Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 10!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭mar-z

It depends on the league average, if you have less than most teams in your league/division you'll gain more members, if your above average you gain less.

I assume eoferrall has hit some sort of threshold between contentment and member number for his league that results in a small loss even when sponsors are in good form. Although it does seem strange that you could gain members last week, win and then lose a member. Probably a healthy dose of random element thrown in like with almost everything else in the game.

News Item Congratulations to our winners!
    Monday 20 December 2010, 11:19pm
    Congratulations to maherej, Banania, and asigo who are the 2010 winners of life premium membership. Well done! We'd like to extend a huge thank you to everyone who supported us and entered the draw.

Membership for life :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

mar-z wrote: »

Boardsies must be lucky! haven't others here got them also? must starting buying membership for these things to enter!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

mar-z wrote: »

There was a draw you had to enter? Damn I never pay enough attention!

Fewcifur wrote: »
    There was a draw you had to enter? Damn I never pay enough attention!

You had to buy something from the store. Long story short, I might have premium for life but the premium I've paid for lasts for over a year from now.

tbh, I liked contributing to a game I play so much. I might buy a name change a year instead or something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭daveharnett

eoferrall wrote: »
    haven't others here got them also?
    Yep :cool:

Happy last group game of the season everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

I hate Braybarians.

(congrats Mar-z)

Orizio wrote: »
    I hate Braybarians.

(congrats Mar-z)

Really!:D I'm just about to log in, delighted!!:D

Edit: wow, he really threw in the towel for this match

You gave Celtic Rebels a good run Orizio.

Finished seventh in II.3 - whst league does one end up in or is it too early to tell?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭TheVoodoo

Finished 3rd! Will try and push for the final playoff spot, i.e to finish 2nd/1st.

Not ready for the Jump to Div II tho, so will take it handy.

Orizio wrote: »
    Finished seventh in II.3 - whst league does one end up in or is it too early to tell?

Too early to tell. After the play-offs you'll switch with 7th (I think) in the promotion table.

Really annoyed with myself. Went to set tactics/team last night, broadband was acting up so I said "sure I'll just get up early..." but slept-in! Fack! Barely lost the match and missed out on 2nd place and the playoffs by a point. Bah! Such a close league! If I had LTNT'd I'd have had an easy win :(

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭l3m0n5

satory wrote: »
    Off the top of my head I got Craggy this week... the surprise team of the season. I should take them, and then I think theres a slim chance of nicking 5th, although I have a tough final week fixture, and I need a little help from you, l3m0n5... I'm counting on you for week 14.

Well I did my bit went LTNT and finnaly got a proper win this season. :D:D
    See ye all in a season or two. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭TheVoodoo

Rath- Build your Squad over a season or two, and then go for it. Work on training and friendlies and the transfer market. You'll be back up in no time!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭jprender

I played my seconds on WNWIM trying to manipulate the promotion tables to finish in 3rd spot.

I picked up a bonus losing point which puts me in second. If I get promoted, I go up into Div 2, II. I don't like that very much :(

l3m0n5 wrote: »
    Well I did my bit went LTNT and finnaly got a proper win this season. :D:D
    See ye all in a season or two. :(

You should buy young (17/18 year olds) and to help you in this check out the firesale at my club, Scorched Earth. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

jprender wrote: »
    I played my seconds on WNWIM trying to manipulate the promotion tables to finish in 3rd spot.

I picked up a bonus losing point which puts me in second. If I get promoted, I go up into Div 2, II. I don't like that very much :(

I didn't want to be promoted so i've been playing possum for most of the season. Wanted to casually finish fourth, win the playoffs but with a low enough points total to guarantee i wouldn't be promoted. Kinda backfired on me in the final game when i failed to realise i'd been caught and finished fifth. I'm ****in raging.:mad:

corny wrote: »
    I didn't want to be promoted so i've been playing possum for most of the season. Wanted to casually finish fourth, win the playoffs but with a low enough points total to guarantee i wouldn't be promoted. Kinda backfired on me in the final game when i failed to realise i'd been caught and finished fifth. I'm ****in raging.:mad:

I fully sympathise :(

Gutted, my best players are all on low form - the best bring about satisfactory. scrum half on limited :(

guess I'll be in Div III a bit longer, never win all 3 play off (& promotion) matches in this state..:mad:

• Advertisement

eoferrall wrote: »
    Gutted, my best players are all on low form - the best bring about satisfactory. scrum half on limited :(

guess I'll be in Div III a bit longer, never win all 3 play off (& promotion) matches in this state..:mad:

Rally them Farrell, Rally them! HOLD THE LINE! etc.

Make it through your first match and they may buck up their ideas.

Fewcifur wrote: »
    Rally them Farrell, Rally them! HOLD THE LINE! etc.

Make it through your first match and they may buck up their ideas.

yeah hoping to struggle through, but its a kick in the nuts! especially when the guy in first is from div II & has some monsters. beatable but need to be on form... but I aint quitting yet!

I feel physically threatening, and often just out and out beating them with hurleys helps 'improve' their form.

At the very least its good craic.

Brian Clough style - me likey!

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭MarVeL

Not sure if I got lucky or not but I just cleared the autopromote for next year and topped the league. Looking at the teams in Div2 I think I've seen the last of happy fans for some time to come :( The training should be good though :) Any one know how to work out which lerague I'm going up to (want to work out just how fecked I am)

MarVeL wrote: »
    Not sure if I got lucky or not but I just cleared the autopromote for next year and topped the league. Looking at the teams in Div2 I think I've seen the last of happy fans for some time to come :( The training should be good though :) Any one know how to work out which lerague I'm going up to (want to work out just how fecked I am)

You haven't played your playoffs yet right? As far as I know the points difference from the playoffs could bump you up or down the table, but generally I think the top team goes into Div II.1 etc.

** edit : My mistake, I have a game set against a Div IV team so I assume playoffs are done and dusted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,203 ✭✭✭crisco10

Jaysus. I got a worse case of that.

My goal for this season was to just get into the playoff final (and in all probably lose it). Somehow ended up winning today.

Then log on to see I have drawn a bot in the promotion/relegation playoff. So I will be going from the relative ease of Div 3.16 to Div 2.1!!! :eek::eek::eek:
    All of the above maybe incorrect if I'm too tired to read correctly,

• Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭daheff

u finished 4th in the autopromote...means u go to Div II.4

When does the new season begin?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Welcome to div 2.4 marvel. If i make it through my qualifier on wednesday our troops can get to know each other once again. Wont lie to you, it will be a tough hard season ahead no matter who is in the division but congrats for making it.

Advertisement