Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 10!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

I'm 6 up right now with 25 to go.

EDIT: Back to one down now unfortunately.

One point defeat. Got the tactics right anyway, could have gone either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

my all conquering second string team beat a bot 75 odd nill :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

Fewcifur wrote: »
    :(

Cork Dragons are looking worryingly good this season :o
    And Breifne blues are very strong . . going to be a tough league.
    At least we know whoever makes it up to Div II will definately be strong enough to hold their own

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

ajeffares wrote: »
    Cork Dragons are looking worryingly good this season :o
    And Breifne blues are very strong . . going to be a tough league.
    At least we know whoever makes it up to Div II will definately be strong enough to hold their own

Meh, I've already beaten Cork Dragons. I've never ever beaten Breifne Blues. I fear them more than I fear you, yet they don't seem to have the beating of ya.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

Won in the cup today. Next opponent looks very manageable, but the round after that is when I might have to bow out... or else throw away all chances of coming in top 2 of league as I have the two other best teams on bookending the cup in the middle.:(

only got a measly 40k! hate away matches - if this was home I would have had near on 80K approx. when split profits. least next one is home.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭daveharnett

eoferrall wrote: »
    if this was home I would have had near on 80K approx. when split profits.
    Yikes, must expand my stadium soon!

Careful now. Though I must say I've been selling out all my home matches, but I've just had a lucky streak on the aul contentment, not sure I'll take it as a sign to expand.

Careful now. Though I must say I've been selling out all my home matches, but I've just had a lucky streak on the aul contentment, not sure I'll take it as a sign to expand.

I'd agree with Frankie here, I expanded the end of season 8 and all season 9 didn't sell out once, in fact it was a weight around my neck in overall terms. this season contentment has remained high, so stadium selling out thankfully. but still not spending much as my bak took a savage hit last season. You will see comment from me somewhere on here about bankruptcy warnings received etc.

THe cup run hopefully will be my saving grace this season. its got contentment to euphoric so hopefully I can keep it fairly high to keep the punters happy!!

anyone hit 100 contentment? I have been at it the last week or two - packed out the house! :D

Wonder how long I can keep it up!

• Advertisement

anyone hit 100 contentment? I have been at it the last week or two - packed out the house! :D

I've been at it or pretty close for the last while. Wonder is this a result of the change to contentment etc... might be tempted to expand if I get a mediocre cup run/league position and the fans are still happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭mar-z

I did last season, this season has seen a spectacular collapse in contentment though, need to get some sort of league result soon :(

anyone hit 100 contentment?
    I've pretty much lived there during the cup runs this and last season.

It's actually sort of double edged. Any further wins will boost your rankings (and hence the inevitable contentment drop when you lose) without giving you any extra contentment in the short term. Last season I ended up ranked ~30 in the country only for contentment to plummet when reality returned.

Edit: I'm actually considering throwing my friendlies to keep contentment and rankings on an even keel.

mar-z wrote: »
    I did last season, this season has seen a spectacular collapse in contentment though, need to get some sort of league result soon :(

Is this league harder this year then last year? That NDD's result kind of kills me for the year really.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭mar-z

Definitely much harder. I think a few shock results last season meant some teams aren't underestimating the worse teams in the league where they did last year. Also the new teams are better.

I just realised that I never set my team properly for today. Winning 3-0 with 2 missed penalties but I'll be lucky to get anything by the end of it.

I want to get back to div III for a season or two and hopefully come back stronger,I don't see myself staying up.

BALLS as I typed this they got a try :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Im playing WNWIM against a much better team, all the stats were in his favour before the game, yet its half time now and im 12-3 up.

Id be delighted to get something from this game, was expecting to be destroyed.

mar-z wrote: »
    Definitely much harder. I think a few shock results last season meant some teams aren't underestimating the worse teams in the league where they did last year. Also the new teams are better.

I just realised that I never set my team properly for today. Winning 3-0 with 2 missed penalties but I'll be lucky to get anything by the end of it.

I want to get back to div III for a season or two and hopefully come back stronger,I don't see myself staying up.

BALLS as I typed this they got a try :(

Yeah, I think I'll do the same. Looks like I'm going to lose to these Bray bastards, which means its pretty much impossible for me not to get relegated. Considering just throwing games from here on. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭TheVoodoo

Not doing too well at all this season. I'm not even trying against the better teams, just resting players. Hoping to finish 5/6 and avoid Auto Relegate...

My 2nds got a bonus point win against the weaker of the two new teams in the league. Grand job. I was slightly worried because his 1sts are marginally better than my 2nds, but I figured if I played on Normal and got my tactics right I'd have the win. And I did. Hooray.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Oisinjm

Put my seconds out in a game I thought I was going to lose. Somehow they came in with the win. Great stuff :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭satory

hey, only got the internet on my phone for the next couple of days... any chance someone can check the beltra rfc score for saturday and post it here? cant access br on my phone. i was playing rath?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

satory wrote: »
    hey, only got the internet on my phone for the next couple of days... any chance someone can check the beltra rfc score for saturday and post it here? cant access br on my phone. i was playing rath?

You won 29-22. Bonus point win too.:)

Our league is bloody tough this year Satory... Compared with last season, i'm having a shocker. Hopefully it's only down to teams LTNT'ing to get a few wins on the board, and energy will be shot by the seasons end. Although, i've sold some of my better guys, and not replaced them.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭satory

Yeah its incredibly tough this year , though I'll hold 6th I need to see about picking up a win or 2 in the second half of the season to attempt to avoid auto relegation.

@corny, Thanks man...

TheVoodoo wrote: »
    i've sold some of my better guys, and not replaced them.

Silly Buttons

Silly Buttons

The idea was to sell when i could get high prices, and buy when i could pick up some bargains the following season.

So basically build up a big balance... which has happened.. but i thought i'd be able to handle the lack of my better players. :/

TheVoodoo wrote: »
    The idea was to sell when i could get high prices, and buy when i could pick up some bargains the following season.

So basically build up a big balance... which has happened.. but i thought i'd be able to handle the lack of my better players. :/

Has anybody else noticed the bottom falling out of the transfer market? I've tried to sell four decent 17 year olds over the last few weeks, two didn't sell and the other two went for my initial asking price of 10k, when I would have been expecting more like 100k ultimately.

Has anybody else noticed the bottom falling out of the transfer market? I've tried to sell four decent 17 year olds over the last few weeks, two didn't sell and the other two went for my initial asking price of 10k, when I would have been expecting more like 100k ultimately.

yup had players that would normally sell for decent sum not be bid on at all. think everyone is tinkering with YA so having some youths coming out they are training themselves.

But of a disaster for finances! ;)

Have had a few of my younger guys not selling, or going for less than i had expected as well. I try to put a higher starting price, so it's basically just a reserve on them

• Advertisement

Yep, some great value around at the moment. Here are a couple of my recent purchases:
    http://www.blackoutrugby.com/game/club.squad.php#player=9257595
    http://www.blackoutrugby.com/game/club.squad.php#player=9725013

Both will pretty much pay for themselves over a few seasons even without any individual training.
    yup had players that would normally sell for decent sum not be bid on at all. think everyone is tinkering with YA so having some youths coming out they are training themselves.
    I think it's that plus the normal mid-season downswing in prices. As teams get knocked out of the cup, they are trying to reduce numbers, not increase them.

I'm playing around with the idea of buying a few high-csr players over the next couple of weeks. I reckon the difference in prices between now and week 15 (just before knockouts/qualifiers) could allow me to have them for free :)

Advertisement