Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pissed TD threathens female Garda

Options
12346»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭sesna

Sheehan is losing his front bench position as Spokesman on Agriculture. Great to see Kenny taking action against Sheehan's behaviour, showing true leadership.

Now pity our current Taoiseach tolerated O'Dea's perjury, ODonoghues expenses, Bertie's winnings on the horses, etc. Then again, it would have been hypocritical of him to take any action against them after his drunken antics last Tuesday morning on national radio :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

sesna wrote: »
    Sheehan is losing his front bench position as Spokesman on Agriculture. Great to see Kenny taking action against Sheehan's behaviour, showing true leadership.

Now pity our current Taoiseach tolerated O'Dea's perjury, ODonoghues expenses, Bertie's winnings on the horses, etc. Then again, it would have been hypocritical of him to take any action against them after his drunken antics last Tuesday morning on national radio :pac:

If Enda had acted when the incident occoured kudos then, now it's just facesaving

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

efb wrote: »
    If Enda had acted when the incident occurred kudos then, now it's just face-saving
    Yep, totally agree.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

Its Government For and By Dummies!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

It just sums up everything thats wrong with the leadership (regardless of which party).
    The Country is in the sh1tter and these 2 (Cowen and Sheehan) arrogant fookers behave like this.
    Cowen appears on national radio after a heavy night on the sauce and then heads off to tell the world thats Ireland is ok.
    A member of our National Parlament allegedly tries to drive out of the parlament and threatens a garda after a skinful of pints.
    If either was working in a private buisiness (regardless of the economic situation) and appeared at a meeting with a hangover or gave a Garda a mouthful of abuse after been drinking at the office I wouldnt imagine they would be employed for too much longer.
    Political cronyism is alive and well in dear old (bankrupt) Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

efb wrote: »
    If Enda had acted when the incident occoured kudos then, now it's just facesaving
    That in essence sums up the over all problem with out present state TD's.
    They are consistently reactionary in action, not aggressively forward thinking!
    Everything is "too little, too late".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

This is about to be discussed on Liveline now.

http://www.rte.ie/radio/liveplayer2_av.html?1_real,http://dynamic.rte.ie/av/live/radio/radio1.smil,real,200

EDIT: What a great debate that was :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭seven-iron

This is getting ridiculous now. Where was this thread last July? When the incident actually happened. Even though it wasn't even an incident because he didn't drive! Apparently it's OK to drink now. I think the papers are making a story out of nothing just to get some sales.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

seven-iron wrote: »
    This is getting ridiculous now. Where was this thread last July? When the incident actually happened. Even though it wasn't even an incident because he didn't drive! Apparently it's OK to drink now. I think the papers are making a story out of nothing just to get some sales.

The thread's here now. You might have noticed we're not journalists here (well most of us aren't), we merely comment on stuff that's in the news. Short of the female garda in question registering an account and spilling the beans on Sheehan, how were we to make a thread?
    The only reason this is in the news is because the FF spin machine dug the story up and slipped it under someone's door at the sindo, as some sort of payback for Cowen's tired and emotional moment last week.
    The papers sell irregardless (although why people keep buying the sindo is beyond me) of making stuff up...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭raymon

He is resigning as a spokesman on Agriculture !! What the hell is that !!

I am resigning as a spokesman on Bullsh*t with immediate effect !!

Do they think we are stupid ????? Kenny you were given an opportunity to show how different FG was from the FF liars and thieves , but you failed . Enda Kenny - you are a weak man .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

raymon wrote: »

Do they think we are stupid ????? Kenny you were given an opportunity to show how different FG was from the FF liars and thieves , but you failed . Enda Kenny - you are a weak man .

I don't know what other sanction Kenny has the power to impose?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,694 ✭✭✭✭blueser

bcmf wrote: »
    Political cronyism is alive and well in dear old (bankrupt) Ireland.
    And you're surprised? It's the same in every country; why should ''dear old (bankrupt) Ireland'' be any different? As long as I've a hole in my a***, you'll find cronyism where there are politicians.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Grimreaper666

He's gone now anyway, what a f**king idiot, plenty more where he came from though.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

Again, why is there a bar in the Dáil? Let them have a tea shop; if they want alcohol, let them go out and buy it, and drink it in a pub or at home like everyone else in the country.

But when they're doing their jobs, let them stay sober.

If there are confidential, serious matters to be discussed, let them do it over tea and in their sound senses.

There's no need for this kind of drunken immaturity.

A good letter here

http://paddyanglican.blogspot.com/2010/09/pj-sheehan-another-nail-in-coffin-of.html

sent in to the papers about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

Could do with a bit of editing for the papers but spot-on on the major issues involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

I thought it was against the law to threaten someones livelyhood?

