest of the country.

I disagree, i travel around Ireland a lot and Monaghan, in general , have much better roads than the rest of the country.
    Have you been to Carrickmacross lately, the roads are terrible, the ones that P&S have been digging up they are now leaving in a worse state than before they touched them. Beggars belief as to how this crowd are getting contracts to do work in the town.

Advertisement