Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

any activites for toddlers in tipperary?

Options
  • 19-09-2010 1:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 43

hiya anyone know of any activity play /day center drop in in tipperary for a toddler or mother toddler group ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 trixeybell

.. anyone know what the swimming pool is like in tipp town? does it have a decent baby/ toddler pool?

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭DaveJac

the swimming pool in tipp town does have a seperate pool for toddlers, empire of fun is in tipp town too not sure how young they cater for though

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭WWC1

trixeybell wrote: »
    hiya anyone know of any activity play /day center drop in in tipperary for a toddler or mother toddler group ?

Hi trxkeybell,
    Did you ever source on mother & toddler groups??
    At home with a young babs and would love to join one but can't find any in the tipp area

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭julyjane

AFAIK there is a mother and toddler group in Clonmel one morning a week, I think it's in that community place near the Crescent shop and the high school

WWC1 wrote: »
    Hi trxkeybell,
    Did you ever source on mother & toddler groups??
    At home with a young babs and would love to join one but can't find any in the tipp area

no luck, i cant seem to find any other then creches :(
    i just take my little ones to adventure city in limerick now....shame as it would have been good to meet up with other mums and have a chat! and a little break from bottles and nappies too..havnt had a chance to try out the pool in tipp as the weather is just turning cold and im not brave enough to get in the not so warm heated pool-lol

• Advertisement

julyjane wrote: »
    AFAIK there is a mother and toddler group in Clonmel one morning a week, I think it's in that community place near the Crescent shop and the high school

clonmel is too far out for me anyhow as im the other side of tipp town -towards limerick city way:( would take me an hour to get in there!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭Cat Melodeon

Baby & Toddler Groups - Tipperary
    http://www.rollercoaster.ie/mycounty/mc_view_list.asp?mycounty=Tipperary&categoryid=1#Thurles

Borrisoleigh 067 41922
    Marian Hall, Borrisoleigh
    Wednesdays: 9.30am- 11.00am

Cahir

Community Hall
    Thursdays - 10.30am - 12.30pm

Carrick on Suir

051 642716
    16 Kickham Street
    Carrick Community Childcare
    Tuesdays - 10.30am - 12noon

Clonmel

Grange Community Hall
    Tuesdays 10am -12noon

Gortnahoe
    086 0388755
    Gortnahoe Community Hall, Gortnahoe, Thurles
    Mondays 1030-1230

Kilbeheny
    Community Centre Tuesdays
    10.30am - 12.30 am
    €2 per family, tea/coffee and a chat.

Lismackin

Lismackin hall
    Wednesdays 10.30am - 12.30pm

Lorrha
    Community Hall
    Thursdays - 10am - 12noon

Nenagh

Town Hall, Banba Square
    Weds 10.15m to 12 noon
    Cost is €3 per parent.

Newport

GAA sports centre
    Thursdays 10.30am - 12noon.

Thurles

Source Regional Art Centre
    Wednedays 10.30am-12.30pm
    €3 entry fee (flat rate, not per child)
    Term-time only
    Mums, dads and pre-school children are very welcome

• Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭Cat Melodeon

It's not Tipp, but there is a soft-play area free of charge in MacDonagh Shopping Centre in Kilkenny city.

They also do 'baby boogie' - disco dancing for babies! - on Tuesdays from 10-12.

http://www.macdonaghjunction.com/Regular_Events/Regular_Events.1205.html

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Fran79

Hi
    just some more info on the one in Carrick (which I go to)
    Margaret has now left and its Teresa who looks after it now (shes fab!)

Also the group got so big that new people are invited to attend on a Wednesday at 10:30 - 12:00 (I go on Wednesday as its better for me).

Fran

trixeybell wrote: »
    no luck, i cant seem to find any other then creches :(
    i just take my little ones to adventure city in limerick now....shame as it would have been good to meet up with other mums and have a chat! and a little break from bottles and nappies too..havnt had a chance to try out the pool in tipp as the weather is just turning cold and im not brave enough to get in the not so warm heated pool-lol

I know, it can be very brrrrrr in there at times. :eek: Going to try the group in Cahir, alto can't get phone no so hopefully it's still on. Empire of Fun in Tipp Town is supposed to be good, might be nearer for you than Limerick

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭CeNedra

Hi,

Empire of fun in Tipp town is fantastic, especially for young kids. I take my 3 year old and 1 year old there and it is the best one I've been to for preschoolers.

The parent and toddler groups in Thurles and Gortnahoe are great, very well run and attended by a nice group.

Hope you find somewhere as it is important to get out and about when they are young ... so that you don't lose your mind!!!

Best of luck!

HI,

Yea, I've heard great things about it, glad your little ones are enjoying it :)

Thurles is too far from me and to be honest I don't know where Gortnahoe is:o:o

Didn't make it to Cahir last week but will def try this week and need more conversation than just baby talk if only for an hour...

Advertisement