(Bare in mind, I only got to page 4 of this thread before I replied, excuse me if this has been brought up)

Regardless as to who he was, he was drunk (or was he, as I'm assuming no breathalyser was used) behind the wheel of a car.

Foolchild should have his license taken off him. Regardless as to what party he is with, he should resign. But he won't. It'll be forgotten about this time next week, when the flavour of the week is something else.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 PaddyAnglican

Happyman42 wrote: »
    Could do with a bit of editing for the papers but spot-on on the major issues involved.

Thanks for that :) I was trying to cover all the bases but it is a bit on the long side I have to agree
    Stephen

• Registered Users Posts: 19 PaddyAnglican

A good letter here

http://paddyanglican.blogspot.com/2010/09/pj-sheehan-another-nail-in-coffin-of.html

sent in to the papers about it.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the plug - a lot of traffic to my blog from here - It was one of those things I needed to share / offload - So annoyed at this. It is encouraging to see how many sensible people like yourself there are who actually get how serious this is.
    Stephen

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Ivor Callelly who really does commute to the Dail from Cork,

You say that like it's not actually possible. Did someone in this thread not post a link showing that sheehan is the highest expenses claimer in the Dail because he does just that?

Not that it changes the fact that Callaly wasnt actually commuting, but still.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

Stekelly wrote: »
    You say that like it's not actually possible. Did someone in this thread not post a link showing that sheehan is the highest expenses claimer in the Dail because he does just that?

Not that it changes the fact that Callaly wasnt actually commuting, but still.:)

guess he needed it if he was going to have a good skinful and drive all the way to cork, alcohol and petrol are dear

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,974 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Does anyone else smell bull**** when they read this article?

raymon wrote: »

Sorry to quote myself but this thick ignoramus wasnt even the spokesman for agriculture.

He resigned as the deputy spokesman on agriculture . What the hell is that??? He has a vegetable patch???

Enda you are a feeble leader - how do you expect to be next taoiseach ???

Fire this idiot from FG - FF will take him , like lowry

• Registered Users Posts: 13,876 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

dvpower wrote: »
    I don't know what other sanction Kenny has the power to impose?

He could have moved to have him thrown out of the party and shown that his behaviour as a FG TD was totally unacceptable.

Instead he showed a complete lack of leadership and this scumbag will earn another €200,000 as a Fine Gael TD.

What do you have to do get thrown out of FG these days? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

Zebra3 wrote: »
    He could have moved to have him thrown out of the party and shown that his behaviour as a FG TD was totally unacceptable.

Instead he showed a complete lack of leadership and this scumbag will earn another €200,000 as a Fine Gael TD.

What do you have to do get thrown out of FG these days? :rolleyes:
    I don't know what you have to do to get thrown out, but its not in the gift of Enda Kenny to throw anyone out.

dvpower wrote: »
    I don't know what you have to do to get thrown out, but its not in the gift of Enda Kenny to throw anyone out.

Thats complete rubbish

Enda Kenny could indeed pressure someone to resign . He is a weak leader . He already pressured him to resign as "Deputy Agriculture Spokesman" - an imaginary position

That Sheehan fool should resign as a TD immediately. And Enda should release a full account of who said what .

If Kenny refuses to push this clown - then he doesnt deserve to be Taoiseach

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

the sentence that got me, was, when we are in power, you will not get promotion, that kind of threat from a person of his age in life was off the wall, sure he will lose votes for his party, this power, they all want power, how about putting the country first, this is what they were elected to do, but what about making sure this country come out of the gutter, it is all a power trip by the lot,what about creating jobs for us, helping us set up our own little businesses, oh no, they dont have to worry they have a wage, i do not, all a power trip, not doing the job trip

• Registered Users Posts: 13,876 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/td-will-not-face-any-further-action-for-abusing-garda-2353428.html

So it seems like this scumbag actually assaulted the guard and no charges are being laid. :mad:

This is the sort of action that Fine Geal find acceptable from their TDs? :rolleyes: How can someone who assualts a guard still be in their party? :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭Rebelheart

Zebra3 wrote: »
    http://www.independent.ie/national-news/drunk-td-threat-to-ruin-garda-career-2343669.html

I feel if it was an ordinary punter done this they'd be facing a stretch in the Joy, yet it seems like this scumbag is gonna get away with it.

And if Enda Kenny knew about this how come the toerag hasn't been thrown out of FG?

And if Sheehan has any shred of decency left, he'll resign his seat asap.

And this is Fine Gael before they get into power! What hope is there for Banbha now? In the immortal shout of an Irishman from the dock after he was sentenced to death for his part in the 1867 insurrection: God Save Ireland!

Advertisement