Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

trabolgan holiday

Options
  • 19-09-2010 1:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 43

has anyone been and is it any good? have a week off work in november and wanted to go away for a break with kids locally

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

trixeybell wrote: »
    has anyone been and is it any good? have a week off work in november and wanted to go away for a break with kids locally

went there for a day visit with my two children a few weeks ago. It was like going back 20 years (since I went there as a kid myself) and the place has not changed at all! The pool area is looking dated and in need of some upgrades.

Anyway, my the kids had a nice day but I think my idea of hell on earth would be to spend a week there on holidays as a resident. Seriously, it's way too 'English holiday' for me. It's grand for a few hours but anything more than that and it would be all kicking off a-la-Jack Torrence

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 trixeybell

went there for a day visit with my two children a few weeks ago. It was like going back 20 years (since I went there as a kid myself) and the place has not changed at all! The pool area is looking dated and in need of some upgrades.

Anyway, my the kids had a nice day but I think my idea of hell on earth would be to spend a week there on holidays as a resident. Seriously, it's way too 'English holiday' for me. It's grand for a few hours but anything more than that and it would be all kicking off a-la-Jack Torrence

oh really ,dont sound too good, maybe ill try the day thing before i commit to a whole week-lol
    thankyou x

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

Ya, the place could do with a lick of paint alright. Went there for a weekend a few years back and it wasn't too bad. We had a good time but a week would be too long. There really isn't that much to do and some of the 'attractions' are outdoors so November might not be the best time to visit.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Isn't it partly owned by Butlins, which explains the britishness of it all? A lot of staff members are from across the water, and the mentality there is very Butlins-esque ... 'blue coat' staff members being your point of contact and entertainment, etc.

Having said that, I was there for a night recently, and it wasn't too bad. Good band, karoke afterwards, good bowling and arcade for the kids to play, but not sure what a whole week would be like there.

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭overmantle

Grand for a day trip but ....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

As above, fine for a few hours but that's it! I'd suggest heading down to Kerry, Tralee and the surrounding towns have great facilities for kids. Killarney also has the Quality Hotel which has pool facilities for the kids, I reckon you'd get a good deal there in November.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Judes

If you can get into old threads this came up about a year ago and there were some very positive things said about Trabolgan - sorry, I don't how to find an old thread but good luck. And yes, try it as a day trip first to see how you all feel about the place. J

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

Judes wrote: »
    If you can get into old threads this came up about a year ago and there were some very positive things said about Trabolgan - sorry, I don't how to find an old thread but good luck. And yes, try it as a day trip first to see how you all feel about the place. J

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055380442&highlight=trabolgan

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055550855&highlight=trabolgan

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Isn't it partly owned by Butlins, which explains the britishness of it all? A lot of staff members are from across the water, and the mentality there is very Butlins-esque ... 'blue coat' staff members being your point of contact and entertainment, etc.

yep, them or Pontins, either way yep, tis an extension of Queenstown :eek:

Advertisement