Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stupid spiders!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Just clean your house & stop f*cking whining.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Could be worse, you could have these buggers...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Just clean your house & stop f*cking whining.

Great insight there! But unfortunately, that's not a nefarious set of plans designed to kill or maim a huge bastard spider.

Besides, my house is clean. It's the temperature they are after.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭SadieSue

Hover them up!

Archimedes wrote: »

That's disgusting :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

stop feeding them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭SadieSue

KILL IT WITH FIRE!

*shivers*

SadieSue wrote: »
    Hover them up!

3:30 in the morning dude :( Need something more neighbour-friendly.

dlofnep wrote: »
    That's disgusting :eek:

That's not the half of it. They're also loyalists!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 614 ✭✭✭Saaron

Oh great...I hate that time of year.

I live in an old house.. and it seems to have spiders that just mutate into monsters!

I think last year was the worst, I found one so big that I was unable to kill it. It was hiding with it's friend in my curtains.. I could not believe the size of one of them. AGHHH! Body & legs included he looked much larger than my hand. :(

That was the only time I've actually had to sleep in another room out of absolute fear. Normally I let other ones live as I don't really mind them unless they're VERY close to my bed.

My Aunt has HUGE spider problem. She can count about up to 40 spiders in a matter of weeks, I don't know how she gets so many, but I've seen them regularly and they're always massive! :(

Oh well, that's all. :D

• Advertisement

That's not the half of it. They're also loyalists!

Big bastard loyalist spiders. Just what I need. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

3:30 in the morning dude :( Need something more neighbour-friendly.

Torch the place, that oughta get rid of em.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 dublingirl01

Oh, i would cry . . :(

I HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATE spiders!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 522 ✭✭✭KevinVonSpiel

Saaron wrote: »
    Oh great...I hate that time of year.

I live in an old house.. and it seems to have spiders that just mutate into monsters!

I think last year was the worst, I found one so big that I was unable to kill it. It was hiding with it's friend in my curtains.. I could not believe the size of one of them. AGHHH! Body & legs included he looked much larger than my hand. :(

That was the only time I've actually had to sleep in another room out of absolute fear. Normally I let other ones live as I don't really mind them unless they're VERY close to my bed.

My Aunt has HUGE spider problem. She can count about up to 40 spiders in a matter of weeks, I don't know how she gets so many, but I've seen them regularly and they're always massive! :(

Oh well, that's all. :D

Eh, Sauron... did it look like this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

I feel all itchy now :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Great insight there! But unfortunately, that's not a nefarious set of plans designed to kill or maim a huge bastard spider.

Besides, my house is clean. It's the temperature they are after.

Bollox. Dirty houses attract insects & spiders.

Just clean it or quit whining.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Was in the bathroom earlier and this big mother****er of spider that i last missed going back around 6 weeks ago was out on the floor of the bathroom again, i knew it was the same guy because i missed him last time and he had crawled under the bath, so i snook up really quiet and smack the **** with the toilet roll and i got him, poor ****er feel sorry for him now espically since he had survived so long.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 587 ✭✭✭some_dose

Dear Op,

Last night I went to watch tv. After a while I felt a twinge on my foot (I was shoeless and sockless). I wriggled my foot and then looked down only to find that I'd angered a giant house spider (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giant_house_spider). Being incredibly arachnophobic I stood up. A ten minute altercation happened with myself and the spider (who I called Barry) having a stare-off (we've all been there). Then, no word of a lie, he CHASED me across the room. I won't deny it, but I screamed like a little girl and ran out of the room. I'm here now in the same room typing this. I think it's........Oh God.......Oh no....He,p meeeeeeeee.rpvjnbreoivvv

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 noura

my god I hate them so much, I saw in my balcony spiders's sons :D I afraid coz they don't want to leave, and they're getting bigger day after day what should I do ???? I can't even touch them :confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

I have two in jars as pets already :-)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

