Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to Buy a house and sell your own?

Options
  • 19-09-2010 11:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

Hi,
    I recently bought a house in an area that we didnt really want to move to! the housing estate that we really wanted was not for sale, but now it is and we would love to swap, is it possible..they are both identical in price! Can anyone give me advice on this!! all info welcome

Thanks
    Patrick:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Aka Ishur

You bought a house you didnt want? Hope you brought your flame proof suit because people here are gonna roast you...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

just to say as soon as you signed on the dotted line for your current home you've lost approx €50,000 - with the drop in the market - and current trend (its still not improving despite the government trying to pretend it is) - you could in theory purchase the new property - if you are willing to pay(and can afford) the extra €50,000+ to the bank.

good luck with selling.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

A swap is possible.

A solicitor is your best person to talk to in regards to the process on this.
    But that you mean the seller wanting your house etc, whats wrong with the one you bought?

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭prodigy1

Thanks for the replies!! well the positive ones that is:) there is nothing wrong with the house at all, just the other house is much closer 2 work, it would effectively give me an extra 2 hours a day! The 2 houses are exactly the same price, was just hoping that if i dont make a loss could i just sell 1 and buy another without any hassle etc! What do I have to do?

Many thanks
    Patrick

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

You need to sell your house first before you can consider buying the other one.

I would suggest you get your house valued asap. Unfortunately I think you will find that it is not the value that you think it is.

Then of course you need to actually find someone to buy it.

Best of luck to you but this is not going to be easy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

prodigy1 wrote: »
    Thanks for the replies!! well the positive ones that is:) there is nothing wrong with the house at all, just the other house is much closer 2 work, it would effectively give me an extra 2 hours a day! The 2 houses are exactly the same price, was just hoping that if i dont make a loss could i just sell 1 and buy another without any hassle etc! What do I have to do?

Many thanks
    Patrick

Right,

Well your going to make a loss on the house you bought regardless of what you've done to it. People are simply not offering anywhere near the asking price.

Suck it up and live with your house and try and be happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Suck it up and live with your house and try and be happy.

OP, sorry but this is the best advice for you

Advertisement