Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 10!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭satory

Out of the auto relegation spots today. 45-12

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

crisco10 wrote: »
    Top my league after todays games. But outrageously tight. I have 51 points, 4th place has 50!!

Those four bot Div 4 leagues are a bitch alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,203 ✭✭✭crisco10

Orizio wrote: »
    Those four bot Div 4 leagues are a bitch alright.

3 Bot Div III actually. :D:D (3.16)

Lack of IGT/attendance is annoying but makes it a nice place to camp and build up squad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭TheVoodoo

Still holding third, just.

Calder ( my new YA promote ) got MOTM, 2 tries and 3 and a half stars at WNWIM. Granted it was against a bot, but he still played well regardless.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

My scrummie (and best player!) got injured yesterday in bot match - nearly had a heart attack looking at it today! but he's back today so all is well!!:D

Still in 2nd in league, regretting the weak team i put out & got caught pants down with a draw!:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭l3m0n5

satory wrote: »
    Out of the auto relegation spots today. 45-12

Well done never got out of the blocks you were 20 points up after 20 min so never had a chance

l3m0n5 wrote: »
    Well done never got out of the blocks you were 20 points up after 20 min so never had a chance

Did you LTNT?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Currently in 4th. Very close league. I have to get wins and a big effort in the final match to keep forth, or get bonus point wins to take 3rd. Didn't get to change my squad so sent my 1sts out against a much weaker team, solid victory but I wanted to rest the tykes.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭l3m0n5

satory wrote: »
    Did you LTNT?

No left it normal/aggressive

Couple of big games this weekend in our league Satory! and ( l3m0n5 ) :P

Only two games to go, the top 5 places could all change quite easily!

Hopefully i'll win tomo tho, and secure 3rd!

• Advertisement

TheVoodoo wrote: »
    Couple of big games this weekend in our league Satory! and ( l3m0n5 ) :P

Only two games to go, the top 5 places could all change quite easily!

Hopefully i'll win tomo tho, and secure 3rd!

Off the top of my head I got Craggy this week... the surprise team of the season. I should take them, and then I think theres a slim chance of nicking 5th, although I have a tough final week fixture, and I need a little help from you, l3m0n5... I'm counting on you for week 14.

Up 0-17 at half time. If i can hold this out i'v 3rd place guaranteed.

Here's hoping!

Should be up to 3rd in the league now, after leap-frogging over Ajeffares. Silly Jeff.

Looks like I'm about to be relegated. Ho-hum.

Want a hug?

Guaranteed a playoff spot against the 2nd place team. Happy enough

Awww, but I thought you were doing so well? I thought you were mid-table. If you get relegated you can go back to Ferrall's league and strike up the banter-off again!

eoferrall wrote: »
    Want a hug?

I assume you are about to be promoted eo...

Fewcifur wrote: »
    Awww, but I thought you were doing so well? I thought you were mid-table. If you get relegated you can go back to Ferrall's league and strike up the banter-off again!

I still am but eight place is only four or so points behind me and I won't win my final game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭mar-z

I still am but eight place is only four or so points behind me and I won't win my final game.

It all depends on Braybarians approach to the next game.

Assuming Celtic Rebels' manager doesn't have a huge cocky streak (or gets distracted by Christmas) then you'll be very lucky to pick up points against them going all out.

I think NDD will lose even if Cork Rebels take it easy (or at least so I'm hoping)

Braybarians are secure in 4th so I'm hoping they go wnwim. My team's energy is shot so if they don't they'll beat me. If they conserve energy for the playoffs then I've got a shot.

If all that happens (or if you beat Celtic Rebels without giving them a bonus lose and the other two happen) then I'm out of the bottom two. Hopefully we both win and NDD lose so we can stay for some division II fun next year*.

Probably we both lose and NDD win :rolleyes:

*Relegation playoff pending

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭mar-z

Oh and *inserts obligatory post slagging Orizio about beating him here*

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭jprender

T'wud be nice to get into II.3 next season, especially as there is a bot team coming down from DIV 1.

I must see what I can do in the last regular season game ;)

Ugh, I've a nightmare final game where the results will decide on who gets in the playoffs etc.

Ajeffares is currently out of the playoffs, but he has a bot in his last game so should pick up 5 points, making it verrrry close for everyone else and definitely putting him back in. So that leaves three teams battling it out for two places, with the top spot secured and Jeff with enough points to get 2nd with a good win. So so very close. So so. Close.

I assume you are about to be promoted eo...

Who knows, 2nd place secure... should be first but was away for first match of season...and then underestimated the same feckin team & drew!:o

But once you're in playoffs its all to play for!:D

mar-z wrote: »
    It all depends on Braybarians approach to the next game.

Assuming Celtic Rebels' manager doesn't have a huge cocky streak (or gets distracted by Christmas) then you'll be very lucky to pick up points against them going all out.

I think NDD will lose even if Cork Rebels take it easy (or at least so I'm hoping)

Braybarians are secure in 4th so I'm hoping they go wnwim. My team's energy is shot so if they don't they'll beat me. If they conserve energy for the playoffs then I've got a shot.

If all that happens (or if you beat Celtic Rebels without giving them a bonus lose and the other two happen) then I'm out of the bottom two. Hopefully we both win and NDD lose so we can stay for some division II fun next year*.

Probably we both lose and NDD win :rolleyes:

*Relegation playoff pending

The reality is that I'm in the worst position as of all of the three important relegation matches I'm the only one (along with Celtic Rebels obviously) in which I can be sure its going to be LTNT vs LTNT. Such is the benefit of playing the strong teams in the final game - they will WNWIM with the play-offs in mind.

mar-z wrote: »
    Oh and *inserts obligatory post slagging Orizio about beating him here*

:p

I should have WNWIM'ed this game. I got greedy. :(

Got email this morning on BR, instead of the usual you have 6+ new members, it informs me I lost a member?:(

This happened to anyone? not like I am on a losing streak or anything & steadily climbing the rankings:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

eoferrall wrote: »
    Got email this morning on BR, instead of the usual you have 6+ new members, it informs me I lost a member?:(

This happened to anyone? not like I am on a losing streak or anything & steadily climbing the rankings:confused:

Yet i have cynical contentment, lost a few in a row and i got 8 new members today.:confused:

Wow, didn't know you could loose members?? I was at cynical for a while following a run of WNWIM games and loses, but didn't loose anybody, i still gained 8-12 members per week even at cynical.

• Advertisement

Isn't it to do with comparable clubs at your level or something? So if a Div IV team got into Div III they'd start to rocket up in membership etc? Or am I imagining that.

Advertisement