Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pissed TD threathens female Garda

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Cheap Thrills!

seven-iron wrote: »
    to dlofnep

You do not need to know a policitian personally if you disagree with his policies, but you do you if you are going to proceed to attack his character. I have no problem with policitians having fun and a sing song. I am a Fianna Fail supporter and without them, Ireland would be in terrible state. This heresay of "12 pints" is utter rubbish. Who drinks 12 pints like. Next we will be hearing he was drinking paint for two straight weeks.

it was toilet duck actually. I happen to know. So there :P:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

I know Haughey threatened to have a local garda sent to Tory if he wasn't left go on his merry way-merry being the word.

You might be thinking of Sean Doherty and the 'do you want a pint or a transfer?' story. I remembered it when I read this thread, but I misremembered it as being Brian Lenihan Sr.
    But there was also a brazen arrogance about the young Doherty. "Do you want a pint or a transfer?" he said to a conscientious garda who caught him drinking in a pub after hours.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Sully wrote: »
    The Indo seems to be twisting Kennys words.
    Are you suggesting that the Indo might have something against Enda Kenny/FG?

Say it ain't so!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,876 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

sesna wrote: »
    What's it got to do with Kenny? There is no evidence of wrongdoing nor that he issued a threat to anyone.

There is plenty of evidence of wrong doing and plenty of it is to do with Kenny.

Maybe you have no problem with TDs trying to drink and drive and possibly kill innocent people-I do, as do plenty of others.

Kenny hopes to be the next taoiseach, yet he has no problem with one of his own TDs trying to break the law with potentially fatal consequences and has no problem with one of his TDs abusing his power to try to intimidate a member of our police force.

Kenny has once again shown a complete and utter lack of backbone. Just like all the spineless FF ministers who came out during the week and lied to defend Clowen.

Interestingly, we had a thread earlier today on ordinary people being taken to court for not paying their tv tax, yet elected members of our national parliament seem get treated completely differently for much worse crimes. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

Ha, this is great. FF have returned fire, and it should do some serious damage!

• Advertisement

MUSSOLINI wrote: »

Grist to the labour mill, so it is.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭sesna

Zebra3 wrote: »
    There is plenty of evidence of wrong doing and plenty of it is to do with Kenny.

Maybe you have no problem with TDs trying to drink and drive and possibly kill innocent people-I do, as do plenty of others.

Kenny hopes to be the next taoiseach, yet he has no problem with one of his own TDs trying to break the law with potentially fatal consequences and has no problem with one of his TDs abusing his power to try to intimidate a member of our police force.

Kenny has once again shown a complete and utter lack of backbone. Just like all the spineless FF ministers who came out during the week and lied to defend Clowen.

Interestingly, we had a thread earlier today on ordinary people being taken to court for not paying their tv tax, yet elected members of our national parliament seem get treated completely differently for much worse crimes. :rolleyes:

You completely missed the point - hearsay of an alleged comment by Kenny printed in the FF rag is not evidence to me. Sorry to hear you get your facts from there. Maybe you should be more careful of writing libellous comments about Kenny.

No surprise to see gob$hites getting sucked in by a cheap tactic designed to distract from Biffo's disgraceful interview last Tuesday.

And no, I do not think Sheehan's behaviour, if true, was acceptable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Poly

On the 9pm news, Pj to apologise to Garda in writing. This is going to stink for FG, Kenny should get in quick and flush this turd, then throw in a comment that he will close the dail bar and the seanad when he takes the reigns.

Poly wrote: »
    On the 9pm news, Pj to apologise to Garda in writing. This is going to stink for FG, Kenny should get in quick and flush this turd, then throw in a comment that he will close the dail bar and the seanad when he takes the reigns.

Yes perhaps follow Biffo's example after Willie O'Dea perjured himself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

He asked for the reference to Mr Kenny in the report to be read to him again: "There you go," he said, "Enda Kenny says the matter is to be ignored. That is what I would advise you to do, my boy. The matter is null and void now as far as I'm concerned. It's over with. That's it

Enda and mr sheehan decided the matter is dealt with, never mind ags or the abuse of the member concerned.

Yesterday Mr Sheehan also told the Sunday Independent that, since the incident, he had not apologised to the garda concerned. "I've never been contacted by the garda," he explained. He also said that he had not been contacted about the incident by Mr Kenny, nor had he ever discussed the incident with him.

If Enda never spoke to him then he can forget about taking brian cowens job, I think Enda will have alot more to say and mr sheehan will be stepping down.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

MUSSOLINI wrote: »

Jaysus, FF must be really desperate and deluded if they think pushing this is going to take attention away from the utter balls-up they've made of the country!

delicious! :D rabble!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

Kenny might be gone before Cowen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

sesna wrote: »
    No surprise to see gob$hites getting sucked in by a cheap tactic designed to distract from Biffo's disgraceful interview last Tuesday..

Nobody gave a shít about Cowen's interview. He had a hangover, so what?

Threatening a garda while intoxicated is a much more pressing issue than Cowen being a little off on a radio interview, don't you think? It should rightfully distract from Cowen's interview, because it wasn't worth crying over in the first place.

