Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to charger 12v battery

Options
  • 19-09-2010 11:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

I need to charge a 12v rechargeable battery (for a child's ride on toy, brought back from the states) the battery had a charger cable that plugs into mains as this was a US charger i originally routed it through a converter- which blew up!! I spoke to a electrician who told me it was no problem to convert to plug straight into mains and took off the old US plug and put on a 14v 3pin plug, the problem being i was told it can only be plugged into to charge for 3 hours at a time. The battery needs at least a 18hr charge to begin with. Any advice?
    The end of the charger that plugs into the battery is different design to those used on ride on toys here, so not possible to just use the ones sold with the 'Fisher Price' here.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

is it 12volt SLA (sealed lead acid)?

they should be readily available

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 dodon

The 12v batteries i have been shown have the (+) and (-) terminals mounted on top of the battery.The charger i have (and the ride on toy) has a male connecter that fits into a single female connecter on the battery. Was hoping to find a way to charge the battery i have without changing the wiring in the toy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

you'll have to upload a picture or a better description

if you want help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

Yea im lost here too and cant understand the question clearly.

If i had that here i could sort it, very hard to say anything about it from the description.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 dodon

thanks for the replies-sorry its taken so long to supply picture. The battery i have has a single plug in point (to charger and attach to toy) all the batteries i have seen for ride on toys here have 2 wires to attach to battery. Advice appreciated.

• Advertisement
Advertisement