Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Microwave repair Wexford?

Options
  • 19-09-2010 9:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭

My Neff microwave (5/6 years old) has stopped working - anyone know of somewhere around Wex town I could bring it to have it looked over? Might just be something simple and cheaper to get fixed rather than buy a new one.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

Bazbu wrote: »
    My Neff microwave (5/6 years old) has stopped working - anyone know of somewhere around Wex town I could bring it to have it looked over? Might just be something simple and cheaper to get fixed rather than buy a new one.

Thanks

I used to repair the commercial ones around 16 years ago for a year which cost thousands to buy, but at the price of domestic ones, if its any more than the plug fuse its probably not worth while having it repaired unless you know someone who can do a few basic connection checks etc inside it. Did you check the plug fuse?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭Mocrie14

robbie7730 wrote: »
    I used to repair the commercial ones around 16 years ago for a year which cost thousands to buy, but at the price of domestic ones, if its any more than the plug fuse its probably not worth while having it repaired unless you know someone who can do a few basic connection checks etc inside it. Did you check the plug fuse?

Thanks for your reply. There is power getting to it cos the digital clock is on but the other buttons (where I choose the power level) have stopped working.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

its not worth getting a 5/6 year old microwave fixed at all.

all...

and i don't think fixing a microwave is a good idea due to their nature.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

its not worth getting a 5/6 year old microwave fixed at all.

all...

and i don't think fixing a microwave is a good idea due to their nature.

Well no its not really worth lookin at, except if someone you know knows what they are doing and could check the connections, door switch connections, etc internally. They have a high voltage transformer in them, over 2000 volts so i would`t recommending opening it yourself.

Fixing a microwave can be done quite safely, a commercial one could cost 5 to 10k to buy and if a €200 euro component goes then fixing them is a good idea.

But a domestic one is not really worth looking at once its outside its warranty.

Advertisement