Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 10!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭MarVeL

Thanks johnnysmack!

Just looked at the opposition and it looks like I'm set to be fighting for 6th place if I'm lucky! I'll just have to focus on the training so

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

You could always go on a cup run!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

Orizio wrote: »
    When does the new season begin?

if i recall right next monday is the first day of the new season...so one sat free

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭TheVoodoo

Finished 3rd. Happy enough, thought i'd finish 4th!

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Scrummage

crisco10 wrote: »
    Jaysus. I got a worse case of that.

My goal for this season was to just get into the playoff final (and in all probably lose it). Somehow ended up winning today.

Then log on to see I have drawn a bot in the promotion/relegation playoff. So I will be going from the relative ease of Div 3.16 to Div 2.1!!! :eek::eek::eek:
    All of the above maybe incorrect if I'm too tired to read correctly,

If you are going in to Div 2.1 thats the league I am in its not as tough as it looks there are 2 strong teams and the rest are capable of beating each other, although I am in a playoff with the div 3.14 winner and am contemplating going down for a season or two.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,203 ✭✭✭crisco10

Scrummage wrote: »
    If you are going in to Div 2.1 thats the league I am in its not as tough as it looks there are 2 strong teams and the rest are capable of beating each other, although I am in a playoff with the div 3.14 winner and am contemplating going down for a season or two.

You the Coach Potatoes?

Yeah, i'm playing the BOT that came 6th in your league. I am seriously underpowered for Div 2 but sure what the heck. I wonder how big a hit my contentment will take!! The experience and IGT will be nice...

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭MarVeL

Could go another cup run but that'd be just giving up. Think I'll see just how far behind I actually am

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭satory

Got a bot in the promotion playoffs, or will definitely hold on to my Div 3 status for the next season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭bossa_nova

how do the promotion qualifiers work??. MY match is against a div 2 team, i'm hoping i get wopped :p:pac: don't stand a chance in div 2:o

bossa_nova wrote: »
    how do the promotion qualifiers work??. MY match is against a div 2 team, i'm hoping i get wopped :p:pac: don't stand a chance in div 2:o

If your a div 3 team and are playing the 5th or 6th placed team from div 2 and you win then your team will promote to div 2 and the the div 2 team will drop in to your league. Who you playing?

• Advertisement

When does the energy reset happen? i.e. before or after the playoffs on Wednesday?

When does the energy reset happen? i.e. before or after the playoffs on Wednesday?

midnight tonight as far as I know so both team will have 100% energy for the playoff tomorrow night

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭mar-z

before

If your a div 3 team and are playing the 5th or 6th placed team from div 2 and you win then your team will promote to div 2 and the the div 2 team will drop in to your league. Who you playing?

ahh thanks for the heads up

I'm playing Southern Marauders

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭Effluo

Not received a playoff team yet :/

Why have I not received a team for my playoff match yet?

I finished second in my league, but won the league in the cup part structure.

My team is the East Coast Tinders

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

You are auto-promoting.

But I'm in the second half of the promotion table.

Is that irrelevant when the team in in division IV?

Also is there any way to tell which division I'll be in next term then?

Edit:
    Hold on a minute!!!
    I was moved into the top half of the promotion table for some reason...

Anyone any idea's why this would just happen?

Effluo wrote: »
    But I'm in the second half of the promotion table.

Is that irrelevant when the team in in division IV?

Also is there any way to tell which division I'll be in next term then?

Edit:
    Hold on a minute!!!
    I was moved into the top half of the promotion table for some reason...

Anyone any idea's why this would just happen?

I think you jumped ship after the the league playoffs, i think its only those teams that make the actual playoffs, so a lot of teams that where ahead of you in the playoff tables must of lost out in the league playoofs and you took there place, same thing nearly happened to me :eek:

Hmmm,

I could have sworn I was in the bottom half even after the final game...

Ah well, I'm not complaining :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

I feel bad for the Div IV lad playing me tonight, he's struggled up from Div V over the last 3 or 4 seasons, but his best player is about 12k CSR. Not taking any chances though, the firsts are getting a run out!

• Advertisement

Fewcifur wrote: »
    I feel bad for the Div IV lad playing me tonight, he's struggled up from Div V over the last 3 or 4 seasons, but his best player is about 12k CSR. Not taking any chances though, the firsts are getting a run out!

Well I'm WNWIMing a bot in a Div 2 playoff. Assume I will win, but a part of me hopes not!!! Like it where I am in Div 3.

The div 3 team I'm playing has two Irish U20 internationals in it. I see myself being relegated tonight :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Well I'm WNWIMing a bot in a Div 2 playoff. Assume I will win, but a part of me hopes not!!! Like it where I am in Div 3.

You could just sabotage your squad completely... put all your backs in the pack and then play 100% driving. That's if you really want to stay in Div III :p

Awww Mar-Z, you've beaten better in your time, you'll be grrrrrrrrrrrrrand!

You could just sabotage your squad completely... put all your backs in the pack and then play 100% driving. That's if you really want to stay in Div III :p

Awww Mar-Z, you've beaten better in your time, you'll be grrrrrrrrrrrrrand!

Planning on doing the same my self 2 seasons in Div 2 enough playing tnt week in week out. Looks like I will be heading to Div 3.14

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭daveharnett

I'm up against it a little tonight. Not a favourite by any stretch (his centers are monstrous), but hope springs eternal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

Planning on doing the same my self 2 seasons in Div 2 enough playing tnt week in week out. Looks like I will be heading to Div 3.14

In that case let me be the first to welcome you to Div III.14!:D

Not going to lie, was insanely tempted to do it. But thought that was incredibly defeatist of me.

71 nil up after 41 mins in the playoff.

So tips for keeping contentment up next season when I can expect to be soundly spanked most weeks??

My contentment is at 100 at the moment so have wiggle room but could be a long season.

eoferrall wrote: »
    In that case let me be the first to welcome you to Div III.14!:D

Thanks Looks like I am already there loosing 34-3 with 60mins gone

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Won my qualifier 45-26. Delighted with that. Really didnt want to go back to the doldrums of div 3.

• Advertisement

Drew my qualifier 11-11. Means I stay in division II by the skin of my teeth :D

My kicker missed 2 penalties and a conversion but redeemed himself with a drop goal about the 77th minute!

And the team being relegated from division I is a bot!!:D

Advertisement