Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stupid spiders!!

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭ascanbe

squod wrote: »
    http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/7044/dsc01462ie.jpg

http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/308/dsc01465iw.jpg

Right, now we're getting somewhere! So is there some way to get him to bring more money back with him. The fiver I won on teh lotto didn't cover the diesel I just burnt getting to my last interview.........250miles away.

Well, he's got a 50 cent piece with him, in the picture provided; perhaps he's not aware of the existence of paper money.
    Next time he's in, leave some notes around the place so that he can familiarise himself with the concept.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,550 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Stood on one of the giant ones walking barefoot in the house not long after I had last posted on this thread.
    Didn't realise he was there until it was too late, completely mashed the poor fecker.
    I scraped the bulk of it off my foot with a bit of cardboard only for some of the legs to be left behind along with black mush, had to peel it all off by hand, including individual legs.
    I'm never going anywhere in the house without the lights on again :(.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

ascanbe wrote: »
    Well, he's got a 50 cent piece with him, in the picture provided; perhaps he's not aware of the existence of paper money.
    Next time he's in, leave some notes around the place so that he can familiarise himself with the concept.
    That spider makes lots of money in his line of work
    web designer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 3,598 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

dlofnep wrote: »
    Got the bastard. To quote some fella from Starship Troopers.

"Ain't much to look at after you scrape them off your boot"

and just how did that particular fella end up? :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭karlog

squod wrote: »
    http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/7044/dsc01462ie.jpg

http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/308/dsc01465iw.jpg

I've thrown this very same spider out the back window twice last week and yet here he is. Are there such things as homing spiders?

That's actually pretty small compared to some of the eight legged monsters I've seen abroad. One good thing about Ireland i guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

and just how did that particular fella end up? :o

In a blaze of nuclear glory!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

I hate the ****ing things.
    Was sitting here a few weeks ago with my CT lodger and a mutual friend. The friend is a vegan and refuses to kill anything.
    Saw a spider and stomed on the bastard. The vegan almost cried, and the CT nut wasn't far behind.
    Had to sit through a lecture on why killing spiders is wrong. Then I got bored and told them to STFU. My house, my rules. ****ing hippies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Fucking A Terry!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Terry wrote: »
    I hate the ****ing things.
    Was sitting here a few weeks ago with my CT lodger and a mutual friend. The friend is a vegan and refuses to kill anything.
    Saw a spider and stomed on the bastard. The vegan almost cried, and the CT nut wasn't far behind.
    Had to sit through a lecture on why killing spiders is wrong. Then I got bored and told them to STFU. My house, my rules. ****ing hippies.

So hows life Fly ally?

They swarm on your food tryin to spread germs into your stomach with fatal consequences, annoy the flook out of you buzzing around and yet you fell the urge to hate our allies against germ warfare??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

I hate spiders but killing them is just as bad as throwing puppies in a river in my opinion, had to give a lecture to my 4 year nephew that he wouldn't like somebody chasing him around with a shoe.

They're all part of God's wonderful creatures.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

gurramok wrote: »
    So hows life Fly ally?

They swarm on your food tryin to spread germs into your stomach with fatal consequences, annoy the flook out of you buzzing around and yet you fell the urge to hate our allies against germ warfare??
    No flies in my house. My farts are too smelly for them.

Oranage2 wrote: »
    I hate spiders but killing them is just as bad as throwing puppies in a river in my opinion, had to give a lecture to my 4 year nephew that he wouldn't like somebody chasing him around with a shoe.

They're all part of God's wonderful creatures.

Thanks. Was trying to think of a name for my band.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Isle

I've got billions of the little f*ckers in my bathroom at the moment. I haven't been able to take a shower this all week without one of the feckers deciding to join me. :mad:

Isle wrote: »
    I've got billions of the little f*ckers in my bathroom at the moment. I haven't been able to take a shower this all week without one of the feckers deciding to join me. :mad:

Keep talkin'...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 834 ✭✭✭The Agogo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

ascanbe wrote: »
    Thanks. Was trying to think of a name for my band.

Christian Hip Hop?

Oranage2 wrote: »
    Christian Hip Hop?

:D Something like that; a kinda Christian Hip-Hop/Classical hybrid.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

Today I began a long drawn out tedious process of renovating our old home which my Grandmother used to live in before she died. So the first step was to clear out all the old stuff. In a press I found old food which had been a fly breeding ground complete with maggots and about 20 monstrous spiders who were having a feeding frenzy on the stupid flies and maggots.

My father insisted that spiders are holy (something my grandmother used always say too!) and it was very bad luck to kill them, so we moved them out in jars to an outside hedge. They are also supposed to be a sign of a dry house as they don't like dampness and are a sign of wealth. You should also never kill a moth because money is on its way and if you see one you should do the lottery. These are some of the insect stories I learnt today. Beatles are known as crickers and are very special indeed.

Now rats on the other hand we have waged an undying war against them and we had one in the live trap and subsequently drowned it in a vat of water. I hate Rats and hope to have another trapped tomorrow.

• Advertisement

My dog catches mice and kills stuff (yes dog not cat!) he digs up nests and massacres them playing with baby mice until he gets bored and then snaps their necks, so anyway I saw this massive spider running around the floor of the house so I get the dog and point at the spider he licks it up off the floor without hesitation then looks funny and spits if back out and runs away! Now when I point at the spider he runs off.....the spider turned my killer dog into a wuss :( he really really doesnt like the spider...WTF

• Registered Users Posts: 3,598 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

they're evil i tells ya! :eek:

I know this is late in the thread but I just want to add my 2c..

I personally think it's wrong to kill a fly or spider etc just because they're "annoying" or you're afraid of them. The spider fell on your head and ran off as fast as it could. Does this not show you that the spider wants nothing more to do with you than you do with them?

I would understand if your house was infested with them and you were finding them in your food, but the odd spider is nothing to be afraid of. Live and let live. Don't kill something just because you have an irrational fear of it. We don't live in the jungle, our spiders are harmless.

Advertisement