This is exactly what's wrong with this country. People complaining about irrelevant bollocks, instead of focusing on the actual real ****-ups, be they Fianna Fáil's complete destruction of the Irish economy, or this Fine Gael TD's threats towards a female Garda. A hungover interview is wayyyyy down on the list of priorities of shít we should even give thought to.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

I love the comment... "I can't remember, I was very tired from a long day at work". As if that explains why he can't remember.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Vladidim

dlofnep wrote: »
    Nobody gave a shít about Cowen's interview. He had a hangover, so what?

Threatening a garda while intoxicated is a much more pressing issue than Cowen being a little off on a radio interview, don't you think? It should rightfully distract from Cowen's interview, because it wasn't worth crying over in the first place.

This is exactly what's wrong with this country. People complaining about irrelevant bollocks, instead of focusing on the actual real ****-ups, be they Fianna Fáil's complete destruction of the Irish economy, or this Fine Gael TD's threats towards a female Garda. A hungover interview is wayyyyy down on the list of priorities of shít we should even give thought to.

Five days of newspaper headlines would suggest differently about Cowen's drunken antics :)

A Taoiseach who is all too fond of his drink, who has as Minister for Finance ruined the Irish economy, and then shows up on national radio impaired from a heavy night's drinking is a much more news worthy story than what Kenny supposedly said in passing while leaving the Dail.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1313358/The-dark-truth-Irish-Prime-Minister-Cowen-s-drinking.html?ITO=1490

• Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭McDougal

And some people consider Fine Gael an improvement...

Vladidim wrote: »
    Five days of newspaper headlines would suggest differently about Cowen's drunken antics :)

A Taoiseach who is all too fond of his drink, who has as Minister for Finance ruined the Irish economy, and then shows up on national radio impaired from a heavy night's drinking is a much more news worthy story than what Kenny supposedly said in passing while leaving the Dail.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1313358/The-dark-truth-Irish-Prime-Minister-Cowen-s-drinking.html?ITO=1490

I'd rather meet the Taoiseach with a hangover than meet Sheehan on the M50 with an out of control top of the range Merc. Small difference I know, but significant:D

Happyman42 wrote: »
    I'd rather meet the Taoiseach with a hangover than meet Sheehan on the M50 with an out of control top of the range Merc. Small difference I know, but significant:D

Or how about Fianna Fail TD Jim McDaid going the wrong way up the Naas dual carriageway ? :pac:

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/mcdaids-fivehour-drink-spree-266541.html

One's a figurative car crash and the other is literal :(

• Advertisement

Correct sesna, despicable that anybody would collude in the possibility of that happening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

imagine if the collided :D

Correct sesna, despicable that anybody would collude in the possibility of that happening.

Who colluded ?

One's a figurative car crash and the other is literal :(

Yeh, know the old saying.....' it's not as if somebody died'. It all about perspective I suppose. We'll see where all the moralists are tomorrow I suppose but I won't be holding my breath here in hypocrite central.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

Zebra3 wrote: »
    http://www.independent.ie/national-news/drunk-td-threat-to-ruin-garda-career-2343669.html

I feel if it was an ordinary punter done this they'd be facing a stretch in the Joy, yet it seems like this scumbag is gonna get away with it.

And if Enda Kenny knew about this how come the toerag hasn't been thrown out of FG?

And if Sheehan has any shred of decency left, he'll resign his seat asap.

this pile of s**t should be banned from driving for 6 years simple as that but we all know that they all look after eachother in government while the average joe will do jailtime. this kind of stuff i hear makes me want to go after the knobend and punch his teeth out. threatening a persons career is out of order.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭knird evol

maybe Enda was going around to centra for a few cans of dutch gold and himself and Sheehan were just going to sit in the carpark playing the car stereo having a few cans and smokes. turn the car heater on. cowan was going to stall around and he'd be telling jokes and they'd all be having the crack.
    The garda was jumping to conclusions he was gonna drive

Wouldn't it be extraordinary if Coveney's Tweet unleashed this story and his Tweet actually brings down his own leader!!! Irish politics, priceless!

knird evol wrote: »
    maybe Enda was going around to centra for a few cans of dutch gold and himself and Sheehan were just going to sit in the carpark playing the car stereo having a few cans and smokes. turn the car heater on. cowan was going to stall around and he'd be telling jokes and they'd all be having the crack.
    The garda was jumping to conclusions he was gonna drive

Yeh, the conclusion jumping b!tch! What with him sittin in the drivers seat, starting the engine and all turnin' the steering wheel and driving with the headlights off to the exit barrier......who does she think she is....?:rolleyes::p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Vladidim

Wouldn't it be extraordinary if Coveney's Tweet unleashed this story and his Tweet actually brings down his own leader!!! Irish politics, priceless!

Happyman still has to blame everyone else in true FF style for Cowens awful performance.

Coveney's tweet didn't force Cowen to show up on national media slurring his words after sinking too many pints just a few hours before.

Also, there'd be nothing ironic about Coveney bringing down "his own leader" given that he openly opposed Enda Kenny just a few months ago during the leadership heave.

• Advertisement

Vladidim wrote: »
    Happyman still has to blame everyone else in true FF style for Cowens awful performance.

I can assure you once again that I am a very balanced person, I have a chip on both shoulders.
    And I never used the C word on this thread, how very dare you! :)

Advertisement