Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 10!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Half time and I was 20-0 up... but now I'm afraid it may be LTNT vs Normal and he's beginning to gain on my lads with his enthusiasm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭TheVoodoo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Fewcifur wrote: »
    Half time and I was 20-0 up...

You always have to go one better!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭CoDy1

TheVoodoo wrote: »

Good game alright, awful lot of handling errrors though!

Yea, few too many really.. Going from end to end though, which is always interesting to watch!

• Advertisement

Thats that then :(.

Good game CoDy!

You always have to go one better!!

1 better? ... how about 34-10 better?

... ended 34-12. Happy that I managed to pull off the win without using precious LTNT. Sad that Satory is out :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

1 better? ... how about 34-10 better?

Strange, i thought your game finished 34-12, so i will see that score and raise you 31-7!

I believe thats game, set and match to me....this is the tennis forum right?

Strange, i thought your game finished 34-12, so i will see that score and raise you 31-7!

I believe thats game, set and match to me....this is the tennis forum right?

I knew there was a reason my players were going mental at the last score! Faaaaaack!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,203 ✭✭✭crisco10

F******* SAKE!!!!

2nd season in a row I go out with a last minute try against me. (turned over possession at 79:59 too :mad:) Failed to convert my outrageous territorial advantage in the first half, so its really my own fault.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

through again, 30-14 win. conceded try in first few mins and towards the end also. but win on normal so still in cup! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭satory

I nearly went LTNT, but chose just before leaving for work that I wanted to try and take something from saturdays game and so went normal...

Good game fewcifur

satory wrote: »
    I nearly went LTNT, but chose just before leaving for work that I wanted to try and take something from saturdays game and so went normal...

Good game fewcifur

Ah Satory, that takes some of the excitement out of it in hindsight, I was expecting you to demolish me. Our teams aren't that different quality-wise, I only gambled on Normal because I thought I could dominate in the line-outs, but that could have been a risky gamble with you on LTNT.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭daveharnett

Fairly soft win tonight, and the cup gods have been kind to me - another fairly handy fixture next week. Got a bit of a shock after fulltime though:
    Cup match (5711757) played away generating no profit (a loss was made by home club).
    Stadium waay too big, or silly staffing levels? That kind of attendance should generate close to 150k.

Fairly soft win tonight, and the cup gods have been kind to me - another fairly handy fixture next week. Got a bit of a shock after fulltime though:

Stadium waay too big, or silly staffing levels? That kind of attendance should generate close to 150k.

Wow, that's crazy! Stadium must not be anywhere near full if that's the case. Silly player.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

I put out my second team to "throw" a cup game against a good looking team from div 2 - as my first team are knackered after I went LTNT saturday and monday mistake and thought I would get beaten up whatever team I had out...

and beat them, into the 5th round of cup I go :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

I put out my second team to "throw" a cup game against a good looking team from div 2 - as my first team are knackered after I went LTNT saturday and monday mistake and thought I would get beaten up whatever team I had out...

and beat them, into the 5th round of cup I go :)

Yeah, I put out my second team as well which in terms of CSR was about the same as yours. Figured I'd still squeeze a win but evidently my tactics were a bit off.

Orizio wrote: »
    Yeah, I put out my second team as well which in terms of CSR was about the same as yours. Figured I'd still squeeze a win but evidently my tactics were a bit off.

OH MY GOD DID VAGGABOND KNOCK ORIZIO OUT!?!?!?!

Now I HAVE to write a post on cup upsets! :D

Opinions on upgrading to lvl 4 facilities?

Obviously if i was to do it now, it wouldn't be open until next season, so i'd have the extra 20k from Sponsorship per week.

Have a decent chunk of cash in the bank, enough to fund all advertising, construction etc.
    Also training a Spanish u20 prospect, who has gotten huge interest from Spanish owners, he'd bring in a huge amount of money, from that.

So i don't think money'd be a problem, like covering costs, just wondering is it a good idea or not?

If anyone has recently taken the jump from lvl 3-4 recently, i'd appreciate any input!

Obviously if i was to do it now, it wouldn't be open until next season, so i'd have the extra 20k from Sponsorship per week.

Have a decent chunk of cash in the bank, enough to fund all advertising, construction etc.
    Also training a Spanish u20 prospect, who has gotten huge interest from Spanish owners, he'd bring in a huge amount of money, from that.

So i don't think money'd be a problem, like covering costs, just wondering is it a good idea or not?

If anyone has recently taken the jump from lvl 3-4 recently, i'd appreciate any input!

I took the jump in the middle of last season so they were ready around the start of this season (maybe just at the end of last season). I make a small profit on average. I would reckon that if you wanted to promote then maybe not if you think you will ship a few hammerings next season as I am finding it hard to predict with contentment impacts. but I am doing fine contentment-wise as I stayed in DIV III and so making an overall profit with fairly full stadiums.

So I would look at estimating your earnings over the season and see if finances wise you can afford it, if you can afford it then your decision is are you committed to training players and effectively having no transfer market activity (unless you have a large whack of cash!)

I keep a decent balance in my account to cover the weeks when I have a couple of away matches in a row etc.

But if you can afford it there is no reason not to to get your YA pulls trained as good as you can.

• Advertisement

OH MY GOD DID VAGGABOND KNOCK ORIZIO OUT!?!?!?!