Spiders aren't stupid at all. I think they're great and I don't get why anyone would want to kill them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 522 ✭✭✭KevinVonSpiel

some_dose wrote: »
    Dear Op,

Last night I went to watch tv. After a while I felt a twinge on my foot (I was shoeless and sockless). I wriggled my foot and then looked down only to find that I'd angered a giant house spider (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giant_house_spider). Being incredibly arachnophobic I stood up. A ten minute altercation happened with myself and the spider (who I called Barry) having a stare-off (we've all been there). Then, no word of a lie, he CHASED me across the room. I won't deny it, but I screamed like a little girl and ran out of the room. I'm here now in the same room typing this. I think it's........Oh God.......Oh no....He,p meeeeeeeee.rpvjnbreoivvv

I just looked up that wikipedia page... looks like he's looking for a mate... & it looks like he just got lucky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,550 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

I was catching 2-3 a night for a period of about three weeks. There are less now, not sure why. I have a pint glass that I brush them into. They can't climb up the inside of it. I just put them outside.
    The smaller ones who hang about their webs don't bother me as much because they don't run around the floor waiting for me to crush them in my bare feet (horrible!).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

There's a huge orange and black one outside the front door of where i'm staying for college. I must look like a ****ing lunatic or robber looking for this spider every time I open the door

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

This is just great, loyalist spiders building union jack webs in republican houses. Next thing you know, there'll be july's in March and whatnot.

I dislike spiders. Not hate, but dislike. Don't like killing them though.

some_dose wrote: »
    Dear Op,

Yup, that's the lad. Tegenaria duellica, otherwise known as the Big Bastard Spider. He shall be ok until tomorrow - Then he's going out the window if I can find him.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭me_right_one

Those giant house bastards, do they spin webs? I've never seen one hiding in a corner with a web out, they're always either goose-stepping across the floor or doing Sylvester Stallone impressions on the walls. Anyway, their web would prob be like guitar strings! Is there any way to repel them, any smells, predators etc.?

Those giant house bastards, do they spin webs? I've never seen one hiding in a corner with a web out, they're always either goose-stepping across the floor or doing Sylvester Stallone impressions on the walls. Anyway, their web would prob be like guitar strings! Is there any way to repel them, any smells, predators etc.?

Can of Lynx + Lighter = no more spiders (as well as no more house but fcuk it, what price are you willing to pay?!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Yeah, but they ambush prey by hiding in a web-made tunnel rather than using a web to catch flies.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭me_right_one

That is disgusting. You mean to tell me there are **shudders** web-made-tunnels in my house? I can only imagine they're about the circumference of a pen, and about 2 inches long to house these bastards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭wonton

haha according to wikipedia we dont have any in ireland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,550 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

wonton wrote: »
    haha according to wikipedia we dont have any in ireland

Yeah, I'm pretty sure the feckers I'm catching just run about, have never seen them make webs.

I f**king hate the bastards so much that it would even creep me out to read through the previous threads!

I live in a converted attic, nice modern conversion with an ensuite down the far end. I moved up there in a few months ago but since then have had to deal with at least 10 of what i'd call big spiders. Ones up to a certain size I can just about get to grips with catching in a glass and throwing outside but the big-bodied big-legs guys have to be 'taken out' fast.

Now I don't condone the killing of any of God's/Evolution's creations, but there is an exception to every rule. My housemate has some airsoft guns and I recently came about with the notion of simply shooting the terrifying menaces. There is a drop-floor type circular bath in my ensuite, and guaranteed every few days there'll be a giganton of a spider holding my tub to ransom. So the airsoft gun was perfect.

TODAY!! (technically yesterday), while hovering out the remains of the last unwanted visitor, who was at least the circumference of a coke can in size, his much larger kinsman rolled on down the side of the tub.:eek: I didn't so much **** myself, as myself shat me, out of my skin and out the door of the ensuite. It was certainly the largest I've ever seen apart from the spiders in the pets stores. I tried to shoot him, but my hands were shaking. So he now resides in the hoover.

WTF?!?! This is a creature 1/1,000,000th of my mass! It is definitely the legs, what on earth do they need so many legs for? I need to get past this, as my apparent fear is hindering my enjoyment of life and a kick-ass hot tub! Rats, Snakes, mice, athiests, no problem, big-ass Irish house spiders irk me.

