Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bobby Smith RIP

Options
  • 19-09-2010 10:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/articles/bobby-smith-190910.html

Got the very sad news that Bobby Smith passed away yesterday evening as I was on my way home from yesterday's game.

He was our leading scorer in the double winning year and scored in both FA Cup final victories at the start of the 60s. His record was immense: 208 goals in only 317 appearance.

I had the pleasure of meeting him last season and I can honestly say he was an absolute gentleman.

RIP Bobby, we will never forget you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Rest in Peace

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

RIP Bobby.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

terrible sad news.

great that harry paid tribute to him before the champions league game mid week.

rip

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭kakee

rip

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/articles/bobby-smith-190910.html

Got the very sad news that Bobby Smith passed away yesterday evening as I was on my way home from yesterday's game.

He was our leading scorer in the double winning year and scored in both FA Cup final victories at the start of the 60s. His record was immense: 208 goals in only 317 appearance.

I had the pleasure of meeting him last season and I can honestly say he was an absolute gentleman.

RIP Bobby, we will never forget you.

terrible news, RIP Bobby

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHosKF4Zo3Y

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

A proper Spurs hero
    RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭yiddo59

R.I.P.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

RIP Bobby.

A true Spurs legend and a gent to go with. Shame they don't make them like you anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Mullo76

RIP Bobby

Also had the pleasure of meeting him and having a chat with him last season and as Ronan says a complete gent. Some of todays superstars could learn a thing or two about how to treat fans from him. Sad day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

If you want to catch the great man in conversation, He's on a pre recorded duscussion programme on sky sports 1 tomorrow night (10:30)with Dyson and Jones.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

fair play to the gooners taking part in the minutes appalause tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭marty2002

R.I.P Bobby.

Advertisement