Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A Little Help?

• 19-09-2010 12:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Earlier today i was going to buy a new computer (Inspiron 580) the only reason i didn't, is because it said it had "no modem" i also couldent see if it had any form of wireless :eek:

All i really want to know is? Does it...lol?

Another question, don't know if this is the right place to ask though? That computer ^ will those specs be good enough to play FF14?

(i5 750 2.66ghz, 8gb ddr3 ram, 1gb ddr3 HD 5450)

As you could probably tell, i'm not exactly tech savvy :L
    Help much appreciated, Tone.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

No computers come with modems today. That's 10 years ago. A network port is really all you'll have now to plug into router/switch. If you want wireless you can buy a wireless card for it. Cost ya nothing.

As for the specs of that computer. I don't think it will have a problem play any game really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Hey Tone,

here's a link to the PC for everybody else..
    Inspiron 580

Desktops generally dont come with wireless, but you can buy a USB wireless adapter for about 30 euro ... I spose the first question would be what Internet access do you currently have?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Tonerster

Thanks Web.

Would i be right in assuming that all wireless cards are a one fit all? The one that is in my current computer would fit?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,572 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

if the card is plugged into the motherboard then yes it will fit into your new pc
    that pc is powerful but it is bottlenecked for gaming with that graphics card
    it is only really for use in HTPC machines and not really designed for gaming so if they offer a better card go for it or buy a better card yourself from Komplet, Dabs.ie etc.
    If you intend to use it as a primary gaming machine you will feel let down using it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Tonerster

Skerries wrote: »
    if the card is plugged into the motherboard then yes it will fit into your new pc
    that pc is powerful but it is bottlenecked for gaming with that graphics card
    it is only really for use in HTPC machines and not really designed for gaming so if they offer a better card go for it or buy a better card yourself from Komplet, Dabs.ie etc.
    If you intend to use it as a primary gaming machine you will feel let down using it

Thanks for the insight =)

I only really want as an everyday computer, play games on it now and then. Not really much of a gamer, just quite liked FF11 so would be nice to be able to play the new one on req specs :P

I did look at "Mesh Computers" they seemed a little cheaper and you got more for your money, they just seem to have alot of bad reviews...so...

• Advertisement
Advertisement