Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

a rap on redfm/96fm...

Options
  • 19-09-2010 12:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭

there was a rap on the radio today by a cork rapper regarding the gaa match tommorow but i am having trouble locating it.

any ideas on how i could find it?

cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭J2D2

I assume this is the tripe you are looking for.

I'm all for supporting the lads, but god this song annoys the crap out of me.

Anyways, I hope this helps :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭fulhamfanincork

:D cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭themonboys

I wonder will there be any Langers jumping in the fountain tonight?

J2D2 wrote: »
    I assume this is the tripe you are looking for.

I'm all for supporting the lads, but god this song annoys the crap out of me.

Woefully sh1te, he was on Victor Barry's show recently, album on the way :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

If I hear that song one more time I'll crack up.There dismal attempt to get everyone singing it on The Hill yesterday was pretty funny tho :pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Corkscribe

Can't agree with ye, lads. Garry is a brilliantly talented writer and performer. This tune was refreshingly different, compared to all the 'diddly-eye' stuff that comes out at the time of a big game..

Refreshingly different maybe, still cringeworthy sh1t though. Well done, first post in over 3 years a member, you must be a big fan of Garrys.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭gubby

About that...need to settle an arguement. one line.. "we dont deserve no runner up plaque/lark ??????? which is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Kimono-Girl

Corkscribe wrote: »
    Can't agree with ye, lads. Garry is a brilliantly talented writer and performer. This tune was refreshingly different, compared to all the 'diddly-eye' stuff that comes out at the time of a big game..

really? but all he is doing is stereotyping the cork people....

Most of us can speak properly and don't feel the need to use language like "da crack like" or "wan too tree"

at least 'diddly eye' music didn't make us sound like a bunch of scumbags who cannot pronounce basic English!

really? but all he is doing is stereotyping the cork people....

Most of us can speak properly and don't feel the need to use language like "da crack like" or "wan too tree"

at least 'diddly eye' music didn't make us sound like a bunch of scumbags who cannot pronounce basic English!

Very true, wasn't he also responsible for that going to the beach muck :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭themonboys

gubby wrote: »
    About that...need to settle an arguement. one line.. "we dont deserve no runner up plaque/lark ??????? which is it?

Or tack.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 525 ✭✭✭Copper23

Jeez, lay off guys

If you are down on hip hop thats fine, but he's one of the few who's made a really really good effort to make something out of nothing in Cork and managed to get himself played around the country.

I'm not a huge fan of the hip hop scene around the place, there are some chancers but GMC is doing a really good job at what he loves doing and fair play to him.

It's not stereotyping. GMC is a Corkman, how can he stereotype his own county? He uses what he knows. This sort of Hip hop/Rap always has a certain tongue in cheek to it...
    I mean, Jay Z, Luda, Eminem, they all used stressed accents and draw off what they know and where they come from to distinguish themselves. Come on, do you think singing about Chicken and Beer, or the Magicstick is a real meaningful world issue? No, but it's fun and catchy.

Would it be better if GMC was to pretend he was from Brooklyn and sing about "the hood"... what rubbish is that... he's doing a good job and fair play that he went out and made a song that was a bit of fun, to your own admission was catchy enough to remember, he did a lot more for the county than any of you begrudgers.

If you find a Cork accent offensive or find something wrong with somenoe writing a song for a laugh for a final but you're probably in the wrong county, any D4 wannabe town would be a nice start.

Copper23 wrote: »

If you find a Cork accent offensive or find something wrong with somenoe writing a song for a laugh for a final but you're probably in the wrong county, any D4 wannabe town would be a nice start.

I find nothing wrong with him writing a song for a laugh, I do however think the song is sh1t, so too the going to the beach one, pure sh1te. I am also no D4 wannabe so you can stick that comment ;)

Advertisement