One last story. While watching a movie on my laptop in bed a few weeks ago I felt something twitch at my shoulder (you know where this is going), I brushed it away thinking it was a fly or something else that I could pass no remarks of. A minute or so later I seen the silhouette of many legs passing over the sheets before the laptop. 15 minutes it then took to solve that equation.

Is there any spray or spider-annoying transmitter gadget I can get? I'm kinda looking at this experience as a way of getting over the whole '**** it's a spider' thing, but it's not really going that way. And they just keep on coming, I really don't like them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Eltaz

this Thread make me itchy :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::p:p

if you were bear gryll you'd eat him:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Eltaz wrote: »

No you'd probably ate his shite

• Advertisement

Eltaz wrote: »

Followed by the chef's recommended desert and a bottle of house wine I'm sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,400 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

I went downstairs to get breakfast a few minutes ago and there was a massive bashtard on the wall. One of the ones with the very long legs.

Luckily there was Mr Muscle spray so I owned that bitch, he tried to run off but I wasn't having any of that. I grabbed a bread knife and bear grillz'd him by sticking the knife in his body. Goodbye spider, hello fry up!

I'm pretty proud I handled the situation myself. I usually just run out of the room and get someone else to kill them...I've got a serious fear of spiders :o.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,653 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

My biggest problem with the little buggers is that when I throw them out the door, or swipe one away from my clothing, I am aware that they scurry back to darkness in a random way, but why, why does it always seem to be back towards me?
    I mean, it's like it wants to have a "frank exchange of views" over the whole, get the feck off me issue I thought was settled when I bounced it off my lapel!

Some of them are so big though, I half expect the doorbell to ring after throwing their hairy, 8 legged ass out!
    Then hear a little thick dublin accent go "Do We Have A Problem?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

Can't stand them.
    A fcuker came in the window a few nights ago.
    OH was away so couldn't get rid of him for me.....not that he's much better with spiders. I honestly did not sleep. Must've sprayed have a can of febreze on the bastid. Hoovered him the next day...should have done it in the beginning. :mad:

They're all over the house, even though we only cleaned yesterday and got rid of cobwebs. It's mad!
    Try to ignore them though, I feel bad about killing any :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭Cunning Stunt

Best invention ever. Now I can ''catch'' the feckers, without getting too close :o

http://www.spidercatcher.net/EU/product.htm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

Ahh, if you live in a town you don't know big spiders at all.

I've had to catch ones that wouldn't fit in a pint glass (my usual catchment tool) without cutting off the legs at the knee, I had to go rummaging for a big plastic mixing bowl.

Since half the country is thinking of emigrating to Australia............

Since half the country is thinking of emigrating to Australia............

HAha, wow, that's deadly!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Ahhh. I have so many spiders in my apartment. I don't know where they're coming from. >_<

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

I don't mind them too much until they grow over a certain size. The really big hairy ones scare the bejay out of me. I try to catch them and chuck them out but I could never kill them -when I was young I was always told it was very bad luck to kill a spider.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

After you've gone on your spiding killing spree you'll probably have flies and other insects buzzing in your ear all day long. I could get banned for saying this, but it will serve you right.

I don't mind them too much until they grow over a certain size. The really big hairy ones scare the bejay out of me. I try to catch them and chuck them out but I could never kill them -when I was young I was always told it was very bad luck to kill a spider.
    I think that's only the money spiders (whatever the fsck they are?), I was always told, never kill a money spider or you'll never have any money.
    I guess I killed one at some stage. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭anniehoo

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I half expect the doorbell to ring after throwing their hairy, 8 legged ass out!
    Then hear a little thick dublin accent go "Do We Have A Problem?"
    ahahahaha...that made me laugh so much!

Solution to all your problems is get a cat.Its like havin your very own insect bodyguard. Spiders,flies, any creepy crawlies regret the day they set foot in my place with my cat around. The mutilated bodies ive come home to lately is unreal. I feel sorry for butterflies though (i like them) and daddy long legs (cos you just know their IQ isnt in double digits) and probably diddled directly over to my cats mouth.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,598 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

Bollox. Dirty houses attract insects & spiders.

Just clean it or quit whining.

no.

iv'e seen spiders in clean houses too.

the bastards can live for four years, but they control the insect population, so...i don't know. it all evens out in the end

• Advertisement
Advertisement