Now I HAVE to write a post on cup upsets! :D

I am in Division 2, you are not, I am in Division 2, you are not, I am in Division 2, you are not,I am in Division 2, you are not,I am in Division 2, you are not,I am in Division 2, you are not,I am in Division 2, you are not,I am in Division 2, you are not,I am in Division 2, you are not,I am in Division 2, you are not,I am in Division 2, you are not,I am in Division 2, you are not,I am in Division 2, you are not,I am in Division 2, you are not,I am in Division 2, you are not,I am in Division 2, you are not,I am in Division 2, you are not,I am in Division 2, you are not,I am in Division 2, you are not,I am in Division 2, you are not,I am in Division 2, you are not,I am in Division 2, you are not,I am in Division 2, you are not,I am in Division 2, you are not,I am in Division 2, you are not,I am in Division 2, you are not,I am in Division 2, you are not,I am in Division 2, you are not,I am in Division 2, you are not,I am in Division 2, you are not,I am in Division 2, you are not,I am in Division 2, you are not,I am in Division 2, you are not,I am in Division 2, you are not,I am in Division 2, you are not,I am in Division 2, you are not,I am in Division 2, you are not,I am in Division 2, you are not,I am in Division 2, you are not,I am in Division 2, you are not,I am in Division 2, you are not,I am in Division 2, you are not,I am in Division 2, you are not,I am in Division 2, you are not,I am in Division 2, you are not,I am in Division 2, you are not,I am in Division 2, you are not,I am in Division 2, you are not,I am in Division 2, you are not,I am in Division 2, you are not,I am in Division 2, you are not,I am in Division 2, you are not,I am in Division 2, you are not,I am in Division 2, you are not,I am in Division 2, you are not,I am in Division 2, you are not,I am in Division 2, you are not,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭daveharnett

I opened L4 facilities (with 2 L4 coaches - 2 more are on the way) about week 10 last season. The difference is training is significant, and the extra 2 training slots don't hurt either.
    Forget about that 20k/week. Salary increases will eat that up easily. Opening early in the season does make sense though - the cup income will soften the blow a little.

It's expensive. For example, giving a player 10 L4 sessions for a full season is ~350k more expensive then 10 L3 sessions. I don't think that difference is reflected in the market. Unless you need absolutely top class players (who very rarely appear on the market), I'd say there's an argument for spending it on the market instead. Could also allow you to put away a wedge of your weekly income to build up your interest earnings.

I am in Division 2, you are not, I am in Division 2, you are not, I am in Division 2, you are not,I am in Division 2, you are not,I am in Division 2, you are not,I am in Division 2, you are not,I am in Division 2, you are not,I am in Division 2, you are not,I am in Division 2, you are not,I am in Division 2, you are not,I am in Division 2, you are not,I am in Division 2, you are not,I am in Division 2, you are not,I am in Division 2, you are not,I am in Division 2, you are not,I am in Division 2, you are not,I am in Division 2, you are not,I am in Division 2, you are not,I am in Division 2, you are not,I am in Division 2, you are not,I am in Division 2, you are not,I am in Division 2, you are not,I am in Division 2, you are not,I am in Division 2, you are not,I am in Division 2, you are not,I am in Division 2, you are not,I am in Division 2, you are not,I am in Division 2, you are not,I am in Division 2, you are not,I am in Division 2, you are not,I am in Division 2, you are not,I am in Division 2, you are not,I am in Division 2, you are not,I am in Division 2, you are not,I am in Division 2, you are not,I am in Division 2, you are not,I am in Division 2, you are not,I am in Division 2, you are not,I am in Division 2, you are not,I am in Division 2, you are not,I am in Division 2, you are not,I am in Division 2, you are not,I am in Division 2, you are not,I am in Division 2, you are not,I am in Division 2, you are not,I am in Division 2, you are not,I am in Division 2, you are not,I am in Division 2, you are not,I am in Division 2, you are not,I am in Division 2, you are not,I am in Division 2, you are not,I am in Division 2, you are not,I am in Division 2, you are not,I am in Division 2, you are not,I am in Division 2, you are not,I am in Division 2, you are not,I am in Division 2, you are not,

Which is why you getting beaten is all the sweeter. See ya in Div 3 next season buddayyyy :)

Which is why you getting beaten is all the sweeter. See ya in Div 3 next season buddayyyy :)

You've already given up on promotion for this season then?

Oh Fewcifur, you disapoint me so. :(

You've already given up on promotion for this season then?

Oh Fewcifur, you disapoint me so. :(

I'm in the same league as Ajeffares, to even dream of promotion would be an insult to the rugby gods.

I'm in the same league as Ajeffares, to even dream of promotion would be an insult to the rugby gods.

Same Ajefferes that got knocked out of cup and featured in your article!?:D

Oh Farrelllll, you certainly are my favourite

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

eoferrall wrote: »
    Same Ajefferes that got knocked out of cup and featured in your article!?:D

In my defense my team were wrecked and I got TNT't :p

I guess I can just focus on the league now :D

ajeffares wrote: »

I guess I can just focus on the league now :D

:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭mar-z

Having a crazy first half to the game. Went 19-0 and three tries down inside 15 mins. Then go 26-19 up securing a bonus point with 37 mins on the clock. A penalty and converted try later go in 3 points down at the half.

No idea what way this is goin to go in the 2nd.

Advertisement