Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 10!

Options
  • 19-09-2010 11:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭

Well, the changes are in, the cup fixtures are up and its that time for me to be as pessimistic as ever :P

I'ma try make a decent cup run this year, and may not be as pushy for the league. I have a feeling that one of the sleeping giants in my league has awoken for a promotion run.. so that should be interesting.

Anyway -

League prediction - 4th.
    Cup- Out in round 5/6

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Have definite survival in Division 2 thanks to 2 clubs moving over seas. 2 bots in league now. Excellant!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭Phonehead

Nothing is definite Johnny, you most probably will end up playing in a playoff and you may end up playing a strong Division 3 side. Sorry to spoil your fun;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Ah, sure as long as it isn't his girlfriend he'll be grrrrrrand :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭satory

Hum,

Wendylicious has dropped down into my league...

Im looking at a 4th/5th place this season.. Need to hold my fitness together for as long as I can

satory wrote: »
    Hum,

Wendylicious has dropped down into my league...

Im looking at a 4th/5th place this season.. Need to hold my fitness together for as long as I can

She's a tough enough nut to crack, but the top lad in your league took her, so chances are you can too. Plus she may be in underestimation mode. Go get some underdog magic :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Scrummage

Fewcifur wrote: »
    She's a tough enough nut to crack, but the top lad in your league took her, so chances are you can too. Plus she may be in underestimation mode. Go get some underdog magic :)

I surprisingly beat her on the last day of the season taking the 4th play off place. I doubt she was playing to full potential last season.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

Got a bot in my league, some team from Div II to replace orizio... doesnt look too bad over all. think i will focus on a cup run for start of season anyway.

also develop more defense alternatives..and get back row sorted (decide this each season, but love the fancy dan backs too much so they get the training slots!) :D

Scrummage wrote: »
    I surprisingly beat her on the last day of the season taking the 4th play off place. I doubt she was playing to full potential last season.

I thought you said she was moving up into Div II and taking your place as you got relegated? Wuh?

*edit* - Oh sorry, that was Phonehead :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭daveharnett

eoferrall wrote: »
    get back row sorted (decide this each season, but love the fancy dan backs too much so they get the training slots!) :D
    Sounds familiar. I reckon this lad (18, 15k, 196cm, 135kg) should be a good start (and a bit of a bargain, considering he was bought in week 16)

Cutting down on the squad numbers this season. Having 30+ was great - it allowed me to ltnt a few extra games, and keep people a bit better rested, but it just wasn't worth the extra 30k per week.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

2 bot teams now in Div III.7 - *yawn*

battle is on to get 3rd or 4th, and get ripped apart in first playoff game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭Phonehead

Relegated to DIV III.9, after looking at it I think there is only one team I will need to play my first team against!!! Bold prediction that I will go a long way in the cup this season;);)

probably will go out in the 4th round now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭TheVoodoo

Not sure what to make of fixture list this year, theres a couple of tough 2 week periods, but all in all, i think i'm happy enough!!

Satory, WNWIM for this season?

Sounds familiar. I reckon this lad (18, 15k, 196cm, 135kg) should be a good start (and a bit of a bargain, considering he was bought in week 16)

Cutting down on the squad numbers this season. Having 30+ was great - it allowed me to ltnt a few extra games, and keep people a bit better rested, but it just wasn't worth the extra 30k per week.

Looks a player!
    I am trimming down also, but training two wingers for U20's is killing me. Going to have to decide one and cut back on the other so can train some fatties.

(Sorry Jonny!)

TheVoodoo wrote: »
    Not sure what to make of fixture list this year, theres a couple of tough 2 week periods

I'm the same, the last few season had the top two teams in a row, makes LTNT against both near on impossible...:(

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭satory

TheVoodoo wrote: »
    Satory, WNWIM for this season?

Yeah that would be excellent.

Im going to be playing alot of games this year at normal/wnwim and will only look to LTNT 2, maybe even 4 games throughout the league season, I over used it alittle last year, and not im trying to keep to a trimmed down squad and pull a few youths to help out as needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭TheVoodoo

Pretty much exact same here. I plan to spend zero (more than is actually needed). I'ma try to save up a bit for season 11/12

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

I'm aiming for going something like 5-9 in the league, hopefully this will grab me sixth position.

Hoping to have a proper crack at the cup this season though, for once.

Phonehead wrote: »
    Relegated to DIV III.9, after looking at it I think there is only one team I will need to play my first team against!!! Bold prediction that I will go a long way in the cup this season;);)

probably will go out in the 4th round now

I'll take ya

Just noticed that the prize money for div III is well down on last season (about 150k?). I guess this reflects reduced gate receipts for the playoffs/qualifiers in season 9 as compared to season 8.

It looks to have been a tough season for everybody financially. I take comfort from the idea that it has affected me less than others. I've got the same amount of cash as I had this time last season, a slightly stronger team (albeit with reduced depth), and L4 training up and running. I can only imagine how much the reduced income levels have hurt the top thirty teams in the country.

yeah I noticed that, less than a million in my league now. I am the same as yourself though, positive cash balance decent Div III team with a very young core. Lvl 4 training up and running and hopefully a long winnning streak in league and cup to get contentment rising.

gained 4pts from cup win, feckin WNWIM:(

Few players on market, and a few more to go on so more cash. also some very promising youngsters to pull as their birthdays come round (& dave some look like very good back rowers!:D)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

Ah another year in good old III.4 :pac:

ajeffares wrote: »
    Ah another year in good old III.4 :pac:

I have you first match? Ah for fecksake, I was hoping for a nice easy start. At least when we get to the second half of the season I'll have one of the big guns out of the way early.

I have you first match? Ah for fecksake, I was hoping for a nice easy start. At least when we get to the second half of the season I'll have one of the big guns out of the way early.

Dont you know? you are one of the big guns now :D
    The two new teams from div 4 should be pretty handy to take care of anyway

Dont you know? you are one of the big guns now :D
    The two new teams from div 4 should be pretty handy to take care of anyway

Ah feck off, sure one can only be a big gun if you've at least made the playoffs. I'll miss Braybarians though, they had a bad habit of getting beaten by the weaker teams.

Ah feck off, sure one can only be a big gun if you've at least made the playoffs. I'll miss Braybarians though, they had a bad habit of getting beaten by the weaker teams.

Well you are ranked at 4 (because rankings are very accurate;))
    And yeah, the div II team seem to be quality

Well you are ranked at 4 (because rankings are very accurate;))
    And yeah, the div II team seem to be quality

Yeah... cause this time last year I do believe I was ranked as 1, that certainly was a contentment pain when all those lower ranked teams started spanking me about the place.

Yeah... cause this time last year I do believe I was ranked as 1, that certainly was a contentment pain when all those lower ranked teams started spanking me about the place.
    That kind of bit me last season too. I beat a few serious teams in the cup, which elevated my rankings to ~30 in the country. The fans were not best pleased when reality struck back.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Only 40 points down at half-time, going well.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

III.1's looking much easier this season.

• Advertisement

Ajeff gave me a serious spanking today. I fear he's taking the league very seriously this year.

Advertisement